Dino D

Who is letting go?

25 posts in this topic

Who is letting go? Who is holding on? how the explain the mechanics of this?

If I belive something, who is beliving, what is it that belives more or less? 

As example, today I was angry because i belived that it sucks that somebody fooled me, then i realized that this is not important, the anger stoped, but its not like I let go, if i go into it I'm still angry, but much less intensity, and I dont think about it... Not a clear example...

yea-the ultimate answer is nobody-no self, but i would like to be practical, I let go of emotions, i hade revalations, crying, relasing of big tension, emotinal and physical, and I dont really know who is letting go... and how?   my letting go was mostly incrising it untill it breaks, or by really and deeply changing the attitude thowards it, and the belive that its imortant or that it is like i thought-in short-dont giving a fuck, or really accepting it... But its like the ego did it, my personality that changed, or. hmm I DONT KNOW????

I swear to god , I was meditating just now and I had the exact same question, THATS SYNCRONICITY HAHA

Dont look at me! Look inside!

4 minutes ago, Rilles said:

I swear to god , I was meditating just now and I had the exact same question, THATS SYNCRONICITY HAHA

nice :)

A thought-belief arises.  Awareness reaches out to this thought-belief object, identifies/attaches to it, and produces the feeling or sense of "I believe." Asking "who believes this thought?" will assist in withdrawing attention away from the thought-object and starve thought-objects of having an identifier, which quiets the mind and allows self-identity to dissolve.

Edited by robdl

The dream character is letting go. 

You are absolute nothing having a dream that you(nothing) are Dino D and Dodo

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

1 minute ago, robdl said:

A thought-belief arises.  Awareness reaches out to this thought-belief object, identifies/attaches to it, and produces the feeling or sense of "I believe." Asking "who believes this thought?" will assist in withdrawing attention away from the thought-object and starve thought-objects of having an identifier, which quiets the mind.

not bad, but one step is not clear: how is awareness attaching to a belief, holding on, why it attaches to some beliefs, some not? 

Imagine this, awareness (no propetis, nothingness) gets aware of two beliefs (i'm human I'm a chair) and it attaches to I'm human... why, how, who choose, how does it hold on, what happends by letting go, who is doing this... 

1 minute ago, Dodo said:

So all of this what I do (as a human-just to be practical) and feel, and let go and so on, is in fact the work on ego... Evan the enlightement experience is infuencing only the ego who then feels free, happy, or schocked and depressed... a beautifull let go, its done by the ego, by Dino? 

2 minutes ago, Dino D said:

not bad, but one step is not clear: how is awareness attaching to a belief, holding on, why it attaches to some beliefs, some not? 

Imagine this, awareness (no propetis, nothingness) gets aware of two beliefs (i'm human I'm a chair) and it attaches to I'm human... why, how, who choose, how does it hold on, what happends by letting go, who is doing this... 

Interestingly, recently during self-inquiry I mistook my self-identity.  I had the perception that I had two older brothers and a younger sister and I was thoroughly convinced of this for a brief moment of time.  Until the realization came 15-20 seconds later that I actually have two older sisters in real life.

1 minute ago, robdl said:

Interestingly, recently during self-inquiry I mistook my self-identity.  I had the perception that I had two older brothers and a younger sister and I was thoroughly convinced of this for a brief moment of time.  Until the realization came 15-20 seconds later that I actually have two older sisters in real life.

i have similar states, when i meditate and somehow choose by meditating, still to think activly, then it gets to daydreaming, mixed with a bit of falling almost a sleep, and then happen scenarios where my life evants gets mixed, like i belive  I did today in a specific situation something different that i did in ,,reality"... I think its some mix from being awake/thinking with starting dreaming (falling a sleep)... 

hey I meditated for 3 minutes, and I have mybe the anwer?

who is letting go: its you the person by seing that it does not exist, as does nothing exist that has to be leten go, and when awareness is back to being human is like with any ,,normal human" a problem is solved (you let go)

it's the ego, the whole structure of ego (beliefs) gets fixed and understood when you let go of something, a belief is a result of a belief, of a belif, of a belief, of a belif that hold on into eachother-charachter structure, so you the ego is very complicated, with the memory of all evants, beliefs that together form the ego...

they are much mechanics of leting go a belief/and the attached emotions (just soliving the problem attached to the belif/emotion its a let go-every human does that), understandig the source of your suffering, its a let go, understanding the source of you belife system its a let go, changing a belief its a let go, all of this does the characher or ego... and by enligtement, the ego/mind gets somehow still the experience, the information, and the realizations of the enligtement, at the end it gets the knowing that it does not exist with all of the structure of him, witch is the ultimate let go... so something like that...

the whole world is flat? (a belief) why do people dont fall, whats on the other side-confusion, worry, then you get the info and evidence that the world is round, you can let go-1 way of letting go-solving the problem getting the answer

you accept that the world is flat-thats a let go

you change youre attitude to this question, youre not interested any more-thats a let go

you inquiry, you see that the world is not real- you let go

yoi inquiry-you see that you dont exist, and because of that, the one that belived that exist now knows that he dont, he is free and can let go (a bit of a paradox)... still how awareness identifies with the first belief, why, and how it does let go of this, who does that process... its complicated :D

I don't think of "who is letting go?"/"who am I?"/"To whom do these thoughts occur?" as questions, per se.  I think of them as practical tools or instruments for the inversion of attention away from objects.  A sword or shield to ward off body-mind identification, or a lantern that allows seeing body-mind identification take place, to create the conditions for a quiet mind/dis-identification and object-less experience.

Someone could write 5000 pages answering that question, and without having used it as an actual instrument in practice, they've missed the point of the question.

The answer to the question "who is letting go?" is the real-life action of the mind turning inward.  Nothing else.  And it's not so much an answer as it is a responsive action.

Conventional questions just need to be correctly answered once.  But in the case of self-inquiry, it's a question that may get "answered," but then has to get posed again two minutes later.  So is it really a question if it needs to be repeatedly posed, or just a tool?

Edited by robdl

Perhaps perception ‘action of intelligence not determine by thought’ is it’s own action that  enables the action of letting go. This perception is maybe a whole movment. Like an instinct of sorts. Only the conditioned mind ‘thought’ usually creates a type of congestion in ones conciousness that prevents this perception from ever acting. When this conditioned thought ceases maybe there is space for this whole perception to act. 

Seems like the mind is cluttered with the movement of thinking. Does the conditioned response of thought interfere with this intelligent response of complete action and perception that is whole? 

17 minutes ago, Dino D said:

you inquiry, you see that the world is not real- you let go

yoi inquiry-you see that you dont exist, and because of that, the one that belived that exist now knows that he dont, he is free and can let go (a bit of a paradox)... still how awareness identifies with the first belief, why, and how it does let go of this, who does that process... its complicated :D

Yes, that's basically it. Not complicated as no one is actually doing it. It is just a matter of belief.  :)

I will try that... thanks!

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

6 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Perhaps perception ‘action of intelligence not determine by thought’ is it’s own action that  enables the action of letting go. This perception is maybe a whole movment. Like an instinct of sorts. Only the conditioned mind ‘thought’ usually creates a type of congestion in ones conciousness that prevents this perception from ever acting. When this conditioned thought ceases maybe there is space for this whole perception to act. 

Seems like the mind is cluttered with the movement of thinking. Does the conditioned response of thought interfere with this intelligent response of complete action and perception that is whole? 

Good perception.

Yes. It seems that by just allowing (and not cluttering) the 'action of intelligence' to complete it's full observation and appreciation of it's own creation allows it to 'move on'.

1 hour ago, Dino D said:

It's not awareness that attaches other than attention can be caught up in the identifying that the mind reflexively and naturally does on its own.

We can keep our awareness free from entangling with things that preoccupy the mind by abiding in awareness as an observer.

Eventually the mind will begin to reflect that freely observing awareness as it's identity which can increase the subconscious aware state of being we 'rest' at.

The 'who' is our subconscious mind that innately clings to create it's identity and by consciously 'letting go' we are conditioning the subconscious mind to do that.

I’ve been done let go now for a while!

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 hour ago, Dodo said:

Dino D and Dodo

Thank you very much for that ?

Funny thing was I saw this question on Facebook around the same time! Someone asked "What is THAT?"