bslpiontds

Fear arising when looking at "self" reflection.

15 posts in this topic

Sometimes when my meditation session is done, I see my body reflection in a glass door in my room. It is evening, so it is kind of dark in my room, but I have a little lamp which makes the reflection able to occur.

I'm in this clear and calm state of mind after meditating, but an intense fear arises because the body reflection is kinda blurring and it looks like it's changing form when I'm looking at it. I kind of wanna fight this fear or stay with it mindfully, but it feels like I'm losing my sense of self, which is kinda scary. So I tend to resist it and look away.

Have anyone tried this? Or know if I should just try to stay with the fear? Cuz it feels like I'm going mad

Sounds like you're doing good. Mediation is going to dissolve your ego over time, mind is throwing existential fear at you in defense.

@nightrider1435 well, thank you sounds good, had that thought as well. It feels like existential fear, also I feel like I've been going into an ego-backlash. Lots of cravings for video games, food, sex is controlling "me". But the meditation I promised myself, that I will not quit.

It might not be "ok" for now. Associating or not especially associating with mirror image is normal. If you're curious you can try and see what's behind the fear, but of course you might not get an answer. If you stay on this path you will eventually figure out what this phenomenon is, but it might take some time and it'll probably pass before that

You have blockages in the 1st chakra/red.

<3

@Mikael89 The man in the mirror is not the real you, its a reflection of the real you!

Its not like its a man trapped in a mirror doing whathever you are doing, copying every movement.

If you break the mirror, where does the man go? You can still the reflection in a broken mirror but its not real you, its a reflection

On 12.04.2018 at 9:23 PM, bslpiontds said:

Have anyone tried this? Or know if I should just try to stay with the fear? Cuz it feels like I'm going mad

Are you going mad, or are you starting to notice our inherent madness?
You are right to fear your reflection. God only knows what you may see if you look closely enough...

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

39 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

I haven't had psychosis, for some reason I'm just afraid of getting it, or become insane.

But I have been locked in mental hospital like 4 times for having suicide plans. It just seems impossible to committ suicide, weird stuff (:

Well, you got to look into what is causing you suffering.

Turn the light off, 

or face the fear/yourself 

To much thought

Edited by Faceless

Should I meditate infront of a mirror? Why doesn't Leo and others mention this mirror thing? It feels like something which might be very helpful with killing the ego but I don't know.

I have meditated in front of the mirror during a mushroom trip, it was very intense

I say do it, it seems like you are ready

when I did it I met my 'body' consciousness,it went from fear to joy to a brotherly alliance

since then I never felt it was me in the mirror

and many times I'd even fear looking in the mirror, seeing my body look at me

now I'm more at peace, the fear is slowly dissolving, what I see in the mirror is not me, it is an alliance

and sometimes randomly I have a moment where I suddenly see my body looking at me through a reflection,

its surprising ,  but sorta fun to know you're never really alone

it takes careful attention to your consciousness to recognize what happens when you look into the mirror, you do it many times, even through random reflections in the city or town, in shops, in your tablet, phone, a puddle of water

Edited by Arkandeus

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!