Natasha

Enlightenment Jokes Here

3,516 posts in this topic

"AHHH...enlightenment at last, but I won't tell it till the next video or the next video...until all are ready to hear it."

images-17.jpeg.ced5a9e3ad6d3ca118bd049594c34023.jpeg

Wake.jpg

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

17 minutes ago, Lha Bho said:

Wake.jpg

He's not kidding either O.o9_9

Dilbert.jpg

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Working Very Hard

A martial arts student went to his teacher and said earnestly, “I am devoted to studying your martial system. How long will it take me to master it.”

The teacher’s reply was casual, “Ten years.” Impatiently, the student answered, “But I want to master it faster than that. I will work very hard. I will practice everyday, ten or more hours a day if I have to. How long will it take then?”

The teacher thought for a moment, “20 years.”

Ikkyu, the Zen master, was very clever even as a boy. His teacher had a precious teacup, a rare antique. Ikkyu happened to break this cup and was greatly perplexed. Hearing the footsteps of his teacher, he held the pieces of the cup behind him. When the master appeared, Ikkyu asked: “Why do people have to die?”

“This is natural,” explained the older man. “Everything has to die and has just so long to live.”

Ikkyu, producing the shattered cup, added: “It was time for your cup to die.”

A Cup of Tea

Nan-in, a Japanese master during the Meiji era (1868-1912), received a university professor who came to inquire about Zen.

Nan-in served tea. He poured his visitor’s cup full, and then kept on pouring.

The professor watched the overflow until he no longer could restrain himself. “It is overfull. No more will go in!”

“Like this cup,” Nan-in said, “you are full of your own opinions and speculations. How can I show you Zen unless you first empty your cup?”

@Leo Gura

(Just wanted to share this funny yellow & turquoise story.)

Joke of the day 

jes : hi everyone

everyone : hi

Jes: I dont have any more questions :D

everyone: really

Jes: yes yes ,thanks to this forum, i am enlightened :D:D:D 

Gosh !!! I am dying to write someday i am enlightened :D 

Happletea-webcomic-2011-11-01.jpg

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

egodeathdummies.jpg

"I gently pushed my hand into my pocket and pulled the last one out, it trembled at first and clung to my hand. "Go on, it will be ok," I whispered. Encouraged, it flexed its wings and I knew the time was right. It flew up towards the blue, blue sky and I looked proudly as it's made its way to freedom. The last of my fucks was finally given."

brokenlettucedog.jpg

"I gently pushed my hand into my pocket and pulled the last one out, it trembled at first and clung to my hand. "Go on, it will be ok," I whispered. Encouraged, it flexed its wings and I knew the time was right. It flew up towards the blue, blue sky and I looked proudly as it's made its way to freedom. The last of my fucks was finally given."

Monkscartoon.jpg

3 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

Monkscartoon.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA 

@Nature like, tiny strings vibrating. I think shinzen young says somewhere that at certain point in your practice you recognize that all your experience is composed of that