Natasha

Enlightenment Jokes Here

3,516 posts in this topic

funny-picture-zen-dog-meme-catch-tail.jpg

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

joke-religion.jpg

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

When you get hit by a bus while chasing a $10 bill blowing in the wind, chances are your sense of self is lowering your awareness.

NOTHING.

The rabbi entered the temple early. Not a soul was about. He gravitated towards the ark, opening it to marvel at the beauty of the torahs inside. He heard the creak of a door behind him, and saw from the corner of his eye that the cantor was entering the temple. Immediately the rabbi fell to his knees before the ark and in a fervent voice cried out, "O Lord, I am nothing!" He repeated this prayer in mantra-like fashion as the cantor approached. 

The cantor, impressed with this show of piety, dropped to his knees beside the rabbi and joined with him in prayer. Together they chanted: "O Lord, I am nothing! O Lord, I am nothing!"

The door at the rear of the temple creaked once again. This time it was the janitor entering the temple, curious to find out the source of the singing he had heard while mopping the halls. He was so awe-struck by the scene that he threw down his mop and ran beside the rabbi and cantor to join them. He too knelt before the ark and added his voice to the simple prayer: "O Lord, I am nothing! O Lord, I am nothing!"

After a minute of this, the cantor leaned over and nudged the rabbi with his elbow. Pointing to the janitor, the cantor snickered with disdain in a low voice, "Hey, look who thinks he's nothing!"

Sarcaste <3 the Sarcasm in Me acknowledges and honors the Sarcasm in You 

psychology-cartoon-object-permanence.jpg

Sarcaste <3 the Sarcasm in Me acknowledges and honors the Sarcasm in You 

7 hours ago, Huz88 said:

lol

Presence in the midst of the 'noise'. Very beautiful reminder. Thank you for sharing :)

enlightenmentfries.jpg

"I gently pushed my hand into my pocket and pulled the last one out, it trembled at first and clung to my hand. "Go on, it will be ok," I whispered. Encouraged, it flexed its wings and I knew the time was right. It flew up towards the blue, blue sky and I looked proudly as it's made its way to freedom. The last of my fucks was finally given."

Perspective change

060412_1252_ChangeYourP2.jpg

On 7/1/2016 at 4:11 PM, cetus56 said:

@abrakamowse Where'd you find this gem?

Sorry @cetus56  I just saw your question, I just googled "zen jokes" or "enlightenment jokes"

I have one more I just found.
:P

meditate with others_zpsjrewamej.jpg

@cetus56  this is the creator

http://www.hellertoon.com/main.html

And the joke again at a better resolution
:P

B67M1a5IMAAbZoD.jpg

Edited by abrakamowse

Beer is the proof that universe loves us.

I don't know is second will be understandable in English, but I'll try:

Some gets enlightened after 40, but others only after 100 grams.

OK, said Jinn, third wish.

Why third, thought average Joe, but who cares ? "I wanna be enlightened !"

OK, said jinn, "Done".

Btw, that was your first wish too, but you don't remember that because your second wish was "I want to all be back just like it was before !"

Edited by Time Traveler

Remembered an old joke about affirmations.
The hedgehog is walking through the forest and chanting: "I am very strong, tough and mighty".
Then he collides with bear who kicks him sending him deep into bushes.
Hedgehog raises to his  feet and resumes chanting: "I am very strong, tough and mighty, but light".