Star Net

Discussion : Being Vegan - VS - not Being Vegan

90 posts in this topic

Good afternoon everyone

I am opening a Discussion here about : Being Vegan - VS - not Being Vegan

Your opinions - Pros and Cons about being vegan or not being vegan - Your experiences - Your opinions from the morality perspective -

Your advices - Your favorite recipies - Do You raise animal - .............et,

are You a vegan now or not? and why ?

-I started to think about being vegan about 7 - 10 days a go, and until now I did not consume or want to consume any of the animal products,

-We do not have to kill, torture or hurt the animals so that We can eat or dress well

-But I am new in being vegan.

And I think this discussion will be helpful for Us as Humans and for the animals too.

I was eating vegan food for just 11 months. Almost a year. 

The fact is that I stopped because my b12 were so freaking low i couldn' t cope with it. It was in dangerous levels, the doc said I had to inject myself ASAP.  I was getting  shots very regularly and supplements  as well. For me, it didnt feel right. 

Of course with proper knowledge and experience and support I will then again try it some day  in the future I don't know when. 

As far as recipes, things are so simple. 

The benefits are so many. 

I am going to assume that by Vegan you mean wholefood plant based because Vegan can be terrible junk diet filed with Coke, oreos, bread and dairy free cookies. 

Downsides of being Plant Based

• very little dietary B12, absolutely need to supplement (every single vegetarian or vegan)
  • could become Omega 3 deficient (easily preventable)
  • could become anaemic or very skinny if careless and deficient on B12, Iron, B9 and calories generally and need to lift weights)
  • not all places are Vegan Friendly
  • Need to do more cooking at home
  • will face mockery and emotional manipulation 
  • will be asked same questions all the time 
  • will have a tendency to judge meateaters
  • family and friends usually unsupportive
  • could become more expensive

Benefits

• Higher prevention from top killer diseases of humans world wide. 
  • Shorter recovery time from flu, cold etc ...
  • Vitality increased
  • Consciousness increased and mind fog lifted
  • Libido increased along with sexual health 
  • Digestive improvement
  • Easy weightloss for obese people
  • no more dieting, no more food restrictions,
  • discovering new foods, spices, herbs...
  • contribution to health of the planet
  • not more participation on un-humane slaughter and animal holocaust
  • reduction of medical bills later on in life. 
  • (potentially) for ladies less painful periods

I have been on plant based diet for around a year and never felt better in my life, gained some muscle mass without problem and got rid of asthma, indigestion and few extra kilos along with brain fog and occasional depressions. 

Edited by Michael569
wording

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

2 hours ago, egoeimai said:

I was eating vegan food for just 11 months. Almost a year. 

The fact is that I stopped because my b12 were so freaking low i couldn' t cope with it. It was in dangerous levels, the doc said I had to inject myself ASAP.  I was getting  shots very regularly and supplements  as well. For me, it didnt feel right. 

Of course with proper knowledge and experience and support I will then again try it some day  in the future I don't know when. 

As far as recipes, things are so simple. 

The benefits are so many. 

Damn. I thought it takes a couple of years before it can become dangerous.
But yeah taking a b12 supplement is necessary. That's like the only thing you really have to supplement I think if you eat a good vegan diet.
It's very easy to do. :)

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

@Star Net I eat vegan / raw, almost 2 years now. When I see animals, I love em. I have more energy and no health issues. I don’t take any health ‘correcting’ pills anymore. At the same time, non of the animals are real, and I don’t care what other people do. I love the vareity (of what people do). Also, I haven’t had so much as a cold in the same amount of time. I know it’s all mind, I also know we can simply choose the path of least resistence. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Star Net Good initiative.
I eat a plant based diet because of health and morality.

Once you actually resarch how it works in the industries and how much suffering it is you'll be disgusted with it.
Problem is most people don't. We are fed a very romanticized view of it. All part of the marketing plan.
We're told stuff like:
"the animals live a good life".
"they get a humane death"
"we need meat/milk" etc...

And we learn it's right to love and take care of some animals but others we should slaughter.
Why? Well to this day I haven't heard a good argument for why they should be treated differently.

Wish you luck :)

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

@Michael569 +1 Basically agree with all the points, this is what being vegan looks like you can get used to the new ways easily I think, some people will not like the change in you but that will always happen.

When it rains, it pours like hell.
-Insomnium

My blog: dragallur.wordpress.com

I like being vegan. 

• My body feels great and light. I actually feel like jumping and running all the time. Because of this I got inspired to pick up Freerunning and do Calisthentics
  • I love animals and feel more connected to them than ever before
  • Vegans eat real good, like REAL GOOD. Meals are so damn tasty.
  • Food gives me energy and I look forward to eating, rather than taking time out of my day to eat and waiting long before it has settled to start being productive again
  • I learned to cook my own food and I feel really excited to find more recipes and explore stuff
  • Fuck being vegan is awesome

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

I’ve been both vegetarian and vegan for over a year now and I feel incredible. The benefits are too many to put down, and others have said the benefits already.

you need to take a B12 suplement

you need to eat enough calories

you need to plan ahead more, as I’ve found anyway.

try to eat as much raw food as possible, cooking any food kills the food and takes out nearly all the nutrients.

More and more people are becoming aware that eating animals just isn’t good for the human body, in fact it’s like slowly committing suicide. 

I always thing to myself, to keep me on this path, why the hell are we eating animals in the first place?!?!? We should of just left them alone!

Best book to wake anyone up and go vegan imo is ‘the pleasure trap’

read it and it’ll change the way you think about food altogether.

peace!

1 hour ago, egoeimai said:

@sgn i think for me it was because previously I may had already low levels cause of inability to absorb 

I see :)

35 minutes ago, RawJudah said:

try to eat as much raw food as possible, cooking any food kills the food and takes out nearly all the nutrients.

You sure? :)

Vegans: The epitome of malnourishment 

This seems a bit extreme but is definitely thought provoking.

@Slade Thought-provoking?

What about the extreme examples of SAD diet? Obesity? Heart dis-eases and heart bypass surgeries? Auto-immune dis-eases... Etc.?

It's okay :) 

I'm not interested in debating.

Life is learning curve. If we were all perfection, then there simply would be no room for expansion, and therefore no reason to being here. We need to be ready for the light, otherwise it is too much too fast.

But... Seriously? Malnourished? Dr. Nun S. Amen Ra - VEGAN Dead-Lift WORLD RECORD HOLDER:

Yes... I know, I'm playing the game too. I just couldn't resist :P 

Also, @Michael569, fair post. I like that you presented the cons first, as you were honest and up-front about the realities of eating clean. Cheers brother!

@ppfeiff don’t get me wrong, I think vegan can definitely be healthier than eating fast food all the time. Buuuut, there is no fucking way that guy in the video eats what he says he eats. Haha I watched it, he said he’s between 1000-1500 calories per day. That would be enough for someone to maintain under 100lbs of body weight. Prisoners in Hitlers concentration camps ate about 1000 calories per day and look at them. He looks more like he’s 150-160lbs which means he’d have to consume over 2000 calories a day to just maintain that body weight, let alone grow. I’m 190 and I have to eat 2800 just to maintain this weight and I’m still thin because of my height. There’s no way he can be that muscular for 15 years on such a low calorie diet. There’s even other vegans on YouTube debunking this guy. 

@Slade Doesn't change the fact that he's Vegan, AND a World Record Holder for his class in Drug-Free Dead-Lifting.

Edited by ppfeiff
Wording

10 minutes ago, ppfeiff said:

@Slade Doesn't change the fact that he's Vegan, AND a World Record Holder for his class in Drug-Free Dead-Lifting.

I’m skeptical if he’s even a vegan if he lies about how many calories he eats. But hey maybe he is, I guess it’s cool how much controversial information there is out there. I hope we all find the truth someday both in nutrition and spiritually of course.

@Slade

4 minutes ago, Slade said:

I hope we all find the truth someday both in nutrition and spiritually of course.

Same brother :)

Hi      @egoeimai @Michael569 @sgn @Nahm @Dragallur @Max_V @Ether @RawJudah @Slade @ppfeiff

Awesome day to all of You ...

Thanks for the informations,

I think I am going to consult a doctor about How to arrange My meals,

On 23.02.2018 at 6:14 PM, Michael569 said:

could become more expensive

-I am in Iraq, I think it will not be more expensive for Me, Prices potatoes 3kg (1.25$-1.5$), Tomatoes 3kg (1.25$), Cucumber 3kg (1.25$),

Banana 1kg (1.25$), Red apple 1kg (0.8$)Orange 1kg (0.8$),  ............. but in the other hand Chicken Breast 2.5kg (8$-11$),

On 23.02.2018 at 7:46 PM, Nahm said:

At the same time, non of the animals are real

- What do You mean by that ???!!

On 23.02.2018 at 11:55 PM, egoeimai said:

i think for me it was because previously I may had already low levels cause of inability to absorb

I wish You will recover very soon ...