Shanmugam

The Cult of Sadhguru and Isha Foundation

116 posts in this topic

Part 2 - Is Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev Promoting a Cult?

20 minutes ago, robdl said:

Indeed - and how often is disbelief legitimized/rationalized as healthy skepticism or doubt, when there's a quality of fear to it in actuality? Quite often I'd say.

Fear striving to evade itself, nourishing the very movement of fear itself. 

It all boils down to whether or not there is an ending of this psychological knowledge. Clinging to knowledge that severs self-interest. 

Until that ends, continuesly every day, minute, every second, fear will continue to call the shots, and influence unholy action (incomplete-contradictory action) 

There is no understanding in the absence of freedom, as the i who seeks security in time. 

Edited by Faceless

The absence of freedom, the i, and time, being one and the same movement of becoming, or maintaining psychological security. 

Edited by Faceless

It's probably safe to say that any teacher is going to have believers who can't embody what they are learning  and turn it into a "religion" or a cult of personality.

1 minute ago, Justin Evans said:

It's probably safe to say that any teacher is going to have believers who can't embody what they are learning  and turn it into a "religion" or a cult of personality.

Yh, you can say its more of a humanity problem than sadhguru problem. The problem is sadhguru contradicts himself and is vague about a lot of things, this encourages blind belief. 

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

1 hour ago, Saumaya said:

Yh, you can say its more of a humanity problem than sadhguru problem. The problem is sadhguru contradicts himself and is vague about a lot of things, this encourages blind belief. 

Yes.. It is more of a humanity problem. But there are certain things in what Sadhguru does, which also contributes to that.

1. People try to imitate Sadhguru.. Sadhguru often ridicules people who ask questions. He also uses the words 'idiot', 'stupid' etc (Which I think came from Osho's influence :D ). The followers just imitate this behavior.

2. Sadhguru says things like West is dumb, Science is dumb, every allegation that is said about Isha is spread by Christian missionaries etc. This is a repetitive pattern in his speeches, including in places where they are absolutely unnecessary. He is also too nationalistic and often insists that Indians knew a lot better than everyone else. If 10% of his talks are about real spirituality, the remaining 90% of content will be how great India is. That is the reason why you see Sadhguru devotees naming people as 'arrogant westerner', 'arrogant American', 'arrogant stupid scientist' 'arrogant ****** Christian' etc, when people disagree. 

I have added more in this video:

10 hours ago, Prabhaker said:

Part 2 - Is Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev Promoting a Cult?

Edited by Shanmugam

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

Leo Gura, or Sadhguru, both of them are teaching what they accomplish in enlightenment and consciousness work.. it depends on the other person if they will worship them or they will feel inspired by doing what they talk about...... like YOGAAAAAAAAAAAA, PSYCHEDELICSSSSSSSS.. AND OTHER PRACTICAL STUFFS.. EVERY PERSON HAS A LEVEL OF CONSCIOUSNESS REMEMBER SPIRAL DYNAMICS? Right if their consciousness is in the worship level then let it be because that is their level some people like me i want to become like them in a way i will do my work also.. because i'm inspireddddd of what they accomplish.. i read the book of Sadhguru the inner engineering and dayum.!! Sadhguru is in God mode! Like he is in the level of consciousness beyond what you know about consciousness....,      He is like Jesus Christ in this ERA... I don't know who is more conscious but both of the, is in that stage.... Your consciousness and his consciousness is very faar.. you cannot reach Sadhguru's level.. by having conversations like this.. you are wasting your time... I am in my ego backlash again so i'm back here in this forum hahaha! Hello every one i'm back ahahhaha

Edited by John Iverson

2 hours ago, Shanmugam said:

the remaining 90% of content will be how great India is.

Sadhguru : Miracle of Indian Alchemy, Solidifying Mercury At Room Temperature

2 hours ago, John Iverson said:

Leo Gura, or Sadhguru, both of them are teaching what they accomplish in enlightenment and consciousness work.. it depends on the other person if they will worship them or they will feel inspired by doing what they talk about...... like YOGAAAAAAAAAAAA, PSYCHEDELICSSSSSSSS.. AND OTHER PRACTICAL STUFFS.. EVERY PERSON HAS A LEVEL OF CONSCIOUSNESS REMEMBER SPIRAL DYNAMICS? Right if their consciousness is in the worship level then let it be because that is their level some people like me i want to become like them in a way i will do my work also.. because i'm inspireddddd of what they accomplish.. i read the book of Sadhguru the inner engineering and dayum.!! Sadhguru is in God mode! Like he is in the level of consciousness beyond what you know about consciousness....,      He is like Jesus Christ in this ERA... I don't know who is more conscious but both of the, is in that stage.... Your consciousness and his consciousness is very faar.. you cannot reach Sadhguru's level.. by having conversations like this.. you are wasting your time... I am in my ego backlash again so i'm back here in this forum hahaha! Hello every one i'm back ahahhaha

Looks like Sadhguru's book did its work....:D

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

2 hours ago, Prabhaker said:

Sadhguru : Miracle of Indian Alchemy, Solidifying Mercury At Room Temperature

I don't think the point has been noted... The point is not whether India is a great country or not.. The point is, his overhype of nationalism promotes prejudice... 

"I AM NOT AN INDIAN - nor am I an American or a Chinese. I don't believe in countries and I don't believe in any political divisions. Because of political divisions, humanity has suffered enough. No more of that nonsense. I have to live somewhere, so I live here, but I don't belong to India. I am not a nationalist, because all nationalism is in some way or other a form of fascism.

If you think you are an Indian or a German or a Japanese, you are a fascist - and you are a danger to humanity, to peace, to love, to progress. You are not a religious person. A nationalist is never a religious person, cannot be. And a nationalist is a neurotic. The whole of human history is enough proof for it"

- Osho,  Ecstasy: The Forgotten Language

jkrish.png

Shanmugam 

On 7/17/2018 at 5:26 AM, ajasatya said:

dude... too much already. why so much effort applied to talk about other people's lives? intellectual pride?

Is this addressed to me, dude? 

Shanmugam 

Not to be blunt, but I think religion can be a trap if what you want is Enlightenment.  Enlightenment is just accepting the present moment as it is -- BE-ing that.  That's it.  All this religious stuff is thought-stories, which will block your acceptance of BE-ing right now as it is.  Don't worry about conceptually knowing BE-ing.  That's like tying to catch air with a net.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

If there is a conscious intention to accept what is, it is in itself a form of non-acceptance of what is... Thought is very subtle, takes much more attention-awareness than wanting-choosing to do, or become. 

Its much deeper than that...

?thought-self is very sneaky indeed. 

Relationship with this trickery is essential. 

Edited by Faceless

Ohh @Shanmugam,

Whenever I open your profile - it's mostly with "anti-Sadhguru" content :D You seriously need to move on from that - don't let this become an obsession.

Those who are not the blind followers will anyhow get the point.

Those who are blind followers (devotee) won't care for the point. 

PS: I understand concerns of yours from the video and your blogs - but I don't suspect the intent of Sadhguru's work. :)

Considering Life is supposed to be imperfect(that is what makes you alive) - take what works for you and ignore the rest.

Edited by KrackJack

56 minutes ago, brovakhiin said:

I don't give a fk if it is. The more people raising awareness on global issues like plastic pollution etc the better. You won't find me preaching Sadhguru but he's doing good humanitarian work from what I can tell. 

+1

On 7/17/2018 at 6:40 PM, Salvijus said:

@VikingEven if he's a cerial killer it doesn't matter. All it matters is how can you make use of him. If he offers you blissfulness, take it, who cares who he is.

Ps. I'm not saying that he's bad just making a point that what he is have zero relevence

I think so, too.

Blindly believing in and only the Sadhguru and his cult(or the system built around his followers, if you prefer that) is like shutting everything else out of your belief system is like being a scientist and then shutting your eyes to spirituality and vice versa.

If i had to choose one thing to take from his teachings, it would be his saying:

"If you hate a man today, why would you hate a man tomorrow?"

Such a simple sentence but oh so powerful to me.

20 hours ago, KrackJack said:

Ohh @Shanmugam,

Whenever I open your profile - it's mostly with "anti-Sadhguru" content :D You seriously need to move on from that - don't let this become an obsession.

Those who are not the blind followers will anyhow get the point.

Those who are blind followers (devotee) won't care for the point. 

PS: I understand concerns of yours from the video and your blogs - but I don't suspect the intent of Sadhguru's work. :)

Considering Life is supposed to be imperfect(that is what makes you alive) - take what works for you and ignore the rest.

First of all, for me Sadhguru is just an excuse. The reason why you see many posts is that those posts were actually created as responses to some replies previously given by certain Sadhguru devotees. As I tried to make people understand, eventually the number of posts increased. But for me, he is just the greatest example that I have ever seen for a person who so convincingly appears to be the greatest help but is actually the opposite. He has been a part of my life and I indeed have a lot of memories to share which is about him and his ashram.

But I know that it is very difficult to convince a person on this if he is already impressed to some extent. The problem here is, coming to conclusions with limited exposure. There is a difference between knowing Sadhguru for a while and knowing him in and out for the past 16 years while being in the same state where he lives (political state). Seeing how he has been speaking in Tamil media recently, it is more likely that all his so called ‘humanitarian’ activities are done to increase his PR, get tax exempt and are unbelievably exaggerated. I still give him the benefit of doubt while more than 95% of people in Tamil Nadu see him as a complete fraud when it comes to the claims of those humanitarian activities.

One thing that I don’t find in many of the Sadhguru supporters here in this forum is the lack of open-mindedness. (Not even being open to the fact that a person who knows sadhguru for 16 years and has been living in the same political state where Sadhguru himself has set up his ashram may be right in what he says.)  In fact, his recent comments about Sterlite issue and Salem green corridor issue in Tamil Nadu seem to be clearly showing that he doesn’t care about either environment or people. Both those projects are being carried out only because they are beneficial to corporate companies but completely against the welfare of the common people. We do not have a good government in Tamil Nadu now and there is a complete lack of democracy. This is being used by corporates, corporate gurus, and politicians who benefit from each other.

This is not to say that there is nothing good about him. The programs offered in Isha (even though most of them were the direct rip off from Rishi Prabhakar’s programmes, the person whom he never acknowledged) are good and effective and Isha, in general, is a good place for meditation, as I have been there multiple times. But the problem is in Sadhguru’s talks. He appears to be an expert for people who hear certain things for the first time. But as you explore things out of Isha, you will eventually know that many things he says are half-baked, misleading and cause barriers instead of helping anyone.

Anyway, when a person is about to fall into a pit, all I can do is shout and warn him that there is a dangerous pit ahead. I don’t lose anything. All I am saying is that anything he says has to be scrutinized very carefully and one should be very careful in not becoming lost, by identifying with a guru, a brand or organization. Because his talks are capable of strengthening identification and promoting prejudice. I could only understand it after 14 years of close association. Thankfully, my association with teachings of other gurus like Osho, Ramana Maharshi and Nisargadatta Maharaj helped me to see through my own madness and attachment I had on him. I know very well that a person who is impressed by Sadhguru will see what I am saying as a joke. If you do, then wait for another 5-10 years. Many of the people who disagree with what I am saying now will agree with me by then.

@brovakhiin @Hansu @John Iverson

Edited by Shanmugam

Shanmugam 

6 hours ago, Shanmugam said:

First of all, for me Sadhguru is just an excuse. The reason why you see many posts is that those posts were actually created as responses to some replies previously given by certain Sadhguru devotees. As I tried to make people understand, eventually the number of posts increased. But for me, he is just the greatest example that I have ever seen for a person who so convincingly appears to be the greatest help but is actually the opposite. He has been a part of my life and I indeed have a lot of memories to share which is about him and his ashram.

But I know that it is very difficult to convince a person on this if he is already impressed to some extent. The problem here is, coming to conclusions with limited exposure. There is a difference between knowing Sadhguru for a while and knowing him in and out for the past 16 years while being in the same state where he lives (political state). Seeing how he has been speaking in Tamil media recently, it is more likely that all his so called ‘humanitarian’ activities are done to increase his PR, get tax exempt and are unbelievably exaggerated. I still give him the benefit of doubt while more than 95% of people in Tamil Nadu see him as a complete fraud when it comes to the claims of those humanitarian activities.

One thing that I don’t find in many of the Sadhguru supporters here in this forum is the lack of open-mindedness. (Not even being open to the fact that a person who knows sadhguru for 16 years and has been living in the same political state where Sadhguru himself has set up his ashram may be right in what he says.)  In fact, his recent comments about Sterlite issue and Salem green corridor issue in Tamil Nadu seem to be clearly showing that he doesn’t care about either environment or people. Both those projects are being carried out only because they are beneficial to corporate companies but completely against the welfare of the common people. We do not have a good government in Tamil Nadu now and there is a complete lack of democracy. This is being used by corporates, corporate gurus, and politicians who benefit from each other.

This is not to say that there is nothing good about him. The programs offered in Isha (even though most of them were the direct rip off from Rishi Prabhakar’s programmes, the person whom he never acknowledged) are good and effective and Isha, in general, is a good place for meditation, as I have been there multiple times. But the problem is in Sadhguru’s talks. He appears to be an expert for people who hear certain things for the first time. But as you explore things out of Isha, you will eventually know that many things he says are half-baked, misleading and cause barriers instead of helping anyone.

Anyway, when a person is about to fall into a pit, all I can do is shout and warn him that there is a dangerous pit ahead. I don’t lose anything. All I am saying is that anything he says has to be scrutinized very carefully and one should be very careful in not becoming lost, by identifying with a guru, a brand or organization. Because his talks are capable of strengthening identification and promoting prejudice. I could only understand it after 14 years of close association. Thankfully, my association with teachings of other gurus like Osho, Ramana Maharshi and Nisargadatta Maharaj helped me to see through my own madness and attachment I had on him. I know very well that a person who is impressed by Sadhguru will see what I am saying as a joke. If you do, then wait for another 5-10 years. Many of the people who disagree with what I am saying now will agree with me by then.

@brovakhiin @Hansu @John Iverson

I don't know man, but it is your own paradigm, the ramana, osho, etc is dead now so the point is there is nothing that they can do anymore to you to make you decide reject them.. sadhguru is still alive and some acts can mis understood or the ego man could reject it.. maybe after years and years the next one you will reject is Leo.. given that he is still alive and make some actions that can diminish his integrity like he cannot finish the 30 days of going buddha.. alot of people can make different kinds of ideas that could lead to leave this forum.. there is Outer who always I don't know,,, he make his paradigm available to the public and broadcast whatever he think is correct.. so yea someone can believe that and support that.. ego is infinitely intelligent ,ego takes infinite steps ahead, so he can create in you that could reject sadhguru or Leo at somepoint .... to end this... (EVEN JESUS CHRIST, in that time people, REJECTED HIM AND THE ONE WHO REJECTS HIM IS A RESPONSIBLE TO HIS DEATH, BECAUSE REMEMBER WHEN PEOPLE GIVE THE CHOICE WHO THEY GONNA FREE JESUS CHRIST OR THE OTHER GUY.. PEOPLE IN THAT TIME CHOOSE FREE THE OTHER GUY AND LET JESUS CHRIST NAILED IN THE CROSS..) WHEN YOU COME TO THINK OF IT WHY?? Look what you are doing now about sadhguru.. it is not your fault because you didn't know what you are saying or doing.. it is the ego who sets it..

i am not a devotee of any guru.. but admit it they are wiser than us, if you think you are wiser than them why you are here and listen to Leo? Are you? Or you are here because you are teaching people here? This is a different thing,.. c'mon dude.. Sadhguru is a Mystic his Level is Like Jesus Christ.. he is beyond body and mind now.. if you are doubtful to him you also doubt even yoga.. why you are doing yoga? In the first place? Before he invent inner engineering he first learn yoga in a mentor.. like leo gura he learn meditation to other enlightened person like Shinzen Young.. so Inner Engineering is part of his accomplishments after biggest enlightenment.. yoga is powerful... it can transcend your body and mind.. through energies.. you know this.. so if his energy is in the best mode.. why he will do stupid things??? Or gross things? Or things that can manipulate people or something,, if yoga cannot fix the part of the mind that do things you say about him.. then that is the time to stop doing yoga or meditation it means that all of this cannot save the humanity.. haha.. right?? 

Edited by John Iverson

2 hours ago, John Iverson said:

Sadhguru is a Mystic his Level is Like Jesus Christ..

Yes, his Level is Like Jesus Christ..

Sadhguru Explain the Significance of Snakes in Mysticism During "Linga Bhairavi Consecration".