Onecirrus

How do I stop desiring a relationship?

10 posts in this topic

It's futile to find fulfillment through others, so how do I stop desiring them?

I dunno. I think both sexes have way too high expectations of each other. I think most of us are stuck way too much in our comfort zone and fantasy land and don't want risk anything anymore.

"Transcending"  this want and stop desiring it is not a healthy way to live imo since it simply does not work, probably until you have that constant cosmic orgasm or so.

So just talk randomly to men or women whenever there is an opportunity. There are so many singles out there. Record numbers.

And if you want inspiration. I've heard once that Leo talked to over hundreds of women until he landed somewhere.

Nothing to lose.

Edited by Timotheus

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all of the barriers within yourself that you have built against it 

- A Course in Miracles

I know chocolate cake won't fulfil me and yet I still desire it. Perhaps desire isn't really the problem. It's empowering to care for oneself in such a way that desire doesn't compromise one's greater well-being. 

@Onecirrus

Recognizing someone won't fulfill you is not the same as not desiring them.

9 hours ago, Onecirrus said:

It's futile to find fulfillment through others, so how do I stop desiring them?

Desiring stops slowly slowly and through much pain, but the sooner it comes, the better.

On 6/13/2018 at 3:51 AM, aurum said:

@Onecirrus

Recognizing someone won't fulfill you is not the same as not desiring them.

That. so true. 

got to that conclusion myself some time ago and that whole "denying desires" thing untangled.

A very case specific question. Your situation might hold you back. If not, then go deeper and see how you won't be completely fulfilled by it and that you can be more fulfilled through other means. Deal with what is important to you now

why would you want to do that
maybe you should stop the desire for taking sh*t becouse it's futile fulfillment through your asshole xD