Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
electroBeam

psychedelics - how effective is it for you?

19 posts in this topic

For those of you who use to do tradition meditation and yoga, then added or switched to using psychedelics, do you feel like your daily(PERMANENT) state has become more meditative, or do you understand reality better? 

If so how much of an impact has it had and where would you be if psychedelics didnt exist.

@electroBeam It depends what happens during the trip. Awareness is higher for a few weeks and then wanes. The wane is variable on how hardcore your practice is.

Usually, It's more of a nudge in the "right" direction than it is a permanent change for me. Meditation and yoga are akin to micro nudges over a long period time while psychedelics are an dramatic overhaul that require processing time and practice to stay on track.

However! I will say my first experience with a psychedelic was so radical that my baseline awareness rose forever. I had no idea what I was getting into at the time :)

Edited by gleb

I am new to psychedelics.They put me back in the game man.They give you insights that you never imagined you were able to understand at this state just with a pill.The problem is after the trip most of them fade away but for sure something stays and helps.New questions after the trip are coming too.Its a nice tool.Plus as Leo have said normal use does not mess your brain you are able to meditate again the next day as far as my experience with lsd.

Psychedelics only helped me remember and confirm what i had already experienced through endogenous experiences that i had forgotten about and the use of psychedelics without meditation/spiritual practice and applying the teachings or "getting the message" only lead me back to more illusionary states.

They can help but if you get pulled into using often to "remember again" you will only deplete your natural spiritual awareness.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@electroBeam I tried AL-LAD a few times. It's completly useless. Your everyday sensitivity and awareness goes down. Energy gets drained. You become more desperate to recreate the experience witch leads to higher and higher doses. None of the cool heightened consciousness stuff will remain.

You can try it once out of curiosity. To motivate yourself to do real meditation/yoga.

My experiences with magic mushrooms were very profound and I cannot imagine that I would have understood anything close to what I do without those experiences. But I gave myself a long period for integration (4 years since my last trip). They also scared me because I had no mental concepts for anything which I encountered. 

I think they force you to grow if you want to keep them part of your practice in the long run. Otherwise you won't be able to handle the deeper and deeper state which they tend to provoke with each time. For me the first trips were just fun and about the morphing walls and the nice music. But now I can get into very deep states on dosages were some people feel nothing. But it's all the infinite, the psychedelic state is just soo different that it reveals the illusory nature of "reality" or experience... but on the deep end they can also be the absolute after "you" have been removed from experience.

I am at a point where I don't know if I would recommend them to everyone. Surely for the serious seeker, but not for any random person without the proper education.

Psychedelics helped me gain awareness and were crucial to my growth.  But then I also think quitting psychedelics when I did was also crucial to my growth.  You gotta listen to your intuition.  Too much of one thing on the path can hang you up.  You gotta be more flexible, more exploring, more fluid in your techniques.  Don’t neurotically attach to one particular mechanism in this work, psychedelics included.

1 hour ago, Salvijus said:

@electroBeam I tried AL-LAD a few times. It's completly useless. Your everyday sensitivity and awareness goes down. Energy gets drained. You become more desperate to recreate the experience witch leads to higher and higher doses. None of the cool heightened consciousness stuff will remain.

You can try it once out of curiosity. To motivate yourself to do real meditation/yoga.

Try LSD if you can.

Changes are for sure permanent, which is CRAZY at first. You start wondering if you are not getting insane. I know it's a goal of every self-actualization technique is to make a change in life, but no method I know does it so radically and fast as psychedelics, which is scary. 

For example, in the beginning I didn't even know what a mind without verbal thoughts is. It was mind-shattering and so joyful to discover Eckhart Tolle's works and notice gap between thoughts for the first time. I could only notice it for a few seconds at first. Now after few months of tripping I can sit in no-mind state for long minutes and sometimes I become aware of things I couldn't have imagined back then.

Reality feels mysterious and magical now, before, I have thought I have figured it all out. I have became so much grounded, the way I walk has changed automatically into something more balanced. I am starting to feel deeply connected to my feelings, I have been detached before. I have got many juicy insights from my tripping that became incorporated into my everyday life and meditation habit. I have discovered completly new ways of thinking and accessing reality, unspeakable. Improving my diet became effortless to some extent, junk food simply started to taste terrible.

Few tips for fruit-bearing psychedelics practice: do it once a month, baby step your doses, be in your best condotion - mentally and physically. I feel like the longer the period inbetween the trips, the more juice you can get out of it. Going too fast makes your insights half-baked, because you don't really have time to incorporate them into your life. That's why I don't recommend doing them every two weeks, even though the substance would work as it's meant to be.

I feel often like some parts of the last trip echo in my life. It likes to loop and repeat. If the trip was weird, I might be weirder than usual for a few weeks. If it was loving, I will be extremly open and warm-hearted towards people. You get the point.

For me classical psychedelics like LSD or shrooms push towards one direction - it's called AUTHENTICITY. Really, these substances show you what you are at your core.

@Nahm Sounds pretty effective to me.

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all of the barriers within yourself that you have built against it 

- A Course in Miracles

8 hours ago, Nahm said:

@electroBeam Had a trip once I was a dolphin and me and my friends passed around a puffer fish and tripped balls, pretty sure I’m the human now but can’t be sure.

Those puffer fish are the shit!

Lol

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Nahm I hear the seaweed is good ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@electroBeam I've taken shrooms 6 times spaced out over the last 8 months and also done 5 meo. A few weeks ago though I had a psychedelic like experience through feeling into the suffering in my life which include crying, screaming and losing control of my body and ''God''/ higher intelligence without psychedelics. I then took shrooms yesterday but this time everytime I felt the effects coming, my mind automatically challenge every effect of the shrooms. For example, I felt fearful but then my mind wanted to be still. I tried to ask questions about my life problems but got no response. Everytime I took shrooms before I would be super emotional ie. cry my eyes out or jump around. 

This time it was like I didn't take shrooms because it seemed like everytime I took, the effects were because I was caught up in emotions. The only effects I felt was that I a little more focused. Maybe it was a bad bunch but I don't think so. 

On 3/21/2018 at 10:14 PM, gleb said:

@electroBeam It depends what happens during the trip. Awareness is higher for a few weeks and then wanes. The wane is variable on how hardcore your practice is.

Usually, It's more of a nudge in the "right" direction than it is a permanent change for me. Meditation and yoga are akin to micro nudges over a long period time while psychedelics are an dramatic overhaul that require processing time and practice to stay on track.

However! I will say my first experience with a psychedelic was so radical that my baseline awareness rose forever. I had no idea what I was getting into at the time :)

I agree with gleb here.

My introduction to psychedelics was also like Gleb's. It was incredibly powerful and I had read all about it before trying it, but words did not capture actually being in that state. It was radical, surprising, and profound. 

If it wasn't for psychedelics I am not sure I would have even gotten into meditation. I originally got into meditation because I wanted a practice that would help sustain the state of mind that psychedelics showed me which is characterized by high awareness and being in the present moment. 

It opened me up to spirituality, my creativity, self-confidence, love, illusion of time, the list can go on, but I am thankful I found my way to them.

In addition, I was into psychedelics before Leo tried them. I originally found Leo through his how to meditation videos in like 2013 and was quit confused when he said psychedelics were distractions, but we all change :)

I found them to be a huge catalyst towards my personal development. 

Any drug is a tool to do it faster in a sense. But without meditation are useless.

Being said, use drugs and stimulants as a food in a way, to build yourself quickly. But never separate the experience from meditation practices, because it will become party like and a waste of energy.

Namaste, Mfks!

On 3/25/2018 at 11:16 AM, Leo Gura said:

@Nahm I hear the seaweed is good ;)

Ever tried the seaweed diet?

I see weed, i smoke it.

B R E A T H E

@electroBeam For me, psychedelics are the only tool that removes The Story. I learned more in a four hour trip than 25 years of meditation.

Imagine being a character in your dream. That dream character seeks the meaning of life within the dream for years. Suddenly the dream character wakes up and realizes it was all a dream.

Asking how that experience affects the daily life of the dream character is irrelevant. The gig is up. Once you realize the dream, it slowly degrades. There is no turning back.

Strong psychedelic trips are potent medicine.