Leo Gura

Kriya Yoga Mega-Thread

2,126 posts in this topic

I haven't really seen much benefits besides being able to enter deeper states of concentration. What I have really noticed is a lot of spiritual purification. It can be hell sometimes. I think one should get up to the third Kriya Pranayama before you start judging it or receiving a lot of benefits. It is too early to tell. Like Leo said, do it for a year and then judge it.

Edited by onacloudynight

So I am only on Lesson Four. Should I sit and do the Nadi breathing and the Ujjayi breathing as my session, or wait until I know how to do more? Are just those two pranayamas are enough to do by themselves? 

1 hour ago, PsiloPutty said:

So I am only on Lesson Four. Should I sit and do the Nadi breathing and the Ujjayi breathing as my session, or wait until I know how to do more? Are just those two pranayamas are enough to do by themselves? 

Do those as preparatory exercises for your concentration practice, which should have been covered in lesson four. Do Nadi breathing then Ujjayi and then end it with concentration.

Edited by onacloudynight

7 hours ago, brovakhiin said:

My gripe is that all this stuff is super-technique-y, ergo super Doing and egoic. I'm definitely gonna continue a direct self-inquiry practice but I am quite intrigued by this especially since I've done energy work before and it seems legit.

Lol, that's actually a major plus. The whole point is to lose your mind to the techniques and stop all this mental masturbation about theortical nonduality.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I am confused, in page 102, teaching the first part of Kriya Pranayama, on the suggested daily routine, the author suggests 3 "sets" of Nadi Sodhana and Ujjayi Pranayama but before he called it "rounds" or "cycles" (3-12 of them).  So, he meant 3 sets of 3-12 rounds (resulting in 9-36 rounds or cycles) or literally 3 cycles of each?

Did any of you guys have ego backlash when you first started this? I'm not sure if mine today is from doing the holotropic breathing on Sunday afternoon or if it's from just starting to implement kriya yoga, but I'm having a hard time with a despairing voice in my head. 

I'm going to do my best to just continue on with the path I'm on, and expect that the voice will quiet down. 

On 23/03/2018 at 3:06 PM, Martin123 said:

Here’s a testimonial not for kriya but for some grounding yoga exercises.

I have been going through kundalini awakening for close to 3 years now. I did not know this but with the awakening I became extremely ungrounded. Symptoms were daydreaming, lack of focus and inability to concentrate on things like lectures in my uni etc.

After I started doing some yoga grounding exercises, I immediately experienced an enormous shift. Now I can concentrate so much more. I have much easier time communicating and focusing on studying. Also my kundalini sensation changed, it is much more visceral and raw at times.

I hope it’s ok that I shared something outside of kriya.

As far as kriya goes, my experience with it always was more havoc caused in the nervous system as the kundalini flow increased to very uncomfortable levels.

Hey, i am passing through the same shit as you, little by little ruining my life, can you be more specific about this "grounding yoga"? What routine exactly that you did?

9 hours ago, PsiloPutty said:

Did any of you guys have ego backlash when you first started this? I'm not sure if mine today is from doing the holotropic breathing on Sunday afternoon or if it's from just starting to implement kriya yoga, but I'm having a hard time with a despairing voice in my head. 

I'm going to do my best to just continue on with the path I'm on, and expect that the voice will quiet down. 

Yeah, I sure did. I felt a lot of anger almost full blown rage, which is really uncommon for me. Make sure to be mindful so you don't accidentally hurt someone while going through these purges, as they can get quite intense at times. 

besides kriya what else do you guys practice?

My routine right now is 30 mins kriya then 45 mins vipassana, but im thinking about changing it

24 minutes ago, herghly said:

My routine right now is 30 mins kriya then 45 mins vipassana, but im thinking about changing it

40mins Kriya.

1 hour mindfulness with labeling.

A session with 20 minutes of concentration, then 15 minutes of mindfulness, and then I finish it off with 10 minutes of metta meditation.

Edited by onacloudynight

21 hours ago, Recursoinominado said:

I am confused, in page 102, teaching the first part of Kriya Pranayama, on the suggested daily routine, the author suggests 3 "sets" of Nadi Sodhana and Ujjayi Pranayama but before he called it "rounds" or "cycles" (3-12 of them).  So, he meant 3 sets of 3-12 rounds (resulting in 9-36 rounds or cycles) or literally 3 cycles of each?

Good question. I assumed it was 3 cycles of each only since your routine evolves and lower end practices become slowly obsolete and are remplaced by more advanced one, thus it would make more sense that you do slowly less of them. But I might be very wrong.

12 hours ago, onacloudynight said:

Yeah, I sure did. I felt a lot of anger almost full blown rage, which is really uncommon for me. Make sure to be mindful so you don't accidentally hurt someone while going through these purges, as they can get quite intense at times. 

OK, thank you. Will just roll with it.  :)

12 hours ago, herghly said:

You and I are doing the same things, and for basically the same lengths of time. I'm not sure how sustainable/compatible the two practices are, as far as long-term goes, but I do them 12 hours apart, so maybe that makes it more workable. No idea.....I'm just shooting from the hip for now.

4 hours ago, Lynnel said:

Good question. I assumed it was 3 cycles of each only since your routine evolves and lower end practices become slowly obsolete and are remplaced by more advanced one, thus it would make more sense that you do slowly less of them. But I might be very wrong.

This makes sense, as we progress, there is so many techniques that if we do 9-36 rounds it would lose the purposes of being a spiritual practice for "householders". 

When doing Maha Mudra do you keep your eyes open or closed? 

the book does not say and since its stretching i am assuming its okay for eyes open

@herghly I do it eyes closed, which isn't too hard. Helps me be more concentrated.

Edited by onacloudynight