MarkusSweden

Leos latest episode on consciousness - A question

91 posts in this topic

Don’t get me wrong. It’s a great art to listen without bias/prejudice  

But to depend on an authority psychologically, prevents self learning and wisdom. 

7 minutes ago, Saumaya said:

Mugging up bunch of spiritual concepts is not Self Knowledge

"Mugging up"....bahahahahaha

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

4 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

Obviously the teaching has to be understood and contemplated.

Thats what Faceless said. I dont think you should disagree with faceless just for the sake of disagreeing.

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

@Faceless I'm convince you'd prefer peeps to go off in a cave with no teaching what-so-ever. That's not gonna work in this day and age.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

4 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

@Faceless I'm convince you'd prefer peeps to go off in a cave with no teaching what-so-ever. That's not gonna work in this day and age.

Absolutely not. Only an ego does so.

To learn about oneself doesn’t imply that at all. Just got to see the futility in depending on another psychologically. 

Edited by Faceless

6 minutes ago, Saumaya said:

Thats what Faceless said. I dont think you should disagree with faceless just for the sake of disagreeing.

What is your malfunction? Lol. I only responded when he said you couldn't teaching Self-knowledge. Now your butting in with your 2 cents, as if I attacked him.

Edited by Anna1

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

2 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

Faceless is obviously referring to a set of teachings. 

He's got all the buzz words down. He obviously learned this somewhere. 

Never read a book in my entire life. Thank heavens ?

@MarkusSweden I think of it like this. If we say conciseness is nothing but not the nothing that we know it as, then existence is the same. When we say that consciousness exists, It isn't the same existence that we know it. Nothing and Existence counter each other because we "think" it does, but we don't know actually what existence is, because knowing requires the ego/thought for it to label and identify. To know something to is understand/label it, rather than to be consciousness of it.

So existence being a quality is actually something you don't know, but assume. It's again that materialistic paradigm that Leo talks about. You assume that existence must be a quality in order to allow other qualities. 

Edited by B_Naz

You're not human, you're the universe

2 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

What is your malfunction

This is sad to hear something like this from you

3 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

Now your butting in as if I attacked him.

You dont own this forum. I can say whatever I want in any discussion.

My point is to consider whatever Faceless has to say before randomly disagreeing with him. You said the same thing as he did but you still disagreed with him.

There's Only One Truth!

3 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

Nahm is learning a lot from faceless. 

He says he would stop a child rape but can't quite put his finger on WHY. Obviously he doesn't think it's wrong. So why he would stop a child rape is anyone's guess.

Confused?

@Nahm didn’t learn anything from me. On the contrary, it’s simply a case of us both learning through relationship. Two students sharing (communing) learning together. 

Not authority based one bit. 

Edited by Faceless

There is only self learning when the shackles of authority ends.

To depend on authority implies the movement of duality/time. 

Edited by Faceless

@Saumaya

That wasn't my first post to him in this thread. Go back and look. The one you say we're are saying the same thing I used the word "obviously", to infer "agreement". 

You good now? 

Also, people can alter posts using the edit button, so that's possible too.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

2 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

This is absurd 

Maybe 

But it’s a fact??‍♂️

@Nahm had suggested I explore some vids as to get some different perspectives a few months ago. I tried that for a short time. But it’s not for me. 

I learn more on my own. Or through relationship (self reflection in relationship to another) 

I’m use to it. To observe my actions in relationship to another is the greatest teaching.

I am always learning. Learning for me never ends. 

Edited by Faceless

13 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

That wasn't my first post to him in this thread. Go back and look. The one you say we're are saying the same thing I used the word "obviously", to infer "agreement".

Thats what I am saying.

Faceless says 

Self knowledge/wisdom cannot be taught. 

This is something that must be explored in oneself, without any form of personal or collective authority. If one is pointing to that as a necessity that is a great sharing indeed. 

Anna disagrees

Self-knowledge is exactly what Advaita Vedanta teachers teach. You don't know what youre talking about and I say that as respectfully as possible.

Anna agrees and says the same thing

Obviously the teaching has to be understood and contemplated.

There's Only One Truth!

16 minutes ago, Faceless said:

@Nahm had suggested I explore some vids as to gets some different perspectives a few months ago. I tried that for a short time. But it’s not for me. 

I learn more on my own. Or through relationship (self reflection in relationship to another) 

I’m use to it. 

This is the path of faceless, the faceless-path, which is a no-path in a way, because it's so simple, it's so direct and so effective! 

* Spend time on you own, in solitude. Get to know yourself, and see that knowing yourself is equal to knowing God.

* Interact with nature, animals and humans. Just interact with ordinary people, discuss life in an innocent and joyful creative way, and be equal with anyone, don't seek out for authority in others or in yourself

This is all you need to walk the faceless path. Simpler then simple!

Namaste.

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

@Saumaya The point was there IS a teaching and it's called Vedanta. It teaches Self-knowledge. If you apply, contemplate, understand the teaching you will Self-realize, that will lead to assimilation of Self (awareness), as you.

Faceless was saying it couldn't be taught. I'm saying it can. That doesn't mean you will realize and assimilate, because that depends on your application, contemplation, etc.

Just like you can be taught Algebra, but that doesn't mean you will be able to apply it.

If you don't know anything about Vedanta, then perhaps you shouldn't comment further.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

3 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

However I've been observing what you say, and it's nonsense and dangerous. 

I second that!

As far as Nahm and stopping the rape, but he doesn't know why. O.o ugh. I would stop it because it's adharmic behaviour that causes needless suffering to another human being, even if the apparent reality is ultimately unreal. It still exists "now", in the present moment.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

6 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

Faceless was saying it couldn't be taught. I'm saying it can. That doesn't mean you will realize and assimilate, because that depends on your application, contemplation, etc.

If I understand Faceless correctly, he meant

Teaching has to be contemplated otherwise it cannot be realised. A teacher can teach a teaching, but self knowledge is only gained when the teaching is realised. He doesnt say there should be no teaching, he says there should be no psychological authority.

11 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

If you don't know anything about Vedanta, then perhaps you shouldn't comment further

Any teaching is still a teaching. Vedanta is not a special snowflake.

There's Only One Truth!

23 minutes ago, MarkusSweden said:

This is the path of faceless, the faceless-path, which is a no-path in a way, because it's so simple, it's so direct and so effective! 

* Spend time on you own, in solitude. Get to know yourself, and see that knowing yourself is equal to knowing God.

* Interact with nature, animals and humans. Just interact with ordinary people, discuss life in an innocent and joyful creative way, and be equal with anyone, don't seek out for authority in others or in yourself

This is all you need to walk the faceless path. Simpler then simple!

Namaste.

Simple simple simple??