Ether

Why Doesnt God Exist?

169 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

No, there's a body. But the body is not separated from the universe, from the environment. The ego creates de idea that this body is "mine" and there's a body which is owned by other person. Now I have to defend myself from the other who can harm me, etc etc... the body is not the "self"... your Self transcends the body. You impose a limitation yourself by thinking "I am the body" "I am a person", etc...

The physical world is there, but the ideas and concepts about it are not true and are created by thought.

But im controlling my body, how come it isnt mine?

I can jump if I want. I can go to bed If i want.

If i control it, how come it isnt mine?

5 minutes ago, Faceless said:

@Ether

Thoughts are the response of memory, knowledge, and past experience. 

So is the ego/self.

ego “the i” with ‘its thoughts’ is born out of the stream of thought 

Edited by Faceless

3 minutes ago, Ether said:

But im controlling my body, how come it isnt mine?

I can jump if I want. I can go to bed If i want.

If i control it, how come it isnt mine?

Pay attention to that... you don't have any control. I am not typing this, it's a kind of "program" called ego that runs by itself. thoughts make everything.

How do you know you are jumping? When you want to jump a thought appears and say jump!... is you who jump or is the thought that is telling you to jump?

Are the thoughts created by you? If that is so, tell me if you can predict what you next thought will be.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

@abrakamowse Ok, I pay no attention to thoughts, so, I know this.

I might have a thought saying: "Jump". But because I dont pay attention to it, I dont ALWAYS jump. Sometimes, I decide to jump.

And it might be that our actions\words comes from thoughts, yes. So, the thought is saying to jump but we can decide to listen to it or not.

4 minutes ago, Ether said:

I might have a thought saying: "Jump". But because I dont pay attention to it, I dont ALWAYS jump. Sometimes, I decide to jump.

And it might be that our actions\words comes from thoughts, yes. So, the thought is saying to jump but we can decide to listen to it or not.

You have to pay attention?

otherwise thoughts go unnoticed. Thought likes innatention. 

Edited by Faceless

It’s the movement of concentration that maintains the illusion

You may not get any of this now. I would book mark it now and as you begin to get it you will be like oh yeah now I see?

Edited by Faceless

8 minutes ago, Faceless said:

You have to pay attention?

otherwise thoughts go unnoticed. Thought likes innatention. 

What I mean by paying no attention is that Im aware they exist but im just watching them pass by like clouds in the sky.

Im just being aware of them but not buying into their story. Im not going on to imaginary land and staying there for long periods of time.

Thats what i mean by paying no attention.

14 minutes ago, Ether said:

Who is the one who decides? Isn't that another thought? How is the process of deciding? Is there a "chooser"???

^_^

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

3 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

Who is the one who decides? Isn't that another thought?

^_^

Damn, you got me

But, arent we the ones thinkign and making that decision?

Edited by Ether
xxx

1 minute ago, Ether said:

What I mean by paying no attention is that Im aware they exist but im just watching them pass by like clouds in the sky.

That's very good!

If you are not your thoughts, you are awareness which observes the thoughts. But when awareness gets involved in the thoughts, when it attaches to the thoughts it believes that is a person, but... it is not a person!!!

:)

@abrakamowse

2 minutes ago, Ether said:

Damn, you got me

2 minutes ago, Ether said:

Damn, you got me

Ether! You did awesome progress!!! It took me years to accept that.

There's two points of view in reality. One is from the ego, the other is from awareness. 

When you talk from the ego point of view, that pov is false. The real pov is awareness. You are not in a body, the body is in you!!!!

:D

3 minutes ago, Ether said:

@abrakamowse

Well, that part maybe @Faceless can give us some help Lol...

I am still investigating that, because there's people that says that thoughts only appear in awareness. And that's all.... like the rain which falls from the sky. Thoughts are like rain.

I have to go, I will write again later!

^_^

15 minutes ago, Ether said:

Im just being aware of them but not buying into their story. Im not going on to imaginary land and staying there for long periods of time.

Thats what i mean by paying no attention.

I understand but that is a movement of psychological time ‘self’ 

so it will continue to operate according to its own self sustaining system which is it’s very function. So if you are not aware of time ‘volition’ determining every movement the their is no attention actually. Thought is so tricky that it will trick itself into thinking it is not thinking and moving independent of thought. 

Edited by Faceless

9 minutes ago, Ether said:

I dont ALWAYS jump. Sometimes, I decide to jump.

It just seems that way. It's already fact whether you actually jump or not. This relates back to @Faceless 's video on psychological time. In psychological time it appears that you are deciding whether to jump or not to jump. And that the action seems to happen a "future". Take time out of the picture. See? Now all your left with is information. A seething foam of Infinite potential. You are that foam floating on the illusion of time.

@cetus56 and @Faceless explain to @Ether about who is doing the decision... I don't have that so clear.

:-)

Thanks!

28 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

Ether! You did awesome progress!!! It took me years to accept that.

There's two points of view in reality. One is from the ego, the other is from awareness. 

When you talk from the ego point of view, that pov is false. The real pov is awareness. You are not in a body, the body is in you!!!!

:D

Yeah. From my experiencing/non experiencing, awareness free from self ‘psychological time’ has no point of view actually but sees holistically. Point of view is totally absent. Infact in this timelessness ‘the knower’ or I am not which imples I am all or the whole. It’s an ‘unrecognizable sense of non experiencing.’ 

Edited by Faceless

4 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

@cetus56 and @Faceless explain to @Ether about who is doing the decision... I don't have that so clear.

:-)

Thanks!

As far as which thoughts are decided upon? 

I feel it’s very important to start with the immediate barrier and not jump ahead in asking such a question. So I think for someone to jump to awarness which may be at that moment an ‘idea’ to them should be discarded totally temperaraly. Start with thought and as such will be revealed. Like pealing an onion. 

Edited by Faceless