Ananta

Enlightenment Sickness

163 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Ether said:

How is living life awakened? Tell me about emotions.

As i said in my post enlightenment thread:

Emotions come and go but there is no one to be identified with them

There is no psychological suffering

Honestly I do have thoughts and emotions but I am so disindentified with them that I rarely notice them. I dont have any ups and downs. Even if I cry, I am not really crying. The disindentification comes with lifelong contentment.

Even if I do have emotions, as they rarely come, the default state stays as contentment. 

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

@Saumaya So, you dont have emotions that create suffering but you do have feelings of pleasure which come and go?

Edited by Ether
a

1 minute ago, Ether said:

@Saumaya So, you dont have emotions that create suffering but you do have feelings of pleasure which come and go?

What exactly do you mean by pleasure? Like when you fap you feel pleasure?

There's Only One Truth!

5 hours ago, Etagnwo said:

Joseph, enlightenment is a very specific condition (for want of a better word). Many people believe they know what enligthenment is, but very few actually understand it completely. Most people in this day and age take a myriad of teaching from many different teachings and become confused  then make up their own version of what they assume enlightenment is. In Anna's teachers tradition they have pretty much the complete picture of what liberation means because the teaching method has been developed over thousands of years and tested. It comes from the oldest non dual teaching we know about called the upanishads - many people have tried to corrupt those teachings over the years, people like swami vivekenanada and a plethora of new age spirituality neo advaita teachers who have accidentally stumbled upon certain realizations and then gone on to create their own teaching based on their own opinion. This just creates confusion and whoever buys into these stories tend to find themselves stuck later on in life chasing states like nirivkalpa Samadhi and thinking that is what it means to be liberated. 

I have myself looked into a lot of the teachers from the lineage that Anna belongs to and I can see none of them who are "lost in conceptualisation" - in fact they are all very low key and very humble, happy and trustworthy practitioners.  

They don't charge large sums of money for teachings either, they rely on donations and support from their peers who want to learn. It's a very nice environment to be in satsang with these guys, there is no pretence of teacher and student, just a mutual respect and impersonal and fun atmosphere. 

You should try it out sometime. 

Don’t you see that this is just a story you’re clinging to?  A very hard cling too.  Enlightenment is on the other side of this kind of ideological clinging.  I used to be very ideological too when I was first starting out with Enlightenment work.  When you become very open and embody Existential Truth, you’ll find out more and more with time — that realization don’t got squat to do with concepts or paradigms — quite the opposite in fact.  Ironically, it’s when you let the white-knuckled grip on ideology go that you really hit realization — after a certain level of course.  Obviously you need some ideology to use as scaffolding as training-wheels to get you started.  Open up — that’s where Enlightenment is.  Ideology is meant to be training-wheels; scaffolding in Enlightenment, not some kind of science that is lawfully obeyed and clung to like a religion.  That’ll take you 500 miles in the opposite direction from Enlightenment.  Enlightenment is all about transcending paradigms as conceptual truth.  Once you do that, you can embody BE-ing without the distorting lens of belief.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Ether

To me pleasure is when thought has come in and seeks security in a memory of a pleasurable experience. 

If we indulge in that pleasure which has have been influenced by thought (remeberane of an experience) them arises an action according to that very wanting. (Like Addiction) 

Let me know if you see this in your experience...

The general process....

There is perception, contact, sensation, then thought comes in, identification identification of the i, then desire. Then that desire (i) pursues through thought the remeberance (memory) of a past experience and seeks to relive that experience. 

The movement of pleasure 

12 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

As long as you KNOW it's just a story, it's fine. We need a story in the dream so we can make sense of the chaos. 

That's why you have your own story, which your attempting to make me adapt to. That's the game of duality. We can't escape it. :P:x

I’m not trying to control your story.  Just speaking from my own experience with Enlightenment in my own life.  I know what I have attained — and I know how open I had to become to get where I am.  It ain’t about ideology or clinging to the past.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

4 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

We can't escape it

As escaping is a movement of duality. 

3 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

It ain’t about ideology or clinging to the past.

As this is also a movement of duality 

The question is can we identify when duality is in movement?? 

This seems very difficult to a mind that demands that very movement. 

Do we see that duality is in movement when we depend on the utilization of knowledge, experience, through memory? 

Do we see that when we approach a psychological problem with registry (thought) and attempt to solve that dynamic problem of self with the static content of thought there will be an automotic movement of duality/division?

Edited by Faceless

Could there be a totally different approach that does not imply duality?

4 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Do we see that duality is in movement when we depend on the utilization of knowledge, experience, through memory? 

Do we see that when we approach a psychological problem with registry (thought) and attempt to solve that dynamic problem of self with the static content of thought there will be an automotic movement of duality/division?

Can you lay out very clearly what you think the problem of duality is so we can discuss that?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Who is utilizing memory, knowledge, experience (the known) to go beyond to the unknown? 

Is the knower/known (the movement of time) attempting to capture the unknown with all the static content of the past? (Past being what is known/the knower)

Edited by Faceless

@Joseph Maynor @Faceless What do you guys think about what is said in the first 4 mins.of this video? Agree or disagree? Somewhere in between perhaps?

3 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@Joseph Maynor @Faceless What do you guys think about what is said in the first 4 mins.of this video? Agree or disagree? Somewhere in between perhaps?

I’ll watch the whole thing and then comment.

56 minutes ago, Ether said:

@Saumaya Pleasure - Fap, joy, happiness, etc, etc, inner peace.

I do experience bodily pleasure. Peace is not an issue, contentment is better. Unconditional happiness is contentment only.

There's Only One Truth!

12 minutes ago, Faceless said:

@Joseph Maynor

can you see it? 

Break this down like your talking to a fourth grader.  Spell it out for me in simpler language.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@cetus56

Sure. 

When I speak of duality I am implying any movement to become psychologically secure as a sepreate independent entity. 

Any seeking as an escape from what is. 

Do you see what I mean? 

2 minutes ago, Faceless said:

@cetus56

Sure. 

When I speak of duality I am implying any movement to become psychologically secure as a sepreate independent entity. 

Any seeking as an escape from what is. 

Do you see what I mean? 

@Faceless

Whaddya think of this definition of Ego?

Ego is the false sense of identification, control, doing, or conceptually knowing between unchanging Awareness and the  changing dream?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Or the utinlization of any movement of time/thought/the thinker, to end that movement of time to cross over to that which is timeless. 

Time being memory, knowledge, and experience which is the thinker. 

Edited by Faceless