Chives99

Love isn't just something you feel whilst your alive, its part of the universe

36 posts in this topic

why did the universe ever create the ego, it makes no sense to me

4b9982afed14c754688e87478125e859.png

"You have to allow yourself to not know"- Peter Ralston

1 hour ago, Chives99 said:

The real can be known only through the false, so the ego is a must. One has to pass through it. It is a discipline.

1 hour ago, Chives99 said:

that's a very meaning-based view of the world, the opposite of nonduality.

To me love is just an emotion inside awareness, it's not everpresent whatsoever. It's definitely a very powerful emotion, but it's not existence.

@Viking Love unifies everything , ego separates 

@Prabhaker I dont see why the universe would create the ego so it could become enlightened again 

5 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Chives99 How many days in a row would you like to chill alone, without texts, online convos, etc. Just in your house alone. How long you think?

how does that relate to love?

2 hours ago, Chives99 said:

@Prabhaker I dont see why the universe would create the ego so it could become enlightened again 

you're a stage green hippie probably. that's fine, though dont get stuck there.

2 hours ago, Chives99 said:

@Viking Love unifies everything , ego separates 

how does love unify? and what do you mean by unify?

I think naturally, through the course of evolution organisms are going to get smarter and smarter, for billions of years as far as we know, there were no organisms that were aware of themselves, or at least aware of what they looked like (I know that's arguable but stay with me). 

So in our current time it's only humans, elephants, dolphins and some does that can identify themselves in a mirror, which is the test that they are aware of their own body. This self awareness would seem like a natural progression in consciousness, but if you become aware of your material self would it not be easy to confuse that with your higher self? With this knowledge it becomes easier to see yourself as seperate from everything else even if it's not really the case, this is also compounded by those who teach you about life confirming that you are indeed seperate. So it's necessary to go through this stage of believing you are your ego as once you pass through it and realise you're not you can then use your ego as a tool. 

If you think about it because of ego we have advanced so much as a species, you could argue that this has been to the detriment of the earth which is true,but then that is only because we see ourselves as seperate from the earth. If we were to raise our consciousness even further and see the ego for what it is, we would be able to advance civilization in ways that don't damage the earth and that maybe even improve it. 

Bro you're forgetting that the universe is literally absolute infinity. Literally. Not metaphorically. Thereby ego must exist, it's inevitable. You can't cherry pick what should and should not exist. That's like saying "absolute infinity should be everything but ___" (fill in the blank with anything, really). That mindset in itself is egoic ;)

It's Love.

6 hours ago, Chives99 said:

Prabhaker I dont see why the universe would create the ego so it could become enlightened again 

Nothing serious about it. It is just a play, a cosmic joke.

Love is what gives the universe Light.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

1 hour ago, Mikael89 said:

Love is a human emotion. Do you think animals feel love? I don't think so.

CollageMaker_20180731_014705414.jpg

CollageMaker_20180731_014854022.jpg

CollageMaker_20180731_014533959.jpg

Edited by Sevi

It's not even not just a human emotion. It's above everything. Even this new age shit of fear as being in opposite to love. Fear IS love.

Edited by Timotheus

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all of the barriers within yourself that you have built against it 

- A Course in Miracles

The actual movement-ACTION of Love has no opposite. If it does it is not love.

Thinking operates in terms of the opposites, or duality. This is a mental conceptualization that accociates a range of variations of disturbance such as feelings, excitement, and so on. These are states that thought then interprets into an image, such as (Love).

Actual love is not a conscious mental reaction. Any reaction of the mental-psychological mechanism of thought, is a movement of fear. Thought is a direct function of fear responding to protect itself and bring about psychological security...

But If there is fear there can be no love. Love is not a psychological reaction. It’s the absence of psychological reaction. Love is intelligence itself, (that which is not fragmented, conditioned, mechanical), by the limited and strategic mechanism of thought. 

Anyway this is seen when thought is explored in oneself. That’s the great thing about self learning, it’s all directly right in plane open sight within “yourself”...

All you need is a willingness to observe what is the case without distorting to rationalize the fact. 

Edited by Faceless