Patang

the ego/mind is false, and should be thrown right out of the window!

51 posts in this topic

the ego/mind is the a self-appointment CEO of the "self". from childhood it picked up all kind of stuff from the surrounding environment; imprints and beliefs, as a core identification of the "self". yet anther stuff was created in-house by the ego/mind, based on the "self"s core identification. so, here we are, trying to get rid of all that staff, to fire the CEO and close the company, good riddance!, are not we?

Edited by Patang

14 minutes ago, Patang said:

the ego/mind is the a self-appointment CEO of the "self". from childhood it picked up all kind of stuff from the surrounding environment; imprints and beliefs, as a core identification of the "self". yet anther stuff was created in-house by the ego/mind, based on.the "self"s core identification. so, here we are, trying to get rid of all that staff, to fire the CEO and close the company, good riddance!, are not we?

That work you speak of: who's agenda is that? It is Ego pulling the carpet it stands on. 

Do not focus on on the opposing statement I produced but on the possibility of making one. That is the reality I seek. Let the mind come and go.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

10 minutes ago, tsuki said:

It is Ego pulling the carpet it stands on.

what i wrote is from the no-self perspective, where the ego simply does not exist, hence cannot do anything, even not to pull the carpet it stands on.

A no-self perspective wouldn't care to have a self. 

Don't get too hung up on words, I give up the quest to make you give up your quest. Peace!

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

After enlightenment you still expressing yourself as persona,

work for a clean ego tool

Edited by Vingger

One’s center is not one’s center, it is the center of the whole. 

And the ego-center is one’s center.

That is the only difference, but that is a vast difference.- 

1 hour ago, tsuki said:

I give up the quest to make you give up your quest. Peace!

my quest is quite over. the quest cannot be undone, and so is yours. Peace! undoubtedly!!!... and live long and prosper ??

@Vingger 

when someone refers to the writer of the things i wrote, as a persona, the only way i can respond to that someone, is by using a temporary persona. live long and prosper ??

Edited by Patang

@Patang ?, i meant persona is inevitable

3 minutes ago, Vingger said:

i meant persona is inevitable

in conducting any relationship between human being, persona is a must.

then we understand each other, love for you too

Basically, what you're doing is realizing that what you believe you are is not what you really are.

Beliefs about reality, or what I call conceptual-truth, is twisting reality into something that reality is not.

And instead of questioning our beliefs, we assume reality tracks our beliefs.  Pretty big assumption huh?

But when you start to look at these beliefs (and the cultural milieu in which these beliefs arose), you'll realize the error in this presumptive belief that reality tracks our beliefs, concepts, paradigms about it.  There seems to be this presumption that we can conceptually-know reality.  But is that true or just a lingering cultural fantasy?

What if our beliefs about reality are very wrong?  What if reality is something that we're not used to thinking -- and even worse -- what if reality is something that cannot be grasped, captured, or encapsulated by thought at all!

(1) Do beliefs about reality have anything to do with reality?  

(2) What is the best way to get to know reality?

(3) Is there a difference between knowing reality and being reality?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Thought has its place in practical matters just not the psychological realm?

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

you'll realize the error in this presumptive belief that reality tracks our beliefs, concepts, paradigms about it.

and then you throw it right out of the window. this is fairly the last one, and it is done just after you threw all the other beliefs you have ever believed in. the same goes with imprints. all this is done prior to the ego/mind dismissal. reality has nothing to do with the system of the human beliefs.

5 hours ago, Faceless said:

Thought has its place in practical matters just not the psychological realm?

The thought that has it's place in practical matters is the thought that believes in practical matters. Ie, it is the very thinking, placement, creation, of itself in such a location.

9 hours ago, Patang said:

the ego/mind is the a self-appointment CEO of the "self". from childhood it picked up all kind of stuff from the surrounding environment; imprints and beliefs, as a core identification of the "self". yet anther stuff was created in-house by the ego/mind, based on the "self"s core identification. so, here we are, trying to get rid of all that staff, to fire the CEO and close the company, good riddance!, are not we?

Good Riddance indeed

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

It's just a function. Its nothing to fight and not an enemy. Yes, the mind is sort of "false" in a way but fighting just creates resistance to what is.

Resistance to what is creates a messy mind.

Just let it be what it is, you dont have to identify with it.  Don't trick yourself.

27 minutes ago, dorg said:

The thought that has it's place in practical matters is the thought that believes in practical matters. Ie, it is the very thinking, placement, creation, of itself in such a location.

If becoming a vegetable is your life purpose, then go ahead, throw away the mind :) 

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

2 minutes ago, Shin said:

If becoming a vegetable is your life purpose, then go ahead, throw away the mind :) 

How did you get that from what was said?

2 minutes ago, dorg said:

How did you get that from what was said?

Nevermind, in my mind you were the op :) 

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

and if that sounds harsh and radical to you, how do you think the way to enlightenment seems like? is it like walking in the park?, a part time job?, a magical journey of self realization?

no! it is a committed quest, a long and agonizing work sometimes, a full time job 24/7 with no relief on the horizon. 

yes, it is a story, but not just a story, it is the story. it is the radical deed anyone will ever do in his lifetime, way beyond what one perceived as a human limitation.

Edited by Patang