Andre Quinonez

How much sleep do we actually need?

26 posts in this topic

So this is a topic where I see a lot diverse opinions. Some say it's not the quantity but the quality. The general opinion is that you need 8 hours, but others will argue 6 hours and I've also come across some that say only 5. Any evidence as to what is the appropriate sleep one should get?

Edited by Andre Quinonez
Forgot to ask something

Quality over quantity like all things in life. Follow your body. If you sleep and wake up feeling recharged and 100% full of life ready to conquer the world you know you slept good and optimally. Sometimes no matter how long you sleep you won't get this because the quality of sleep is poor due to diet and lifestyle choices.

For some it can be 6-8 hours for others it can be 4-6 and some even 2-4 hours is enough it all depends on the person, their health and diet and lifestyle habits. Sleep when tired, rise when regenerated. its not rocket science.

Same goes for eating and drinking, You don't need to follow any rules or need to drink or eat this much, just follow the body, the body is nature and nature's intelligence is aligned with source.

B R E A T H E

I think it’s more about the quality of your sleep cycles than solely about how long you sleep. If you wake up in the middle of a cycle, you will very likely feel tired af, even if you slept 9 hours. So I can recommend the App ‘Sleep Cycle’ which wakes you up in between these phases or in phases where you are in very light sleep and also shows you the quality of your sleep :) 

Bought the book; "Say Good Night to Insomnia: The Six-Week, Drug-Free Program Developed At Harvard Medical School", it says a minimum of 5 hours, 30 minutes. 

@Andre Quinonez It’s relative.  Monkey mind, diet, exercise, meditation, etc. It’s rest we need. One person could sleep 8 hours and wake unrested, another could sleep 5 hours and wake fully rested. Sadhguru (YouTube) is a great resource for this. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

test it. I thought I needed over 10 hours but once I was only able to sleep 7 hours and I felt completely fine after that. now i sleep less than 8

@Andre Quinonez I personally feel I need 9, but that exact number may be a consequence of unhealthy lifestyle habits. I almost never get 9 though, I'm constantly sleep deprived tbh. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

So many variables to that. Depends on energy expenditure, diet, hydration, body chemistry ‘genes’..Thoughts ‘stress levels’ sleep efficiency, types of exercise, stretching, and whether or not actives like simple tai chi exercises are participated in. I’m sure this list could go on and on. 

On 4/17/2018 at 4:40 PM, d0ornokey said:

test it. I thought I needed over 10 hours but once I was only able to sleep 7 hours and I felt completely fine after that. now i sleep less than 8

Once you slept less then 7 hours?! Wow man your life is rough ?

@SFRL I've heard, dropping below 5 hours is lethal!

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all of the barriers within yourself that you have built against it 

- A Course in Miracles

1 hour ago, Timotheus said:

@SFRL I've heard, dropping below 5 hours is lethal!

I must be a vampire

In my own experience, after switching to eating once a day, and having 1000-1500 calories on average that got my sleep down from 8 hours to 6 hours. Now, I need about 5 hours. And I got there by focusing on my heart (my breathe, feelings, and emotions) instead of getting lost in my thoughts. Once I start exercising again it may go down even more.

However much sleep your body needs, it is important that you get the full length above trying to sleep less :)

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

14 hours ago, Solace said:

In my own experience, after switching to eating once a day, and having 1000-1500 calories on average that got my sleep down from 8 hours to 6 hours. Now, I need about 5 hours. And I got there by focusing on my heart (my breathe, feelings, and emotions) instead of getting lost in my thoughts. Once I start exercising again it may go down even more.

However much sleep your body needs, it is important that you get the full length above trying to sleep less :)

Do you follow Amen Ra protocol?

What do you eat, and for what hour-window?

I sleep 4-4,5 hour/day my entire life. If I try to sleep longer I feel tired, my brain simply doesnt work. 

I wish i Could sleep 2 hours/day like Nikola Tesla :) 

12 hours ago, Metody said:

I sleep 4-4,5 hour/day my entire life. If I try to sleep longer I feel tired, my brain simply doesnt work. 

I wish i Could sleep 2 hours/day like Nikola Tesla :) 

When i eat only raw foods i sleep 4 - 5 hours or when i eat one meal a day. When i eat more or cooked i sleep 7 - 9 hours. Not sure why this is but yeah, sometimes unless i eat something heavy/cooked to ground and wind me down or i stay up 2 days. I have so much energy i need extra calories to help me fall asleep. I guess its chi energy :P

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@Lexonn I was inspired partly by Dr Amen Ra in regards to restricting my calories, eating in a 1 hour window at around 7pm, and then supplementing with the extra proteins/amino acids (I use spirulina, cocao, honey, and flaxseed). But instead of eating beans and other stuff he has, I prefer having fruit, sometimes with or without a few nuts or soft vegetables on the side :) This along with urine has greatly risen my baseline energy.

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

One needs to sleep depending on his spiritual awakened state. If you are 100% growing and in optimized health being awakened the subconscious, then it is likely that sleep is only an unbalance in the body/mind, this is a reason the majority sleep, to recover the balance. 

Personally i sleep very little or none. We all grow and have parts in our boby/mind that are still in a state of healing and optimization. 

I think In today's fast-paced society, six or seven hours of sleep is sufficient to be healthy.