MarkusSweden

Leos latest episode on consciousness - A question

91 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

There are knowlegable idiots and there are unknowledgable idiots.

Knowledgeable idiots know the theory, and unknowledgable idiots don't know the theory, but still assume they know it anyway without having taken any time to understand.

Eh @Saumaya @Faceless?

:D

I feel like knowledgable people in the spiritual sense are more problematic than unknowledgeable people as now they will have more things to unlearn.

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

5 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

In your mind you believe that knowledgeable people need to unlearn the techniques that they are supposed to be implementing?

What the fuck are you talking about? 

Relax dude lol

No, unlearning beliefs not techniques

The most useful piece of learning for the uses of life is to unlearn what is untrue. Antisthenes

Edited by Saumaya

There's Only One Truth!

4 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

How do you know that the techniques and beliefs learned in spiritual systems don't perform the function of undoing beliefs?

I have never commented on something like this. I dont know if you are making stuff up or not because every time I write something, you misinterpret it.

I dont why are you endlessly defending spiritual systems. Enlightenment doesnt require diving deep into every school, just take what works. I hope you know that.

There's Only One Truth!

2 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

Ironic. Because I never said such a thing. Nowhere in this thread did I say that enlightenment requires diving deep into every school.

That's your assumption.

Why are you making assumptions if the very "practice" you are suggesting we do is to question our assumptions?

This doesn't make sense. You're be in hypocritical again, aren't you? 

When the fuck did I say you said that?

Tha hell man

There's Only One Truth!

To accumulate and cling to knowledge only perpetuates the movement of duality and prevents one from being whole/complete. 

To understand how the psychological structure of the self influences the thought process. To understand how the self clings to knowledge and experience and becomes a slave to memory. 

Wisdom  is not the result of knowledge. Wisdom is the product of the understanding of the whole of knowledge, experience, and its movement in time/thought. 

To understand the unitary movement of thought/self.

Through time/thought, there can never be an ending of time. And if time does not end then the non-dual is not.

8 hours ago, Etagnwo said:

How do you know that the techniques and beliefs learned in spiritual systems don't perform the function of undoing beliefs?

If you undertood how thought worked you would have an answer to that question. Techniques, beliefs, spiritual systems, are all a movement of time/volition and imply duality. This is what I mean by to apply positve action. To move dualistically to end duality is the same as time trying to end time. Futile indeed. This is somthing that must be explored If one is interested in ending duality/self and to live in action a non-dual existence.

8 hours ago, Etagnwo said:

You don't know. Because you're ignorant of what these techniques are. Because you clearly haven't studied them - have you? Lol

Technique implies a divisive entity who practices. Therefore mechanical. Any mechanical activity only nourishes the movement of self/time/duality. This is a fact. Explore yourself and you will see. 

This is the kind of stuff that one must consider soon or a later. 

There is nothing wrong with non-duality teaching nor techniques, spiritual systems, and so on. But there is something wrong with not investigating deep into the nature of how all of it works. 

I see it as an act of intelligence to understand how all the inner workings of the conditioned consciousness (time) works. To me seems like a fundamental necessity to understand the root of how time/duality opperates. And to then apply awareness to what we have learned. 

This must be a daily affair. Constant self understanding, learning, awareness, and self reflection in relationship. 

To me this seems intelligent. But ??‍♂️

Edited by Faceless

7 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

And Buddhism, dzogchen, advaita, etc. have only "knowledgeable idiots" who in your mind need to unlearn the very thing you're condemning them for not learning.

When did I say that? You are the one who is assuming stuff

OMG dude 

There's Only One Truth!

1 minute ago, Etagnwo said:

Selective memory? 

I think people have seen enough of the level of awareness you have developed. 

Thanks for the chat. Very illuminating 

I said I hope you know that, not you know that. This is laughable

There's Only One Truth!

6 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

Why are you making assumptions if the very "practice" you are suggesting we do is to question our assumptions?

To question assumptions is a form self understanding. There can be no understanding if we cling to assumptions. 

To question assumptions in an orderly way there must be a cessation of the movement of desire, pleasure, fear. This is not a proactice. If done correctly it is a form of attention. Not premeditated in a certain direction. 

10 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

Nowhere in this thread did I say that enlightenment requires diving deep into every school.

When did I say you said that?

It was my statement not yours

What is this conversation lol

There's Only One Truth!

2 hours ago, Etagnwo said:
4 hours ago, Faceless said:

I understand. 

Soon or later it may click for you. 

Im not doubting you??

Lol

Patronising, aren't you?

I am not against you. We are on the same team my friend. I am responsible for the stream of consciousness as a whole. 

I have not formed an image about you or anyone else for that matter. As much as you may disagree I think our relationship is very important. 

If we say we are AWARNESS, then we should express awareness in our daily affairs. 

Edited by Faceless

The ultimate consciousness is empty as Leo says, and it is even empty of being empty. So it's complete! 

This latest video is my favorite Actualized video ever. I have been enjoying the direction the youtube channel is taking (been following it for some months), and can't wait to see more videos on deep spirituality and consciousness.