Pamela0

I'm over 60!!! ;-0

13 posts in this topic

Ok, I've been listening to your video's for a couple of weeks.  I love your no B.S. and to the point attitude.  But I feel like an imposter because your audience is young.  What is your take on this?  Can I delve further into your self actualization programs or am I not a candidate for your approach?  Thanks!

Pam

My audience isn't only young. I've had people email me with testimonials who are in their 60's and even 70's who are finding their life purpose and self-actualizing. It's just the nature of YT that it skews towards a younger demo.

Some of the Mods here are in their 40s and 50s.

What difference does it make?

A good insight is a good insight.

And if you feel I am not addressing issues specific enough to 60 year olds, there are plenty of older gurus on YT you could follow.

The bottom line is, whatever age you are, you cannot change it. So might as well accept it and just get to work self-actualizing. What else is there to do in life?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Pamela0

Thanks for your feedback Leo... hahaha.  You are so right on!    Yes, not much else in life to do.  Don't want to follow the worn out gurus; I really Love your no nonsense and edge.    I just wanted to make sure us oldies can get deeper with your practices and still find life's purpose without hitting a wall.  Thanks again for all the help you have given me in this short time I've been watching.  You have inspired and restored my faith.   - Pam

On 2/7/2016 at 6:12 PM, MIA.RIVEL said:

The way I stopped smoking was two things:

1) As Leo said I developed more consciousness every time I had a cigarette, (I had it programmed in my mind) that it was the only thing that calms me down after a stressful situation or a bad day or just to have an excuse to have a break at work. However, developing consciousness wasn't easy but th

4 hours ago, Nahm said:

I see your picture, and I don’t believe you. 

more I became aware, I kept asking to myself 'what are you doing to yourself? your ruining your body for what? where is this going to get you Mia?

2) I started to replace smoking with drinking (although I always had my drinking under control) but then I was doing the same with drinking, why am I drinking? what is this doing for me? Every time I was angry, stressed, frustrated, I replaced these bad habits with good ones, I started going for a walk and listening to feel good music and I would walk and listen to music till I was in a better mind frame and state again. I then decided to start a business and I knew nothing about business so I dedicated my life to doing what I love and learning all I can. Because what I do now means everything to me, I don't have time to think about having a ciggie or feeling the need to just drink whenever I get stressed. I usually take short exercise breaks if I get stressed now, I do some squats or some push ups and this usually shifts my mind really quick. 

So when you are thinking about replacements and distractions, make a list of other ways you can have better replacements and distractions that will serve you.w

@Nahm  <-----smooooooth!  :D

Pamela, I'm in my 40s and I thought the same things when I first started watching YouTube videos of Leo's. Then it occurred to me....shit, there's no difference between me and a younger guy; more yesterdays and fewer tomorrows may be the only difference. But heck, even if I croak tomorrow, I made today a better experience for me than it would have been without this path. The present moment is all we have ever had and all that we will ever get. Make it as good as you can.  

Meditation is, I think, the traditional first step here. Do you meditate yet? One of my friends is 62, and she came to me just last week and asked if I could help her get started meditating. She said she's doing it every day for 15-20 mins and can already see how it will eventually benefit her, so don't worry.....you can DO this.   :)

I'm 29 and I feel like I'm 70 in wisdom and I still feel physically like a teenager because I live with my mom. Age to me is just some made up number that really feels to me as if it's just floating out there. 

12 minutes ago, PsiloPutty said:

Then it occurred to me....shit, there's no difference between me and a younger guy;

Ahem... Less wrinkles :P

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

20 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

HA! that had me rolling lmao

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

And better tastes!  

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

And more hair.  :ph34r:

The advantage of being older is that you have a great deal more life experience to draw from.  Everything you have already learned can be applied.  Things you heard about years ago but didn't understand, start pulling themselves together.

One of the things I've noticed is that it looks like the Internet has made a lot of people smarter in just a few years time.  I've had a friend of mine that I thought was an idiot start proselytizing about Malcolm Gladwell, Elon Musk, & Tim Ferriss to name a few.

It's a movement in this age to harness the power of the Internet to drive Self Development.  And there will now be more people that arrive into it sooner in life than later.  I think the disadvantage of it though, is that you start hearing many folks reach a point where they sound like parrots of other people because the field has reached a point of saturation.  Someone treating a concept brand new in their video for example, when you've already heard it 50 times before.  Typically when a concept gets so popular that people can't stop talking about it, I will do a 180 & head back into less explored areas if nothing else than to relieve boredom.

On 7/19/2018 at 6:42 AM, Pamela0 said:

What is your take on this?  Can I delve further into your self actualization programs or am I not a candidate for your approach?  Thanks!

Old age can be the most beautiful time of life. All the foolishness of childhood gone, all the fever and passion of young age gone. Now it is time, that you should sincerely and authentically enter into meditation.