George Paul

A rant against intelligence as Leo sees it

131 posts in this topic

First of all I want to say that this Leo's last video about intelligence goes a little against Leo's teachings so far.

I am a big fan of Leo's way of thinking, though I don't always agree 100% with few and small pieces of truth or the way he interprets them.

But in this case, when it comes to intelligence, I strongly believe that Leo did an important step backwards.

This video has many points in it that can be debated individually, but as an overall picture, the reason why I consider it wrong is the following:

---- If all that it is, is a consciousness that creates the reality as we see it, this consciousness can't be attributed with any quality or property ----

Not even the attribute of infinity, which is the same with nothingness as we already know. But, to express somehow that the source of reality is omnipotent, we define it as infinite (which is not a human understandable concept). And that's all.

Now, saying that this consciousness is intelligent is as nonsensical as saying that it is good, or white, or polite etc.

Intelligent as opposed to what ? Because being infinite, the consciousness is also bad, black, unpolite and non-intelligent accordingly.

Then, if you think that the creator did a lot of intelligent work in arranging molecules and atoms in cells from Leo's hand hair, it is again a nonsense. And here is why : the creator didn't have a previous a set of rules to figure out how they work and to think how to arrange things in the best way to form a cell. No, the creator IS the rules. He only created the cell without any need to "think" because whatever he did it was perfect. How could be otherwise ? Compared to what else ?

I know that this seems counter-intuitive, as the cells look so perfect and they build a bigger being which is again perfect and all these fit in a perfect tuned universe which works like a clockwork perfectly. That seems to be a scenario of  some very  intelligent creator. Well, no. It is an illusion of our species who tries to live a better life figuring out things and arranging them in an "intelligent" way. we need to do this because we work with creator's creation, not ours. 

One of the answer of the above dilemma is the following: the reality is infinite, so this universe is just a tinny part of the reality. Countless of non livable universes might exist, and who knows, maybe they are perfect for other form of life.

Another solution is to take the reality as it is. I mean, in this reality, we are the beings that could have been ever evolved. Period. It is not like viceversa: to create our species, the reality needs to function like this and that, yati yati,,.. Nope.

We live the illusion that the creator is intelligent because we look at our universe and wonder how perfect it is. Compared to what ? If we were a form of life made from silicon , or rubber, or steel, we also have said that we lived in a perfect world, because we never can imagine an imperfect world. Or if we can, it already exists.

Intelligence as an absolute concept does not exist. Not even applied to earthly things or beings, because there is no any absolute measure for it.

Edited by George Paul

@George Paul It doesn't make sense because your mind cannot make sense of Infinity.

Your idea of Infinity is not Infinity, it is finity. See?

The map is not the territory.

Anything you think about Infinity is automatically wrong. Any logic you apply to Infinity will crumble and not make sense.

Infinity cannot be held in the mind. But it is definitely Infinitely Intelligent.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Infinity cannot be held in the mind. But it is definitely Infinitely Intelligent.

I understand and agree totally. I can not grasp the infinite.

That is way I stay away for qualifying it with any properties. Especially intelligence which is double tricky than any others.

It is tricky because we use this concept  wrongly even in our daily life.

Edited by George Paul

18 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Anything you think about Infinity is automatically wrong. Any logic you apply to Infinity will crumble and not make sense.

Including declaring this infinite as intelligent ?

Or if anything thinking about infinity is wrong, why you keep doing all these videos ? Are they all wrong ? They are, of course, you said that long time ago, but still, they give us a hint. Well, the hint with the intelligence is wrong.

You can do much better than that. I saw you debunking much harder pieces of false beliefs people tend to have than this one.

Edited by George Paul

Intelligence has it roots in materialism.

Leo considers that the creator is intelligent because he created a world that "works", aka  atoms bind together, planets attracts each other, and so on. This is thinking.

We gotta get out of this box.

It is exactly what i propose @Nahm. Stop thinking the universe is "working". It is not. It just exists.

Edited by George Paul

I don’t mean to be so confrontational, but you have no idea. You are solidly in the very materialism paradigm which you refer to. Projecting on Leo is not helping you. His honesty is not yet comprehensible for you. 

Ego backlash (aka path forward) coming in, 5,4,3,2,

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

6 minutes ago, Nahm said:

I don’t mean to be so confrontation, but you have no idea. You are solidly in the very materialism paradigm which you refer to. Projecting on Leo is not helping you. His honesty is not yet comprehensible for you. 

Ego backlash (aka path forward) coming in, 5,4,3,2,

So, for every piece of honest debatable issue in the last video i saw, all that I was answered with was: "you dont know what infinity is", "you have no idea", and now I am supposed to backlash.

Ok, just let me know when you are ready to discuss about this serious and sensible subject , without holding that only you are the recipient of the truth, and with an open mind, and not at least, reading and trying to grasp what I write.

Edited by George Paul

So , what you think about the creator being intelligent ? 

Could it be ? And why ?

@Outer Then stop projecting a “teachers” concept. It’s all you. Stop looking at fingers. Or carry on as you are I couldn’t care less Outer. All is well.

@Outer The projection is just deeper than you realize, and right “below” that depth, is the realization Leo is YOU! 

You have to project “other” to see a teacher.

If you see the Buddha in the road, kill him.

STOP LOOKING AT THE FINGERS!

❤️

If it feels good in your heart, that's truth. It dosen't matter which monkey tells you!

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

Can you please find another place to discuss guys ? I need to debunk intelligence here somehow, and you are staying in the way. I mean your egos are stronger than mine, I can't face them.

I have a question though about Leo, guys . Does it matter if he is or not enlightened ?

I believe that what matters for me here and now, is to understand a little piece of philosophical / logical / scientific problem: the definition of intelligence.

Using thinking of course, not direct experience.

As bad as Leo might be in your eyes, so far I have heard far more interesting things from his mouth than from your keyboard.

@George Paul it doesnt matter guy ! Its all one , the teacher and the teachings ! 

This infinity stuff is too much  ,  Leo is doing his best  ! 

@Outer Thinking has led human race to the point it admitted that matter has not an objective existence.

Also thinking make us believe there might be a creator.

Now I try through thinking to figure out if there is a need to qualify the creator as intelligent

Edited by George Paul