Monkey-man

Tip: You were born with specific LP

31 posts in this topic

@Monkey-man I understand where you’re coming from a lot better now, thanks. On the actuality of love comments, it experiential, but anyone can experience. May take years or decades. Also, if I came across like I’m trying to belittle the notion of having a lp, I apologize, and came across wrong. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm Do you have an lp?

After reading reports of enlightened folk, and their absolute immersion in the present moment (i.e., no more longterm planning or goal setting), I really question if pursuing an lp even makes any sense. It seems that those that are completely connected to the divine so to speak (i.e. enlightened), aren't even clear on what direction their lives are to go in the future, let alone in the present moment. So why assume the unenlightened folk need to search within for some kind of direction if the enlightened don't even know themselves? There is no purpose to life, and attaching meaning to anything only adds to the suffering of the individual. In this sense, I agree with your statement before the shared poem.

Edited by ppfeiff

19 minutes ago, ppfeiff said:

Do you have an lp? 

What’s your meaning for life purpose? Do you mean a desire to do something that I was born with, a career, goals, planning experiences? 

After reading reports of enlightened folk and their absolute immersion in the present moment (i.e., no more longterm planning or goal setting)

I do long term planning. I do set goals. I do these things in the present moment. I enjoy planning. I like getting better at relativity. The more Ianalyzing & planning I do, the more I can “see” / vision. I don’t have a ‘live in a cave’ or ‘I’m done’ mentality. I want everything. Awareness is separated from my thinking, so I don’t have an issue of attachment, or emotional ups & downs in my days.

I really question if pursuing an lp even makes any sense. It seems that those that are completely connected to the divine so to speak (i.e. enlightened), aren't even clear on what direction their lives are to go in the future, let alone in the present moment. So why assume the unenlightened folk need to search within for some kind of direction if the enlightened don't even know themselves?

I agree. Assuming is not helpful. Sorry if I insinuated you need to do that. You’re you, so who cares about what other people think or do. Take what helps you, leave the rest, appreciate the variety.

There is no purpose to life, and attaching meaning to anything only adds to the suffering of the individual. In this sense, I agree with your statement before the shared poem.

I’m not a ‘purpose’ thinker, I’m a ‘wanted’ thinker, but that’s very relative to my age and my experiences. Just living this life to the fullest pursuing what I want is fullfilling enough for me. I want a lot. I pursue a lot. I run 6 miles every morning, I have fun no all day, with everyone, wether I’m ‘working’ or ‘practicing’ or ‘helping’, etc. All fun. I have no energy left in my body when I go to bed. I use it all. I’m well aware I’m not this guy who types, I don’t experience a conflict in this, nor in saying this directly. I love this guy, I love being this guy, and I have his back 24/7. I’m aware people find those statements odd, possibly “unelightened”. That’s not really my business. I’m already resolved, internally speaking. I love life. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@BjarkeT

cal newport is really dogmatic about not following your passion. really looks like he was pushing an agenda about that. rest of the book I like, but when he said that passionate ppl arent as happy, if you look at the study he references, it was a poorly related study with a sample size of less than 24 people. 

btw, why do you say that elon musk and albert einstein were not passionate about their fields? 

and Brian Johnson (the guy you linked in the video) is all about following your passion & bliss 

listen to newports argument on why not to follow your passion and see if it holds up against reality 

with love 

Edited by d0ornokey

You can use astrology to figure out life purpose (in an abstract sense) now, based on North Node placement.

Edited by Haumea

@d0ornokey where did I say they didn't follow their passion? i said that it looked like they have achived a meaning full career and likely had passion for what they did i did say life could still be hard on them even if they did have passion but thats because they are seperate things(passion and emotional difficult things in life)

cal newport does say you should follow your passion but not in the way most people think about it if you listen to the audio interview he says that he does want people to end up passion about what they do but he thinks the equantion is backwards 

the way he talks about it is that most or some people think that passion come first but he says that it comes after getting good at something and then you get passion as a side effect (brian johnson also agress with this in the video) not before if you think you get passion first you are likely to end up less happy than if you did from getting good at something there is a lot of reasons behind it for example if you just do what you do you may like what you do but without getting good at anything what do you have to offer the world with what you do? + its easy to be replaced by someone better than you and you may not be valuable to the economy but if you are so good they can't ignore you nobody can replace you (in theory) and there is things like control, impact creativity in your field which if i understood correctly helps increase your passion for what you do if you want those things you need something to offer in return which is where getting good at what you do also comes in without having anything to offer its likely you won't get these things in your working life there was also a lot of people who had anexity or worried about finding their passion but it was not until they first got really really good at what they did that it became clear for them cal also says that the research shows that we get satisfaction from being good at something if you just follow your passion and don't get good at it then you will end up less happy than those who does get good at what they do because you don't have anything to be satisfied over or that much in a way where would the satisfaction come from? how many can replace john williams, elon musk, bill gates etc? and how would you be able to replace them without getting really really good?

I have listened a lot to cal newports arguments to see if they hold up to reality and so far I haven't found anything that seems to goes against them besides those he mention himself in the book where the craft man mindset doesn't always work things like if you work with people you don't like or doing something you think is meaningless or it has a negative impact on the world but that doesn't disprove what he says it just says that if you have those things you may want to switch to an other job you like more and then get good at that instead most if the things that goes against what he says seems to be ego defense mechanisms and not actual evidence  

also the study isn't the only example he list basicly every chapter in the book have some examples 

daniel pinks book drive which cal newport reference too in the book also goes in detail about this but more from a motivation perspective 

https://slooowdown.wordpress.com/2012/02/05/summary-of-drive-by-dan-pink-summarised-by-paul-arnold-trainer-facilitator-paul_arnoldme-com/

Edited by BjarkeT

That was an amazing read man!

My LP was revealed to me 5 years ago in the form of a vision. Up until that point, I had been suffering from severe anxiety and depression for all my adult life.  And then, one night, without any warning, I saw an image of what I should be doing in life. As soon as the vision came, a powerful electric shock hit me at the base of my skull. BANG, I KNEW. Two hours later, I walked into a store and bought for 500$ worth of gear for the mission. Three months later, I dropped out of college on a whim. For the first time in my life, I was not asking questions or trying to understand things intellectually, I was simply executing on what felt right and true. It's like something had grabbed me and made me go insane.

Five years later, after many trials and almost going bankrupt, the vision has finally been realized. I'm now self-employed, on the path to mastery, giving my gift and starting to make some good money. I know my LP will probably evolve with time, but for the moment, I'm right on it. OP talked about the soul being in charge of our LP and I think he's right. I feel my soul profited from a slight crack in my ego to show ''me'' my LP on that curious night. It's like it said : ''Ok, you've suffered enough already. Let me show you something that will blow your mind and expand your heart.'' Thinking about it today, there were many clues in my childhood and my adolescence that pointed towards my LP. 

Finally, I feel LP is something that we have to surrender to more than something that we have to find. 

Edited by martin_malin