Charlotte

Arrogance

51 posts in this topic

The more people I speak to or listen to that claim they are on their path to enlightenment or self actualisation the more I'm seeing a recurring trait of Arrogance. 

Shouldn't it be the opposite? What's this about?

I genuinely believed with self actualisation and ego transcendence work came a new understanding and compassionate approach to all :| from where I'm standing some people just don't have the time of day for other people that aren't where they're 'at'. I'm not going to lie it's a little bit disheartening as you look to these people for advice/perspective. 

Do you just look past these people and move on?

“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it”

Arrogant in what sense?  All of us are arrogant in life:  some of us just choose to not see it in ourselves. Reality has arrogance in it.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

4 minutes ago, Mighty Mouse said:

Yeah don't give 'em the time of day...

I can do that, thanks :)

6 minutes ago, Neo said:

“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it”

Do you mind if I steal this? I think it's a beautiful quote.

5 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Arrogant in what sense?

In what's sense, in many ways. Hard to describe really... Say like, so self confident in their knowledge it comes off as arrogance or say you aren't where they are at in your personal development journey so they don't give you the time of day or they act like they just know more than you so then talk to you like your dumb and talk down to you. Many more examples but I'm struggling to put it into words but that kind of theme really. 

1 minute ago, Mighty Mouse said:

I think you mean the sense of smug superiority, no?

YES, exactly!

I thought smug would come under the same definition maybe. 

@Charlotte

It could be many things other than arrogance as well. Its only words on screen after all and you can read them with hundreds of tones and moods.

The same text induces fear in some, the desire to start verbal war in some, the desire to agree and glorify it in some, the desire to self reflect in some etc.

If your orientation isn't right, its so easy to get busy with distractions and get hurt. I know I should be taking this advice myself. :)

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

18 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

In what's sense, in many ways. Hard to describe really... Say like, so self confident in their knowledge it comes off as arrogance or say you aren't where they are at in your personal development journey so they don't give you the time of day or they act like they just know more than you so then talk to you like your dumb and talk down to you. Many more examples but I'm struggling to put it into words but that kind of theme really. 

That’s why I was reluctant about asking about a spiritual teacher on here.  There are people who will say horrible things in that kind of setting.  It’s as if a spiritual teacher is threatening their beliefs or Ego.  Then the knives come out.  And it’s so easy to project all kinds of things on a spiritual teacher.  Especially one who hasn’t been blessed by the group.  This is a community on here, with all the trappings of one, I’ve slowly come to realize.   

Edited by Joseph Maynor

16 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

You could be projecting.

But if you're sure that's not the case, just let them be, and find people that are actively working to get their ego in check.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Charlotte When you point out people in the world, you mean parts of yourself that you don't face.

Arrogance and humility is the same energy (polarity).

Having the humility to accept our arrogance, rather than pretending being someone else.

We are in mirror, it's a topic I'm working on too :)

Special @Joseph Maynor "video on point to watch" :

Edited by Soulbass

1 hour ago, Preetom said:

@Charlotte

It could be many things other than arrogance as well. Its only words on screen after all and you can read them with hundreds of tones and moods.

The same text induces fear in some, the desire to start verbal war in some, the desire to agree and glorify it in some, the desire to self reflect in some etc.

If your orientation isn't right, its so easy to get busy with distractions and get hurt. I know I should be taking this advice myself. :)

I appreciate your advice completely and your absolutely right... I was also referring to YouTube video's also, not just text but yeah, definitely see what you mean

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

That’s why I was reluctant about asking about a spiritual teacher on here.  There are people who will say horrible things in that kind of setting.  It’s as if a spiritual teacher is threatening their beliefs or Ego.  Then the knives come out.  And it’s so easy to project all kinds of things on a spiritual teacher.  Especially one who hasn’t been blessed by the group.  This is a community on here, with all the trappings of one, I’ve slowly come to realize.   

I get what your saying. 

1 hour ago, Shin said:

You could be projecting.

But if you're sure that's not the case, just let them be, and find people that are actively working to get their ego in check.

I'm definitely not projecting in this instance but thanks for bringing up as a possibility. 

1 hour ago, Soulbass said:

@Charlotte When you point out people in the world, you mean parts of yourself that you don't face.

Arrogance and humility is the same energy (polarity).

Having the humility to accept our arrogance, rather than pretending being someone else.

We are in mirror, it's a topic I'm working on too :)

Special @Joseph Maynor "video on point to watch" :

Can you say this is 110% always the case?

"Special @Joseph Maynor "video on point to watch"...

? made me chuckle. 

8 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

.. I was also referring to YouTube video's also, not just text but yeah, definitely see what you mean

Our reality/present moment experience is heavily influenced by our beliefs/moods/thoughts/the part of our 'personality' which is present at that exact moment. In fact, there could be no 'real' substance behind our perceptions other than our interpretations of it.

As a kinda shy, introvert guy I've always felt insecure and fearful when I came across someone totally extrovert and vocal. What induces fear in me is just a natural expression for these extrovert people.

Btw I love how you respond to others in a polite manner while keeping many possibilities open. Not a very common trait over the internet :$

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Charlotte Enlightened people(myself included) often know how hard it is to get to full enlightenment. Here are some crucial factors..

*Dedication, you must be a discipline and a fully dedicated once. Women haven't that capability for obvious reasons (They are good with other things thought) 

*Time, financial freedom. You must have independence of some sort, both socially but most important financially. Now you own your time and meditation sessions. If I see a low life girl working a uneducated 9-5 job, well, no offence, but she will not make it, it's not about arrogance. 

*You must have good genetic share in genetic lottery. Obviously women are not suited for this, even if there's exceptions. Buddha, Jesus, Muhammed, Ramana Maharashi, Kirsnamurti, Osho, Sadhuru, etc etc are men and men only. 

So, good luck all, I wish you good luck, but I don't invest a single minute in it because I don't believe in it, and therefore I might look and behave like an arrogant prick. 

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

Women were slaves for the last 2000 years, so you just can't compare, they were seen as animals with the capacity to speak until the last century.

There is a lot of women that are teachers nowadays, and they are mostly free of our grasp now, so it will only increase in numbers.

I don't see how they can't do it, they have other advantages that we don't have natively.

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

3 minutes ago, Mighty Mouse said:

Women can speak??? :o

Yeah, shoking right ?

Apparently I heard they can also use a car, but that seems like a whole new level of bullshit ...

God is love

And God in them

8 minutes ago, Mighty Mouse said:

Women can speak??? :o

Look around Mouse! World is a mess, obviously they can speak. 

Shin just ended his fap-carrier, that's why he's so calculated polite towards them. ;)  

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

@Charlotte  "They" are not true self actualizers they are like fake alphas who try to show everyone they are alpha but if they are they wouldnt need to show it..."they" misunderstood this path....

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

3 hours ago, Preetom said:

Our reality/present moment experience is heavily influenced by our beliefs/moods/thoughts/the part of our 'personality' which is present at that exact moment. In fact, there could be no 'real' substance behind our perceptions other than our interpretations of it.

As a kinda shy, introvert guy I've always felt insecure and fearful when I came across someone totally extrovert and vocal. What induces fear in me is just a natural expression for these extrovert people.

Btw I love how you respond to others in a polite manner while keeping many possibilities open. Not a very common trait over the internet :$

Yeah, I fully agree with what your saying. So, in that case then, it's all in my head BUT what else do I have? How else am I supposed to interact and communicate with other beings?

Haha thank you! ^_^

3 hours ago, MarkusSweden said:

@Charlotte Enlightened people(myself included) often know how hard it is to get to full enlightenment. Here are some crucial factors..

*Dedication, you must be a discipline and a fully dedicated once. Women haven't that capability for obvious reasons (They are good with other things thought) 

*Time, financial freedom. You must have independence of some sort, both socially but most important financially. Now you own your time and meditation sessions. If I see a low life girl working a uneducated 9-5 job, well, no offence, but she will not make it, it's not about arrogance. 

*You must have good genetic share in genetic lottery. Obviously women are not suited for this, even if there's exceptions. Buddha, Jesus, Muhammed, Ramana Maharashi, Kirsnamurti, Osho, Sadhuru, etc etc are men and men only. 

So, good luck all, I wish you good luck, but I don't invest a single minute in it because I don't believe in it, and therefore I might look and behave like an arrogant prick. 

I genuinely don't understand why you've made this about the sex of a person. 

1 hour ago, NoSelfSelf said:

@Charlotte  "They" are not true self actualizers they are like fake alphas who try to show everyone they are alpha but if they are they wouldnt need to show it..."they" misunderstood this path....

Very true! Also, I think in some people's case's they create this alternative spiritual ego and it just reeks of BS

@Charlotte I think there are also "Psychological Territory" factors at play. Like a lion, that marks his area by peeing at a tree, so people want to be special and mark their mental territory by expressing what they know, and how developed they are. Much like emo kids in highschool. What they actually doing is just mentally pissing at a tree

16 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

Very true! Also, I think in some people's case's they create this alternative spiritual ego and it just reeks of BS

You just don't understand, they had a rough childhood ...

bb22060b79fd8c556a3e369c4622a522.jpg

God is love

And God in them