Steph30

Problem with "Life Is A Dream"

10 posts in this topic

Hi all. Today I watched Leo's video "Life Is A Dream" and I thought about that and somehow I agree with a lot of that video but I have a question.

In our dreams when we become aware that we are dreaming (lucid dreaming) then we can do whatever we want in that dream and we can defy that dream's rules.

does that mean if we become aware of this waking dream (become enlightened) we can do whatever we want in this waking dream (our world)? and if yes why enlightened people like Buddha didn't do incredible stuff like miracles to prove to people that this world is a dream and we can become enlightened? Thanks in advance

Edited by Steph30

Let me preface by saying that I have no idea, and this is just wild speculation, but...

When I lucid dream, it's not quite that simple. Not everything is instantly possible, and often even if I know I'm dreaming, I have to practice being able to perform miraculous physical feats before I can do them--or sometimes I have trouble controlling the dream at all. This seems to be related to my relationship to the dream environment and characters, or my belief in my ability to perform a certain action. Just like "real life," more things just happen to me in the dream, than my controlling them.

Also, I can't seem to control what dream characters do. They seem to have a mind of their own. So here comes the speculation part: the Buddha is just a dream character to you, so he would only be as capable of performing miracles as you are of believing that he could. This dream is from your perspective after all, not the Buddha's, right? You're the dreamer, so it is up to you if the Buddha can fly or Jesus can turn water into wine or whatever. You'd have to become enlightened and perform miracles yourself to really find out.

That's just my theory, though, as I said. Could just be BS. Who knows what this experience is and why we even have it.

@Steph30 From that expressed perspective, you are not the dream - so why can’t that you do anything he can think of - because that you doesn’t exist, that you is dream stuff, and all your thoughts are dream stuff. The dream is so convincing, that the real You (consciousness) has tricked itself into identifying as the dream you, quite intentionally.  But you are the dreamer of the entire dream, including the universe, physics, spacetime, The Buddha, and me. 

So to answer your question about The Buddha, who never existed - you try it. You go ahead and tell someone (the person, the who)  they don’t exist, because they are actually God. Go ahead and ‘prove’ it to them. Let us know how it goes. If possible, post a picture of their face right after too. 

??

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 hour ago, Steph30 said:

Hi all. Today I watched Leo's video "Life Is A Dream" and I thought about that and somehow I agree with a lot of that video but I have a question.

In our dreams when we become aware that we are dreaming (lucid dreaming) then we can do whatever we want in that dream and we can defy that dream's rules.

does that mean if we become aware of this waking dream (become enlightened) we can do whatever we want in this waking dream (our world)? and if yes why enlightened people like Buddha didn't do incredible stuff like miracles to prove to people that this world is a dream and we can become enlightened? Thanks in advance

No, you lucid dream in the sense, you live your life knowing its a dream. Thats all.

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

@Steph30 Life is not a dream. You can not know what it is. "Dream" is already a characterization of what is that brings certain associations with it. "Physical Universe" is another characterization. "Consciousness" and "Being" yet another. It is not anything. 

"All is God!" "All is Consciousness!" All is Yahweh" "All is a dream!" aren't that all just word games to pretend anything is knowable?

that being said It might be helpful to deconstruct a current belief like "All is a physical universe" with the counter argument of "All is a dream" to "achieve" a general sense of humbleness to the fact that you don't really know. But don't take it too seriously.

Edited by Echoes

the dream has many layers

love is a deeper layer, its a collective dream, we're all connected

you have to understand who you are in order to know more truth

if you want to understand enlightenment you have to understand non-enlightenment

enlightenment is timeless,past, future, present, it means you have always been enlightened

its not that you hit a point and you suddenly become a divine godlike being , you have always been divine

so we as beings of infinite energy, infinite creation, infinite intelligence,infinite love, we collectively incarnate on earth

and we arrive here and we're not enlightened so to speak, we don't remember shit

now if you were a godlike being why would you make yourself forget your identity, your powers?

the quickest way to enlightenment is be fully human, being fully present to who you are as you are, give attention to life as it is, do what you came here to do, fulfill the reason why you chose to forget 

why did buddha enlighten and 99,99% of the earth didnt at his time?

was buddha just smarter? were other people dumb?

no , non-enlightenment has meaning as well, which explains why buddha didnt do power plays to convince anyone, anything buddha did was always about love and consciousness and personal growth

a gigantic display of miracles and superpowers to force people to awaken doesnt accomplish anything, people are already enlightened beings, they're dormant for a reason

Edited by Arkandeus

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

When you dream in the night that dream has it’s limitations just like the waking state. 

Your freedom is not dependent on those limitations.

It shows naivate to take analogies too literally.

All analogies break down when you push them far enough. The point of the analogy was to help you see you are asleep, not to get you to start fantasizing about flying through walls, etc.

Wake up first, then you can worry about the issue of control, if it still exists.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Steph30 Mantra means a pure sound. The whole existence is reverberations of energy, different levels of vibrations. As there are different types of forms, every form has a sound attached to it or, every sound has a form attached to it. When you utter a sound, a form is being created. There is a whole science of using sounds in a particular way so that it creates the right kind of form. We can create powerful forms by uttering sounds in certain arrangement. This is known as the Nada Yoga, the yoga of sound. If you have mastery over the sound you also have mastery over the form that is attached to it.