ChimpBrain

Would you move from a stage blue dominant area?

27 posts in this topic

I'll keep it short.  I live in TX, my entire immediate and extended family and basically everyone I come into contact with in daily life (aside from my wife) leans heavily toward blue.  I don't want being surrounded by, shall we say, "less sophisticated" people to hold back my potential upward progress and I don't want them influencing my young daughter with their nonsense any more than they already have.  I've considered moving to Colorado in the past for several reasons, one of which is that the people there tend to skew more toward green and I feel they'll be a better influence on myself and my daughter.  The things keeping me from pulling the trigger are A) money. It's a lot more expensive to live in CO than it is in TX. Also my job is somewhat geographically dependent and it will be difficult for me to start over in a new area. and B) moving to a place where I have no family support structure- i.e. no baby sitters, no family cookouts, no Sunday afternoons swimming at my parents house, taking my daughter away from her cousins and grandparents who she loves very much, etc. 

Or, I can stay here and act as a speck of orange/green/yellow in the hopes of pulling others upward, but I've found this effort to be less than fruitful so far. 

What would you sages do given my simplistic description? Are any of you in similar situations and debating a move?  Or have you already made a similar move from a blue dominant area to a more orange/green area? 

Edited by ChimpBrain

@ChimpBrain

In an ideal world I would focus on getting to yellow as soon as humanly possible because you don't know how dangerous green really is. 

Yellow tolerates and integrates the healthy colours on the spiral. Trying to get away from blue as if it's some kind of problem is not a wise move. 

Forget about what others are doing. It's not your job to evolve them. Concentrate on yourself and your own life and be an example rather than trying to decide what others need to be for you. 

source: cook-greuter.com 

@ChimpBrain I would stick around. There's a lot of uncomfortable truths to be learned from existing in a Blue area, especially in today's political climate. I'm originally from Citrus County, Florida, where almost everyone is deeply Blue. This is especially true because I lived in the poorer area, with everyone living in trailers. I have had straight-up middle-aged meth-heads with their teeth falling out of their face moralizing to me about how I should be more lady-like and stop worshiping the devil with my clothing style.

It was very unnerving for me as a teenager, because I was always very iconoclastic and was always exasperated by the racism, homophobia, small mindedness, and religious fanaticism. I tended to get hit a lot with the latter two from ignorant adults, mostly. But most people in Blue are nice, and some of them are intelligent. So, you'll be able to see better how they came to think the way that they do with more nuance and without demonizing them. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

Why would you want to move up, in stages of consciousness or to a different "consciousness area"? Could be like Hamlet(a dead end), a renaissance man, stuck in a medieval world. God and Country!

39 minutes ago, White said:

@ChimpBrain

In an ideal world I would focus on getting to yellow as soon as humanly possible because you don't know how dangerous green really is. 

Yellow tolerates and integrates the healthy colours on the spiral. Trying to get away from blue as if it's some kind of problem is not a wise move. 

Forget about what others are doing. It's not your job to evolve them. Concentrate on yourself and your own life and be an example rather than trying to decide what others need to be for you. 

I understand the progression of the stages but I'm not aware of any yellow dominant areas in the US.  If you are, fill me in!  I think as far as pinning a label on an entire state, some blend of orange/green is about as good as I'm going to find in the US.  Your last line is good advice but easier said than done, and if I didn't have a kid that's probably exactly what I'd convince myself was the best course of action.  

22 minutes ago, Emerald said:

@ChimpBrain I would stick around. There's a lot of uncomfortable truths to be learned from existing in a Blue area, especially in today's political climate. I'm originally from Citrus County, Florida, where almost everyone is deeply Blue. This is especially true because I lived in the poorer area, with everyone living in trailers. I have had straight-up middle-aged meth-heads with their teeth falling out of their face moralizing to me about how I should be more lady-like and stop worshiping the devil with my clothing style.

It was very unnerving for me as a teenager, because I was always very iconoclastic and was always exasperated by the racism, homophobia, small mindedness, and religious fanaticism. I tended to get hit a lot with the latter two from ignorant adults, mostly. But most people in Blue are nice, and some of them are intelligent. So, you'll be able to see better how they came to think the way that they do with more nuance and without demonizing them. 

There are a lot of valuable things I could learn by living elsewhere too though, especially considering I've lived in a blue dominant area my entire 36yrs on this planet.

" racism, homophobia, small mindedness, and religious fanaticism." -- this is exactly what I'd like to keep my daughter from having to grow up around. It's starting already with the constant Jesus talk from her friends and cousins and she's only 6.

You're right that most people here are "nice". People in Colorado are nice too though. Even nicer on the whole IMO. Also I think I see how they came to think the way they do already though because I was basically one of them until I was about 30.  I wasn't different like you growing up, I was just a part of the herd.

Thank you for chiming in Emerald, you always give such good advice on here!

*This post sounds as if I'm just arguing for what I want to hear but that's not the case. I don't actually want to move.  Moving to a place where you don't know anyone is scary and it will pretty much devastate my savings.  I'm just trying to see it more objectively I guess by using you guy's eyes too.

@ChimpBrain

2 minutes ago, ChimpBrain said:

I understand the progression of the stages but I'm not aware of any yellow dominant areas in the US. 

Maybe an option is to locate to the most multicultural city you can find? Ideally you want a rich mixture of memes. Yellow is going to emerge much more in the next 10 years, by that time your kid /kids would have had enough exposure to a multitude systems. 

It's not until they leave higher education that yellow really kicks in

@ChimpBrain If you feel that it's the right move, then you should go for it. That said, if you move to a more Green area, you will likely notice a false depth. It will likely become exasperating once the charm wears off. Be careful not to let that deter your progress.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

@ChimpBrain You complaining about Texas? Lol

I lived in Texas for 5 years. Texas is a pretty diverse place. Sure, you got some cowboys, but the big cities like Dallas are not Blue. Very livable.

And Austin is like San Francisco Green, with a yoga studio on every corner.

Move to Austin and enjoy all the hippies you can stomach.

I might move to Austin next year myself. Great town.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

What about Denver, Colorado? I always loved Colorado, nature, moutains, skiing, lakes, fishing.

It orange/green, right?

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

1 hour ago, White said:

@ChimpBrain

Maybe an option is to locate to the most multicultural city you can find? Ideally you want a rich mixture of memes. Yellow is going to emerge much more in the next 10 years, by that time your kid /kids would have had enough exposure to a multitude systems. 

It's not until they leave higher education that yellow really kicks in

Yeah that would be ideal. I just have no desire to live in a huge city. I could possibly move to a small town outside of a city like that though.

1 hour ago, Emerald said:

@ChimpBrain If you feel that it's the right move, then you should go for it. That said, if you move to a more Green area, you will likely notice a false depth. It will likely become exasperating once the charm wears off. Be careful not to let that deter your progress.

Yeah if I moved to a stereotypical progressive area like Seattle or San Francisco or something I'm sure you're right, I'd get annoyed with it all in a hurry.

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@ChimpBrain You complaining about Texas? Lol

I lived in Texas for 5 years. Texas is a pretty diverse place. Sure, you got some cowboys, but the big cities like Dallas are not Blue. Very livable.

And Austin is like San Francisco Green, with a yoga studio on every corner.

Move to Austin and enjoy all the hippies you can stomach.

I might move to Austin next year myself. Great town.

I remember you saying you lived in Ft Worth for a while. I'm about an hour north of there on the OK border.  I moved here from a much smaller town in OK which is where my whole family is from.  This town is better than where I grew up, no doubt about that, but it's still not ideal.  Austin is actually second after CO on my list of possibilities.  It would be much easier from an employment and cost of living standpoint, it just doesn't have the mountains. 

6 minutes ago, Mirror of Confusion said:

Lol my city is fuckin' beige!

Where you at?  The town I grew up in is pretty bad too.  Population 300 in the middle of nowhere Oklahoma.

4 minutes ago, MarkusSweden said:

What about Denver, Colorado? I always loved Colorado, nature, moutains, skiing, lakes, fishing.

It orange/green, right?

Yeah that's the second draw for me aside from the people there. All the outdoor activities. And yeah I was eyeing suburbs of Denver and/or Colorado Springs areas.  I spent a summer in Colorado springs once and loved it.  We camped for a week up there during May and it reminded me how great it is.  I've never spent a winter there though so 6 months of snow might change my mind about how awesome it is, I don't know.

@ChimpBrain Actually it's not that bad. I'm living in a city in East Germany where the majority of the people is blue to orange. Sometimes you can see Neonazis here, but not too often.

Edited by Mirror of Confusion

What's the difference between a duck?

1 minute ago, Mirror of Confusion said:

@ChimpBrain Actually it's not that bad. I'm living in a city in East Germany where the majority of the people is blue to orange. Sometimes you can see Neonazis here, but not to often.

I got to visit Germany last summer for the first time. It was my first time to Europe at all actually. We stayed in Goch and then Baiersbronn before also visiting Switzerland, Italy, and Amsterdam.  What I saw of Germany seemed pretty cool, although expensive. Hiking in the Black Forest was nice.

@ChimpBrain Seattle area and Oregon are very liberal places, and beautiful scenery with mountains.

Washington state has zero state income tax, which is a great bonus.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@ChimpBrain Seattle area and Oregon are very liberal places, and beautiful scenery with mountains.

Washington state has zero state income tax, which is a great bonus.

What is the best place to live in USA in your opinion?

Austin is a pretty green city, there's a lot of hippies down there. Go to downtown during the night and just see for yourself how diverse and free the whole atmosphere is down there. The first time I went 2 months ago I was just shocked at how good the place felt to me. I live in East Texas, which is heavily blue and I been living here for almost 10 years. I will definitely be moving down to Austin or somewhere in Oregon or Vermont as soon as I can. If you want to move from your blue place then move to Austin, it will be probably cheaper and better than moving to Colorado. As far as I am concerned, Colorado is not a green as you think!

"Environment is stronger than willpower" -- Yogananda.

Edited by Naviy

4 hours ago, Ether said:

What is the best place to live in USA in your opinion?

That will depend on many factors, including your Spiral Dynamics level and what kind of lifestyle you want.

My fave places are: Washington state, Nevada, Austin, Dallas, Oregon, California, Hawaii, Florida.

I haven't explored the East coast much.

@Leo Gura did you notice how blue his question was to you? :) he asked what the best place to live is. He's looking for an absolute and you're the higher authority that's going to answer :)