Ross

Socially awkward

9 posts in this topic

It seems that every time I try to form a relationship with a girl, I can’t really seem to talk to her. If I see a girl I know and she knows me, I get super anxious where I can even feel my heart pounding, I get all red and sweaty and my words don’t come out right. My anxiety paralyses me to the point where I can’t speak to girls at all or can’t break through the barrier, how can I ever overcome this and will I ever overcome it? I don’t want to be a loser who can’t talk to girls for rest of my life.

from student at college

@Ross

You can but it's going to take work. Start doing things like meditation, yoga and eating healthy. Get as much social experience as you can, even if it's terrifying.

If you assume that you will suck, the chances of you sucking go up dramatically. So instead start to get used to the idea that you're actually almost so good that you wish you were awkward at times.

You may have some memories and emotional trauma that enforces the negative belief you may have to process. Just slowly start getting more used to the idea of being able to talk to girls, especially if that's something you really want

@Ross  Try to picture them as humans, yes somewhat wierd humans, but still.

You will find that they got some nice and good things going for them. Like b**bs. Everybody likes b**bs.

When you get older and are done with puberty this fear will most likely vanish. Be patient.

I'll tell something, most girls get nervous also while talking to guys, they try not to show it though. Everyone, even the most pretty girl on planet, has their flaws dark side insecurities so do not think they are perfect or super confident. love yourself no one knows what they are really doing or saying.

12 hours ago, Jamie Universe said:

see them as a friend not a celebrity.

and the celebrities...see them as a friend :)