MM1988

Criticism of the Quantum Mechanics Video I found on reddit

111 posts in this topic

ive read the first half and read the 2 qoura links he included to show if hes a scam or not and it just sounds like a bunch of close minded people. One guy critiqued that "I AM GOD" that leo said was unprofessional and ego-istic and i feel like hes missing the entire point.  The first half of the reddit was just the guy saying basically 'this makes no sense and is bull crap' but the second half i dont know too much of geometry theory stuff to argue with lol 

45 minutes ago, MM1988 said:

I support non duality, I underastand it a lot, I often ask the same question on witch i NEVER get a logical answer that makes seanse, not evan close.

This post from reddit is a good one, we discredit experts very easily, and talk superfically about many stuff... We give many assumptions and logical analogy witch is not facst at all, its just analogy, and analogy can be very easilly fited in a way that suporsts the starting claim.

When somebody is smart, when somebody prepares a video, when this video is logical, and we belive in logic and what makes seanse, but is this a fact...

As example, the flat earth people have a lot of logical claims and good arguments, but of course, we have facts...

Non duality, has many unanswered questions, and 0 facts.

First person experience is subjective, and nod valid at all. Some people experience being a bird, or that someone spys on them (schizophrenia).

enlightenment could very easily be the experience of a  standby mode of the brain/maind, thats why its hard to get there, and when you get there and realize everything, the next day you againg dont see it and cant get there (unlike any other realization) why, because its a mehanical thing, and its very hard to force the brain/maind into the standby mode. However all the non dual theroy is just pure assumption from the first person experience of enlightement, how much that experience is valid and credibile, what IT REALLY is, and what is means is or just assumption and belive, its logical assumption and belive backed up by anallogy, philosophy and cherry picked and subjectivly understod science. Not fact and science.

btw. I still hope, non duality is true. I belive and know that the personality/ego is as relative and consturucted as it gets, so its ok to say that the ego or personal self is an illusion, but that the world and reality is illusion is an assumption made from first person experiences and from realizations about the illusions of ego/personality that are falsly contributed to what we call material world. The experience of a not separate self, or no ego (witch feels like we are all one, the three my body, and mind) is just the misinterpretation of the subjective feeling that we get when we free our self of the belive that the ego/personality is a ,,real not relative constant ,,thing". The experience of enlightement leads to many dogma. If A is not true, that does not mean that B is also not true.

Edit: I just wanted to add, this guy has some hate to Leo, witch I dont, Leo and this site helped me big time, Leo is a great guys and he does his best, but we must be critic and sceptic, and I know (evan if I dont know what particular) some things that Leo (like everybody) says/thinks have to be wrong, thats how it ist, its impossible that everything that he says and expeins is right, maybe evan some basic stuff, some starting (non dual) ,,pillars" are also false (dogma or whatever), so, we have to be critical...

Edited by Dino D
I wanted to add this, to be clear, and to avoid confusion and bad misinterprating

You expect a bunch of materialistic Reddit trolls to understand the subtlty of nonduality??

Lol

Those guys have no idea what they are up against.

Just reading one random sentence of his critique and it's already ignorance of the plainest sort.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

14 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You expect a bunch of materialistic Reddit trolls to understand the subtlty of nonduality??

Lol

Just reading one random sentence of his critique and it's already ignorance of the plainest sort.

He wrote me in private telling me he meditates and watches your videos. He also said he did his post graduation in physics (astrophysics & cosmology) and thats why he didnt like the video.

If you ask two lawyers for an opinion — you’ll get three opinions.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

19 minutes ago, MM1988 said:

He wrote me in private telling me he meditates and watches your videos. He also said he did his post graduation in physics (astrophysics & cosmology) and thats why he didnt like the video.

Does not help his case. He is still wrong.

He isn't even conscious of the difference between direct experience and concept. What more is there to say of such a person?

Stephen Hawaking was a better physicist than this guy, and Stephen Hawking was wrong. So what? Appeal to authority does not equal truth. Dogmatic people appeal to authority and credentials because they refuse to be conscious for themselves.

5 minutes ago, MM1988 said:

Here is another in-depth analysis I found of you Leo

https://www.quora.com/Is-Leo-Gura’s-Actualized-org-a-scam/answer/Connor-Frankston-1

Damn it must be crazy to read stuff like that about yourself on the internet, I cant even imagine.

Frankston’s view is pretty strong too.  We don’t get offended by things that we’re completely detached from.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Appeal to authority does not equal truth. 

Appeal to authority does not equal truth. So does also your appeal to Einstein and Nils Boar, or our appeal to you, and I am dogmatic to you because Im so inspired and i admire you. I also belive (and a belif is bleee blaaa blaaa) that first person (subjective experience) isnt valid, but to me it has big authority evan if it is a lie, false, and I very often dont know what it is... If I experience a meditativ state, evan a enlightened one, i dont have anything to back it up and support it, only my experience, and my belive/assumptions of what this experience could be, and what it could mean...

However, I dont know, just saying, also you seem offended, and you reacted ,,unprofessional" or unenlightened (from a ego centre, not from a counciusnes, no self, compasionate ,,place") . Maybe it ,,hurts a bit" because it has some valid stuff in it... It's ok that some people can discredit some of your ,,claims and coclusions" and thats yous fine, youre still amazing and going the right path :)

If everybody agreed with me, then I would start to worry haha.  I would start to think — whattaya you want from me!  Don’t worry about people disagreeing with you.  Opinions are like bellybuttons, everybody has one.  I like it when people disagree with me.  That shows they are thinking for themselves — or at least attempting to.  That’s a virtue!  It takes balls and principles to disagree with somebody.  I always say — please argue with me.  I don’t wanna be agreed with.  I don’t need to justify feeling right to anybody.  We all have different perspectives.  There’s no one-sized-fits-all correct philosophical view of reality.  There’s just your view.  And the only live question for you is — can I improve my view?  Don’t worry about what anybody else thinks in the first instance.  Worry about if you can improve your view of things.  And then maybe you’ll influence others later on with your refined view of reality.  But don’t worry about what other people say or think about you.  That reflects on them not on you.  If you can help them, great, if they can help you, great — but the disagreement aspect alone is not that significant.  If people are agreeing with you a bunch, then maybe you have something to start worrying about!  It’s like “yes men” when you get rich and famous, right?  Everything you say is smart and funny now!  That’s total BS though — it’s butt-kissing.  I think humans are programmed to disagree more than agree with other humans.  I expect that and celebrate that.  If people aren’t disagreeing, then they probably aren’t thinking.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

And all opinions are ultimately worthless, unlike bellybuttons, bellybuttons are pretty awesome.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

that qoura article that you linked is the very one i was talking about

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Lol

I appreciate you teaching chimps calculus, it's changed my entire perspective on life.  

As for the guy's post, Just the fact that someone is denying anything should tell you that they don't take into consideration the whole or maybe open themselves up to the idea that maybe there's something bigger than themselves or their thinking going on here. 

Edited by Truth

Memento Mori

1 hour ago, MM1988 said:

Here is another in-depth analysis I found of you Leo

https://www.quora.com/Is-Leo-Gura’s-Actualized-org-a-scam/answer/Connor-Frankston-1

Damn it must be crazy to read stuff like that about yourself on the internet, I cant even imagine.

I just read it.  I don't mean to dismiss Frankston's opinion, but what I got from it was a bunch of ad hominem attacks and scare tactics. 

He fails to mention all of Leo's YouTube videos are 100% FREE.  In fact, he's not even maximizing the profit he could be making; with his popularity and subscriber base, he could put part 1 on Youtube and charge money for part 2 on his website.

I live in the Bible Belt of the American South where religious scam artists are rampant; they hate people like Leo.   

"You will soon be going about like the converted, and the revivalist, warning people against all the sins of which you have grown tired."- Oscar Wilde

2 hours ago, Dino D said:

Appeal to authority does not equal truth. So does also your appeal to Einstein and Nils Boar, or our appeal to you

Nonduality does not depend on any authority and would be true even if tomorrow Einstein and Bohr were revealed to be charlatans.

I appealed to their authority precisely because it might help convince arch-materialists because they will not be receptive to critiques coming form outside of science.

But even so, most materialists would sooner discard the opinions of Einsteim and Bohr than re-evaluate their materialist dogma.

Materialism is a religion. So it does not repond to reason or evidence. It's an unfalsifiable position by design. The mind does not play fair when defending it because, unbeknowst to the materialist, his very life hinges on it.

Nonduality is not an argument or a proof. It is a fact of which you can become conscious if you wish.

Brute facts are never proovable. Facts merely ARE. "Proof" is a psychological game which depends on how receptive your mind is.

However, I dont know, just saying, also you seem offended, and you reacted ,,unprofessional" or unenlightened (from a ego centre, not from a counciusnes, no self, compasionate ,,place") .

That would be your projection.

I take no offense at this critique. It is just laughably off the mark.

And I have deep compassion for his ignorance. I have devoted my whole life to helping people cure this ignorance. It always breaks my heart to see people intellectually shooting themselves in the foot. I know exactly where they are making their epistemic errors, but I cannot convince them of it because they lack the radical openmindedness necessary, because they fear ego-death.

That is the tragedy of this whole thing. This guy is not even conscious of why he is closedminded. That is the tragedy of religion.

So in the end, what can we do but laugh? Maya is a sneaky bitch.

My experiences of nonduality are not going to be shaken by any rational critique. So critique away. All critiques are just a consequence of Infinity.

@Leo Gura Leo I think the "problem" is that sometimes you go way too deep than it is bearable for even some of the spiritually advanced people. With your search you go beyond the Enlightenment and that shit is scary... On the deepest level there is complete meaningless void so what do you expect from people? I would admit that sometimes your videos seem very dark but I hope I know your true intentions because I know you for a long time already. But people who don't know your personality and most of your content may miss the big picture. It's very easy to get depressed by some of your videos if you don't hold the biggest picture. We gotta admit that. Don't you think so? 

Edited by egoless

@egoless Sure, I guess.

The mind will easily misinterpret advanced teachings.

To really understand and appreciate the last 2 quantum mechanics videos will require a typical person a decade of study and practice.

We are talking about levels of understanding which virtually no human being on the planet has accessed. It is very tricky stuff which has personally taken me decades to understand and has required my own death several times.

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

We are talking about levels of understanding which virtually no human being on the planet has accessed. It is very tricky stuff which has personally taken me decades to understand and has required my own death several times.

But there is a question arising what is the implication of this deepest level of Truth on this surface level really? Does it make your life better or worse? I mean yes you may choose to seek the Truth just for the sake of it but that's you. Some people may not want to do that. Right? So ultimately there are no rights and wrongs here. You knowing the deepest Truth does not make u any more advanced than people (Even more you realize that there is no you who can be advanced..) who have materialistic paradigm. It's just different perspective. It's your choice which lens you want to wear. I mean I know people who are perfectly happy and living the fullest life with materialistic paradigm. In the end nobody knows which is better...

Edited by egoless

3 hours ago, Dino D said:

Appeal to authority does not equal truth. So does also your appeal to Einstein and Nils Boar, or our appeal to you, and I am dogmatic to you because Im so inspired and i admire you. I also belive (and a belif is bleee blaaa blaaa) that first person (subjective experience) isnt valid, but to me it has big authority evan if it is a lie, false, and I very often dont know what it is... If I experience a meditativ state, evan a enlightened one, i dont have anything to back it up and support it, only my experience, and my belive/assumptions of what this experience could be, and what it could mean...

However, I dont know, just saying, also you seem offended, and you reacted ,,unprofessional" or unenlightened (from a ego centre, not from a counciusnes, no self, compasionate ,,place") . Maybe it ,,hurts a bit" because it has some valid stuff in it... It's ok that some people can discredit some of your ,,claims and coclusions" and thats yous fine, youre still amazing and going the right path :)

This is why I say it’s dumb to be proud to be awake.  That’s just how ‘your’ story played out.  It couldn’t have happened otherwise.  ‘You’ could have been a bum on the street too, and similarly have no control over the matter.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor