Stef

Myers-Briggs Personality Type Indicator

293 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

I predicted what my mom and my brother got on their tests :D 

You got an honest mom and brother, but.. but.. you are also a wizard Richard xD 

The test is actually quite good despite all its flaws. If people are honest, think the answers trough than the results will be good.

Its actually measuring one thing and producing totally another, thats the weird part. As if you were making a potato pie only with peppers, both nightshades, but still different. Anyway, if in the end I got potato pie... did I ever use pepers. Maybe I shouldn't cook high.

On 31-3-2022 at 0:07 AM, Hello1 said:

I am all about MBTI . I am an INFP. However, don´t trust the test, you need to study cognitive functions (deep rabbithole) or get typed by some typologist 

MBTI knowledge actually changed my life,  brought so much value, I have studied it for 2,5 years and will probably for the rest of my life

It has brought me as much value as watching every single one of Leo´s videos. 

You write like an ENFP

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

4 hours ago, vizual said:

You write like an ENFP

How so? xD

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Surely someone must've said this already (I didn't read all 15 pages), but as someone who studies psychology quite heavily, be weary of taking MBTI too seriously like I see way too many people doing, especially on social media. It is very outdated and unreliable as a personality testing indicator.

Scientifically speaking it is little more than knowing your astrology sign, especially if you are quite balanced on either one of the 4 main indicators. You could be 49%/51% on Perceiving/Judging, for example, and being put in an entire different category depending on insignificant, arbitrary parameters.

Try the Big 5 test for a more accurate representation of your character, although it's not nearly as fun. Also, keep in mind that every self-administered test is subjected to huge personal bias and therefore inaccurate.

INTP-T btw :P

Edited by kylan11

@Leo Gura I had INTPs as the highest potential MBTI personality

Edited by Frosty97

I am God. I am Love. I am Infinity. I am Frosty97.

ISFP

Used to be ESFP

and people perceive me as INTJ

Strange I know

I am God. I am Love. I am Infinity. I am Frosty97.

2 minutes ago, Fearey said:

I would advice anyone that takes the 16personality, or any other MBTI online test for that matter, realize that there's going to be an extremely high chance of getting mistyped.

If you get a result that's something like 49% feeling and 50% thinking, it's because the test can't account for certain nuances in your answers. For example, if you pick an answer saying feelings are important, it detects you as a feeler. That's when you need to question the test, when the percentages get really close to each other. If it's a big disparity it's more safe to assume the test is accurate.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

1. Isn't there some rule about necroposting?

2. Shouldn't this thread be in the psychology section?

3. Ignore any test/person that types by T vs F, P vs J, etc.  That's not how MBTI works.

4. I'll guess your type if you want.

Edit:

On 10/11/2022 at 5:57 PM, kylan11 said:

Surely someone must've said this already (I didn't read all 15 pages), but as someone who studies psychology quite heavily, be weary of taking MBTI too seriously like I see way too many people doing, especially on social media. It is very outdated and unreliable as a personality testing indicator.

Scientifically speaking it is little more than knowing your astrology sign, especially if you are quite balanced on either one of the 4 main indicators. You could be 49%/51% on Perceiving/Judging, for example, and being put in an entire different category depending on insignificant, arbitrary parameters.

Try the Big 5 test for a more accurate representation of your character, although it's not nearly as fun. Also, keep in mind that every self-administered test is subjected to huge personal bias and therefore inaccurate.

Well this tells me you don't really know what MBTI is.  Come back when you understand the model.

You could be 49%/51% on Perceiving/Judging

Big5 has this problem, not MBTI.  Big5 says you're either agreeable or you're not, and acts as if they're mutually exclusive when in fact people can be extremely agreeable and disagreeable at the same time, and even 50/50 doesn't account for this possibility as that would be indifference and not both extremes at the same time.  In MBTI, you can't be equally Ni and Ne at the same time.  You can't at the same time prefer an expansionist and a reductionist mindset. 

@Carl-Richard if you needed any more evidence psychology in academia is a waste of time..

Edited by thisintegrated

I am: ENFJ/ENTJ/INFJ/INTJ/INTP/ENTP..lol seriously. Which type you are typically depends on "how you are processing information" (how you are being, etc.) and though I deeply understand each profile/archetype, I don't consistently fit into any single one. I typically roll with ENTJ/ENFJ because its most necessary for my Purpose

@Dauntment If you grant that everybody uses the same cognitive functions in various degrees, and that the variation is normally distributed in the population (like with all personality traits), you should expect most people to fit into many MBTI personality types. You could also expect a statistical best fit, but you shouldn't expect it to be seriously different from other types (e.g. 12% ENFJ > 11% INFJ > 9% INTJ > 9% ENTP > [...]).

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.