Joseph Maynor

Open Up and Let the Universe Speak Through You

20 posts in this topic

That’s where all insights come from.

I wish you great growth my Network of Perspectives!  I love you.

I’m not going to be around as much on the Forum anymore, I got a new job.  PM me with any questions or insights and I will be happy to discourse with you that way.

You’ll still see me around, but I’m not likely to have the time I once had to post on here.  With what little free time I do have, I’m going to be building my own Master Mind Network on a different architectural model than the Forum. 

Be careful with overuse of psychedelics.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor Good luck. Do conciousness work and you can't go wrong.

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Good luck Joseph, it's a tough world, in the end it will always be a stage with it's own dramas and who cares who loses and who wins. I was bullied in school when I was younger, but guess what, I was like a stone, it didn't affect me, and basically after that I never got my hands dirty, cause I was emitting no action that wasn't subtle and goodness like in quality. Best of luck. I have to work on this too, neither challenging the world, nor increasing it's frequency of own violence. Hope you keep the Wittgenstein knowledge in your travels.

9 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I’m Leaving the Forum

It is very difficult but renounce your knowledge too !

bye Maynor! good luck with your future ventures! ?

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Learned some new perspectives from you.... thank you. Hope all's well and be good to your-self. 

Haha did you change your mind already and edit your post? One beer too many last night?

7 hours ago, Prabhaker said:

It is very difficult but renounce your knowledge too !

Renounce your renouncing of knowledge.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Renounce your renouncing of knowledge. I like this Joseph, thank you. Don't worry about it, it is all the same for those who don't renounce the renouncing, they are on level 2, independence, which is better than dependence, but not yet interdependence, orange to green maybe will bring them to this. Then renounce your action and you are a lemon and happy with it. Then renounce your identity and become turquoise, but not yet coral because then you need to renounce your experience, but not yet there, cause then you need to renounce your perspective, and that is not enough, cause then you need to renounce your knowledge, but not enough cause then you need to renounce your position (renouncing of renouncing), not enough, renounce rhythm, now, then no later. Nothing else later. So later you won't feel different, nothing to be changed or discovered later, cause one position is not changeable, nothing different at all. Leave it there.

Edited by Hotaka

I wish you peace of mind and let bygones be bygones.

Anna ♡

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

28 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

I wish you peace of mind and let bygones be bygones.

Anna ♡

I’ve only tried to help you.  Sometimes it doesn’t come off as nice.  I’ve always liked your cognitive side.  It’s a strength.  I’ve tried to expand you out more from your narrow ‘teachings’.  I’ve tried to give everybody I discourse with the dose of medicine I see they need to take themselves up a notch.  That’s my life’s calling.  And it’s so clear to me for some reason.  I think I have super-intuition or something — which like everything else, has its pros and its cons.  Sometimes I’m not the most patient or gentle person.  But for some reason I can see a lot.  I just have to channel that in the right way moving forward.  And I think I’m learning to do that better.  But there’s a lot of Egos out there, so it has to be done systemically and smartly.  Otherwise I’m just gonna get killed out there by the huge backlash this work entails.  This work is not for pussies! o.O

Edited by Joseph Maynor

"renounce" has a volitional/effortful quality to it, which may only perpetuate/nourish thought-self.   Passive, choiceless attention  when knowledge arises or when the sense of seeking for knowledge arises is what's called for.  Self-observation, not self-renunciation.  Self-understanding ensues. Knowledge drops from the complete attention of the activity of knowledge in oneself.  You don't try to drop knowledge.  Only ego tries to drop knowledge.

3 minutes ago, robdl said:

You don't try to drop knowledge.  Only ego tries to drop knowledge.

Indeed, positive or negative action is movement of the ego. 

We can say "renounce your knowledge" or "renounce your renouncing of knowledge" or "renounce your renouncing of your renouncing of knowledge".  Each iteration may seem more wise/clever then the next, but each one has the volitional quality of renounce contained within it, so no one iteration of the phrase is more wise than the other.

1 minute ago, robdl said:

We can say "renounce your knowledge" or "renounce your renouncing of knowledge" or "renounce your renouncing of your renouncing of knowledge".  Each iteration may seem more wise/clever then the next, but each one has the volitional quality of renounce contained within it, so no one iteration of the phrase is more wise than the other.

Where there is choice the movement of thought-self is still influencing action, which remains incomplete and finite action. 

8 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Where there is choice the movement of thought-self is still influencing action, which remains incomplete and finite action. 

Yeah, the choice being made based on the preferences/conditioning/past that is thought-self (conditioning/past and thought-self are one and the same movement).

1 minute ago, robdl said:

Yeah, the choice being made based on the preferences/conditioning/past that is thought-self (conditioning/past and thought-self are one and the same movement).

Indeed...all action influenced by the chooser. 

Nothing.

Something.

Process.

What.

Nothing.

Really?

Knowledge is already there, so you can't renounce it.

False knowledge such as ideas and 'things' or 'processes' can be renounced because they are false, never was there a process, but real ones can be renounced, such as cars and items. Here there is a process if life is changing, but get rid of that idea.

You cannot renounce the renunciation of false knowledge because it was never there in the first place, unless they are not doing something they need to do, such as change behaviour or belief system, but in a sense that is 'doing' nothing.

You can renounce any process of renounciation as a thing.

This immediately opens up Knowledge. Here things can be seen.

Renunciation removes ignorance. Renunciation increases Knowledge.  (I could say 'nothing' instead of renunciation)

Edited by Hotaka