Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lmfao

I'm having the urge to vomit during meditation. Any explanations?

11 posts in this topic

If you've ever meditated, you might feel that your emotions and mood are the result of you unconsciously processing sensations and feelings which have physical locations in your body. When I'm meditating and noticing the feelings which cause my low mood, I can feel the source of my emotions and feelings to be in my (stomach)/(mid torso). 

For the past two days, whenever I've been mindful of these sensations which control my negative mood, I've almost vomited. My body will involuntarily activate the my gag reflux and the muscles which contract during vomiting will contract but I won't actually vomit. I could feel food/liquid rising to the top of my throat. This was felt to be very specifically triggered by me directing my attention towards the feelings in my stomach. This only happens to me during meditation, my attempts to be mindful of my emotions outside of meditation do not induce the same effect. 

Has anyone had any similar experiences? What could be the cause of this? Is my body recoiling from having to face the "negative" feelings which I unconsciously carry? 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

35 minutes ago, lmfao said:

Is my body recoiling from having to face the "negative" feelings which I unconsciously carry? 

If you start to feel like vomiting, that vomit is not only physical, just one part is physical, a deeper part is the vomit of the ego. If you continue to feel disturbed, there will be a physical vomiting, but if you don’t bother about it, soon physical vomiting will disappear.

not exactly vomiting, not as intense as you're describing ito.O 

I sometimes feel nausea, particularly strong during some Kriya yoga sessions. it comes and goes. I try to tell myself that's a sign of things moving, Kriya is working and I'm finally purging some deep stuff. that helps a bit, I find.

I'm sorry dear @lmfao , I hope it will get better for you soon <3 

whatever arises, love that

Apparently, you have blockages in 3rd chakra. 

some ideas:

check your diet, is it bad? how much snacks/fast food do you eat? are you eating generally healthy?

do you feel a desire to cry with that? maybe some emotions are surfacing up.

do you have heartburn? acid reflux? if it persists, check with a doctor, might give you some meds for a bit and itll pass.

Bija Mantra - RAM

@Quanty Yes, I agree!

@lmfao Try a Bija mantra for the solar plexus - RAM

Bija mantras are one-syllable seed sounds that, when said aloud, activate the energy of the chakras in order to purify and balance the mind and body.

If you don't know how to do this, watch video (only listen to the Bija Mantra). Most powerfull and healing is when you speak the mantra for yourself out loud in meditation about 7 till 10 times then continue with your normal meditation routine.

I hope you feel well soon! ?

Hi,

If anyone's interested in opening this back up, I am experiencing this for the first time.  Anything come out of this for you guys?  I hope it's a "deep purge" as someone mentioned.  Like, I want to learn about it because it's "flaring" up my anxiety during my meditation.  I'm a little scared of it.  I'm working on it, but again, just thought it would be cool to hear other's stories.  Cheers.

The mind gets filled with rumors, and so claims negative feeling, my anxiety, my body...but the body mind belongs to love. Pound pavement, express, barf, cry, shoot every messenger, it doesn’t matter...just let go, and arise as the dance on the pyre. Be loved completely!

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

An old thread of mine got revived, how pleasant! The synchronicity is pretty funny because for the first time after taking vitamin supplements like I always do, I'm feeling a lot of pain in my stomach. 

@HollyV I can't remember how I dealt with the vomiting thing with meditation. For whatever reason it eventually went away for me.  The advice all here is good.

Approaching this from a few levels, physical and spiritual.

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

37 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Be loved completely!

Oh shit, I'm on the wrong block, singing the wrong note. Or maybe I'm not really, but just singing a song about being on the wrong block just for the fun of imagination. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost