Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Investing_in_myself

Role models or idols

13 posts in this topic

Hi everybody,

in one of the life purpose exercises we have to define our role-models or idols. I‘m struggling a little bit with this taskand need some input 

Who are your creative idols by which you were inspired?

My idols who inspired me the most were the old versions of Elliot Hulse and Leo. Actually Owen Cook (Tyler) is becoming great becasue he is not only centered in pickup but also personal development. 

Also Alan watts and Osho.

I have only one. For me the greatest man ever lived on the planet - Nikola Tesla.

My consolidated and updated every day EGO :)

<3

Edited by Quanty

Oh, great. Thanks everybody for the replies.

@Nahm Yes, Albert Einstein. But as we need 3 for the life purpose course, I was looking for some more.

My own Heart. 

I have no respect for people who follow others. 

1 hour ago, Quanty said:

My own Heart. 

I have no respect for people who follow others. 

HAHA! Do you?? Do you use your heart? HAHAHAH!! .. you don't know how to understand people.... your heart is not open... unconsciously you are judging others being people who follow others.. you don't have respect? That is a negative projection coming from, what? your heart? Hahahahahaha all of this is coming from your Head!.. 

Edited by John Iverson

@Investing_in_myself This is really good question, I got stuck on this part of the course as well. I agree with @Quanty however as well, I am the only one who can inspire myself personally is what I found, and as Leo said himself you this course is custom-tailored to you! If you don't have any idols or role models, then that is fine, you are probably like me, motivated only by visions you set yourself, not the ones role models set out for you etc...If I did have to choose any role models though I would say Bruce Dickinson and Andi Deris of the band 'Helloween', have a look at them if you want, they are really down to earth artists! Even though they are musicians and I am an illustrator they still give me some inspiration in terms of remembering being respectful, hard working and honest to oneself and others no matter how successful you get :) P.S: This role model part of the course also depends on what your LP is, you are more likely to find your 'idols' if you know what your LP is. For example, if you are a musician, then your idols will most likely be musicians, or if want to be a movie director, then your idols will most likely be a movie director as they are the same as you at the core, the same soul and creative intentions, you see what I mean?

I do hope this helps :)

Great question. The term "role model" resonates with me more than "idol." But then, "guide" resonates with me the most. From my experience, I could be inspired by what was taught by these guides for a while, but sooner or later, I would have to practice and embody what was taught and go on my own path. We discover our own path because each of us is unique. 

I knew something was missing from my life. I was wondering why some ppl do better than others in life in terms of wealth, so I researched and discovered Robert Kiyosaki. He opened the doors for me of what is wealth and passive income. I was looking into different entrepreneurs like Trump (He is/was Kiyosaki's friend. So, I saw them a lot together.), Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Warren Buffett, Guy Kawasaki, etc. I wasn't just looking at these big guys but also other celebrity entrepreneurs and not so well known entrepreneurs.

Spirituality opened up for me when I ran into Leo's clips, esp when he mentioned Ox's tail and I looked into Shinzen Young's clips and The Ten Ox Herding Pics. I've been looking into Buddhism my whole life, but the Ten Ox Herding Pics really struck me.

I'm currently in the process of embodying whatever I learned and will express it through my life purpose.