lhamilt18

Physical Death/Ego Death

49 posts in this topic

If we're taking what Leo says about awakening literally--that it is the same thing as physically dying... How is it possible that one can become enlightened while the physical body still lives on? I can understand if "physical Death" is meant metaphorically but Leo seems to suggest that it's not meant to be understood this way. Thoughts?

Edited by lhamilt18
Grammar error

I have not actually experienced this...but based on the closest I have come.... I would guess that it's like a paradox of sorts.... and involves shifting the way we think about "living".... because we are eternal...  I think when you can view "living" in this sense as irrelevant... but also appreciate the gift of this incarnation/ experience.... and fully embrace and accept whatever happens....to fully let go.... I've read stories of people who have done this, and the miraculous things that resulted... though I believe this is easier said than done... I think that it is not meant to be viewed in that way because it is not possible to wrap our current consciousness level around it .... just too much of a mind fuck really....

I literally died on my first awakening, the heartbeat stopped and re-routed itself on a grater manner. This happens when the energy of Kundalini reaches the heart, one let's go of what he knows and the heart will stop for a few moments. The feeling, hours and days before was a feeling of: i will die now, what should i do? Images and thoughts about death and how everything is preparing for your funeral. You literally feel the cold sweat, and everything in the body moves the attention into the heart. I remember hahaha, crawling out a window of the house to be outside and touch the grass and breathe. 

Namaste, Mfks!

@lhamilt18 The "physical body" is not yours. It is the universe's. It operates without you. You can die and the body will keep on living. In fact, that's already the case, you just haven't realized it yet.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

16 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@lhamilt18 The "physical body" is not yours. It is the universe's. It operates without you. You can die and the body will keep on living. In fact, that's already the case, you just haven't realized it yet.

Did you meen the body can die and you keep on living? 

3 hours ago, Berjohansen said:

Did you meen the body can die and you keep on living? 

Hehe...

No!

I meant YOU can die and your body will keep on living. That's enlightenment! Ta-da!

Just what did you think "no-self" meant?

It means there is no you inside that body. The feeling you have of you being inside that body is an illusion. And it must die.

There is only one problem with your entire worldview, and that is: you think life's happening to you. Remove the "you" and problem is solved. It's just that simple really. Everything stays the same, but you cease to exist.

@Leo Gura but what’s the point in the long run if after Leo physically dies the new mind will “arise” in the consciousness and it won’t remember Leo’s experience of Enlightenment... 

Egoless, that is a good point.  And more generally speaking, what is the point in seeking enlightenment, because the YOU that is seeking the enlightenment is the YOU that is going to die.  It's basically suicide, so why does it want that?  Or does it?  What does it think it will get out of it? 

28 minutes ago, Ashton Aiden said:

What does it think it will get out of it?

Only everything.

;) 

29 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Only everything.

;) 

what if everything is boring. No room for something else ;) 

1 hour ago, Ashton Aiden said:

...what is the point in seeking enlightenment, because the YOU that is seeking the enlightenment is the YOU that is going to die.  It's basically suicide, so why does it want that?  Or does it?  What does it think it will get out of it? 

It will die the "you" that is a lie, and you will discover your real and true self, that is infinity. 

"Whoever tries to keep their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life will preserve it." --- Luke 17:33

If you keep the illusion of the small self, you will lose everything. 

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

8 hours ago, egoless said:

what if everything is boring. No room for something else ;) 

How can "something else" not be everything?

See life as something bigger than yourself is a good tip if you really are interested in knowing.

On 31/03/2018 at 2:45 AM, Quanty said:

I literally died on my first awakening, the heartbeat stopped and re-routed itself on a grater manner. This happens when the energy of Kundalini reaches the heart, one let's go of what he knows and the heart will stop for a few moments. The feeling, hours and days before was a feeling of: i will die now, what should i do? Images and thoughts about death and how everything is preparing for your funeral. You literally feel the cold sweat, and everything in the body moves the attention into the heart. I remember hahaha, crawling out a window of the house to be outside and touch the grass and breathe. 

Namaste, Mfks!

I been praying to God recently to die... Not working bro help

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Hehe...

No!

I meant YOU can die and your body will keep on living. That's enlightenment! Ta-da!

Just what did you think "no-self" meant?

It means there is no you inside that body. The feeling you have of you being inside that body is an illusion. And it must die.

There is only one problem with your entire worldview, and that is: you think life's happening to you. Remove the "you" and problem is solved. It's just that simple really. Everything stays the same, but you cease to exist.

Ah, missunderstood that one. Thought you were talking about the real «you» not the ego you. Thanx

1 hour ago, Dodo said:

I been praying to God recently to die... Not working bro help

You are god so you have to listen aswell 

Give up nothing for everything. Good deal.  Give up everything for nothing. Good deal also. Can’t lose. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm Hahaha! That’s a real cool way of putting it!

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

guys stop saying you are gods... this is funny. You are god's being in the limited perspective. You will never become united with the holistic god until you are alive.