MM1988

Never been able to release anything with Sedona

14 posts in this topic

Im never having problems welcoming the emotion and feeling it fully.

But I dont feel like I have any control over wether I feel like this or not. So the second question "could you let it go" is usually a no for me. I can sit and observe the emotion, contemplate how it feels and where I feel it but I can not make it "go away". The third question "would you let it go" is usually a yes because I would let it go if I could but it never happens and I dont know how. I did it up to 5 times and just does not nothing for me. What am I doing wrong? 

The way I usually feel most of the time is slightly depressed and low. Im also often have negative emotions for beating myself up over mistakes I made in the past. I wonder if sedona method is even the right tool for this.

Sounds like you missing the key idea: you create all your emotions. So you can drop it any time. Your emotions are just a game you play for which you need to start taking responsibility.

You need to understand this before Sedona will work for you.

You can let go of any emotion within a second. Try imagining this for starters. Try imaging that you are a Greek philosopher, who just drops any emotion he/she wants through reason alone.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@MM1988 Who is it that chooses whether or not something is released?

Don’t be so hard on yourself. So much suffering is due to the false belief our ego has the power of choice.

It’s all just a story we tell ourselves. Observe yoursef replay the story over and over. It is one of an infinite number of stories you could be telling yourself.

3 hours ago, MM1988 said:

Im never having problems welcoming the emotion and feeling it fully.

I'd question this belief. If you were feeling your emotions fully, they'd pass right through you. You wouldn't be walking around depressed.

But I dont feel like I have any control over wether I feel like this or not.

Technically true, but not in the way you're using it. Your emotions are absolutely under your control, that's just a belief to keep you stuck in your patterns.

I can sit and observe the emotion, contemplate how it feels and where I feel it but I can not make it "go away".

That's not what letting go is about. Trying to make it go away is likely bringing up resistance, which is the exact opposite of what you want.

I'd try focusing more on fully feeling whatever you're feeling. Don't intellectualize, just becoming present to it.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Sounds like you missing the key idea: you create all your emotions. So you can drop it any time.

I often feel that they are being created not by me but by some internal process which is independent.

But the biggest issue I had with this model, and while I agree with it and with Peter Ralstons understanding of it, you can only release what you are feeling right now.

Then what about the damage and the trauma and the whole negative emotions felt in the past which are stuck in your body ? You can't just let go of them, you have to do specific technique to wake them up, feel them once more and them let go of them in the present ?

@Lynnel The present moment is all there ever is.

Don't buy into the idea that emotions are locked in the body too much. This is disempowering.

Rather, you want to become conscious that at every moment your emotions are arising as a self-manipulation. You emote to fulfill the needs of the ego, and you have the ability to cut the shit and realize: "Oh, I'm angry because my ego wants X. Oh... That's just a mental trick. Let me just be peaceful."

That won't always work, but the more conscious you become, the more you'll see how emotions are just a ruse your mind is playing on you. And you can stop that game any time just by becoming conscious of the fact that it is a game.

The problem is: most people are not aware (in the moment) that an emotion is just a game. They take the emotion seriously because they can't even imagine an alternative.

Next time you experience a very negative emotion, try to notice it is just a game. And see what happens.

For this to really start working, you have become aware of your self-agenda and be willing to face the fear of surrendering it. Most people are too selfish to do that.

The only reason emotions have any sway over you is because you want to survive. So the counter-intuitive move here is: surrender the need survive.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura   Thank you. That was extremely astute and simple to understand, if not to execute. That post helped me immensely. Often times, people's responses strike me as esoteric riddles that I have to pore over and guess at the meaning. Your last post got through to me 100%. I'm going to hold on to that and read it again from time to time as the months go by. Hopefully I will start to see it in color eventually.

@Leo Gura  Time for a new video about emotions ;)

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all of the barriers within yourself that you have built against it 

- A Course in Miracles

What would I need to do to realise I create all my emotions? Meditate more, raise my awareness?

I mean this sounds good on paper, but what should I do? It feels like these emotions happen to me, and if I tell myself that I created them it still doesnt change anything.

Edited by MM1988

@MM1988 Contemplate and observe why emotions happen. It's all right there before your eyes if you'd only look closer.

Start with the premise: all emotions are manipulations of the ego for the purpose of survival.

And then observe very closely.

@Leo Gura some emotions happen (e. g.) because I want reality to be different than it is, am I right? 

You've slept a hundred nights, And what has it brought you? For your self, for your God, Wake up! Wake up! Sleep no more.

@Leo Gura A video on human emotion, from asleep in the dream, to awoke in the _________, would be really sweet. Maybe cover this crying thing too. ❤️?

@MM1988 Just another perspective, in hopes it’s helpful - Something that worked well for me years ago, was to ‘go to’ perception mode. Shift focus to sensory; eyes, ears, smell, feeling the air on my skin, aiming to sense all the senses as one whole sense. It seemed that shifting focus / awareness to sensing ‘outside’, then left room and clarity on what was going on ‘inside’. I made a lot of progress doing that, and I found pretty much exactly what Leo said, that the emotions were from thoughts, and the thoughts boiled down to “me” “survival” & what I was potentially getting or not getting. I was really introverted when I was younger, so that might have had something to do with the effectiveness. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE