Kevin Dunlop

Infinite reality - How do we stay on the blissful side of reality?

23 posts in this topic

If we are in a field of infinite possability there are alot of options bouncing around out there that one can living out. At times I feel like some people are caught up in some unpleasant possabilities and cant get out on their own. How do you make sure you are living a part of the infinite possabilities that you want to be living? Do you use a defense against having others bounce their unpleasant reality onto you? Sometimes I feel like people are reaching out for help and they do this by doing negative things to others that were done to them as a way of involving others in the process of learning how to better oueselves as a group.  If you have had some unpleasant reality set up for you how do you switch over to one that you want to be living, and keep others from bouncing bad times on you as they learn their way to a better life?

I will do my best to answer this question..

The work that needs to be done for the betterment of the world and people around you is your self realization.

For a very long time I struggled with the frustration of wanting to spread my light with those around me.. I would try to reach out to help ease their suffering but in return I saw no change within them. One day I finally came to the realization that I was doing this all wrong so I began the process  of meditating on this very attachment that I was clinging to. I detached from it and began turning the work back within myself (if that makes any sense) I filled myself with so much love and compassion that I didn't need to purposefully project that to anyone. It poured out of me with no effort and only then did people begin to approach me seeking the truth.. 

So in summary, the absolute best way to help those in this world who suffer is to look within and realize your own truth. Deep down everyone wants to live in peace and bliss, if you provide that within yourself they will seek it..

@Kevin Dunlop By practicing consciousness and love every day. You must have practices in place every day which build up your consciousness and ground you in the Absolute.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

@Kevin Dunlop By practicing consciousness and love every day. You must have practices in place every day which build up your consciousness and ground you in the Absolute.

Practices, routines, systems, techniques, and there structure prevent total conscious awareness. Conscious awarness or attention to the whole can not be a action of concentration “selection, exclusion”. It’s the action of total attention in which there is no observer but only observation... Also these mechanical routines strengthen the self, ego, or the entity you call the you. Any movement of the self prevents the action of love. Love can not be cultivated. 

Love is only when the center and its desire to become ceases.

10 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Practices, routines, systems, techniques, and there structure prevent total conscious awareness. Conscious awarness or attention to the whole can not be a action of concentration “selection, exclusion”. It’s the action of total attention in which there is no observer but only observation... Also these mechanical routines strengthen the self, ego, or the entity you call the you. Any movement of the self prevents the action of love. Love can not be cultivated. 

Love is only when the center and its desire to become ceases.

Seek until you no longer need to seek.  That's the best advice I've heard on point.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Kevin Dunlop Instead of bliss, consider love. Develop your love, do the practices, think of the best for yourself, and those you know. Thoughts of love. 

You don’t have to help a single person with anything. After contemplating on that for a bit, you’ll probably want to. 

Things like depression and anxiety can be a little contagious. Careful, and allow some recoup time for yourself. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Faceless So do it un-mechanically.

By your logic the most advanced yogis, monks, and Zen masters would be unconscious mechanical zombies merely because they have strict daily practices.

Mechanical routines CAN stifle consciousness when mindlessly executed. But they don't have to.

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Faceless So do it un-mechanically.

By your logic the most advanced yogis, monks, and Zen masters would be unconscious mechanical zombies merely because they have strict daily practices.

Mechanical routines CAN stifle consciousness when mindlessly executed. But they don't have to.

It’s not my logic. Discipline is not the product of imitation and comformity to a pattern/routine. Discipline is the result of order in thought. 

Masters lol 

??

Edited by Faceless

When you let go, paradoxically that’s where you’ll find the discipline.  Accept reality in the present moment.  Trying to control things is an illusion of the Mind.  Let go and just trust what happens.  Your biggest problem is getting in your own way -- like the sh*ttiest backseat driver.  Realizing this and practicing it is the end of seeking and the start of true awakening.  Just let go.  Don't identify with thoughts and emotions anymore.  Just don't.  You keep talking about it, but you never do it.  It takes a lot of surrender and acceptance of reality as it is to do it.  The Ego hates this and would rather spiritually-bypass in this work through more seeking.  You gotta have the balls to stop that!  Just stop it.  Now.

Video on point to watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbj4nLOPN8o

Edited by Joseph Maynor

7b573cf83d76718301a1fa0b8669f00b.jpg

Simple ^ I changed my whole reality by immersing myself completely on living the high vibration :) Yes it can be challenging at the start but the more you do it the easier and simpler it becomes and eventually it will be extremely difficult to lose your cool or fall for anything of lower vibration.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

28 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Masters lol

I'm seeing too much cockiness on this forum.

This is going to come back to bite you in the ass. This work is much deeper, broader, and more nuanced than you guys think. Just trust me on this.

No one here is even close to mastery level.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

This is going to come back to bite you in the ass. This work is much deeper, broader, and more nuanced than you guys think. Just trust me on this.

No advice is appropriate for everybody.  We are all at different levels and are speaking to different audiences.  I target certain people in my works.  Sometimes different audiences in different responses.   The cockiness is mostly just part of the artistry, part of the rhetoric of it, the zap to the soul.  It's style man, which is part of the artistry that you gotta accept.  You are pretty strong in your posts too, and cocky often to boot yourself.  So, let's not try to control reality too much here.  Trust that others than yourself might know something important in this work.  Stop needing to be the most enlightened person.  That's a role you're playing and projecting.  You're still clinging to that.  When you stop clinging in that manner, then you have shown growth on this issue.  I've been waiting for that for while with me and with you, two hotheads -- two self-proclaimed smarties.  Sorry to be so blunt Leo, but anything less would be a disservice to us both.   Know-it-all-ism is a huge trap in this work.  Same with creating a thought-dream where you're always the most enlightened person in the room.   Carrying that around with you is biting you in the ass.  Do you see that?  

Videos on point to watch:

Edited by Joseph Maynor

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Like I said before this is not work. It’s an art that requires all one’s energy. All day every day. 

It has nothing to do with cockiness. I’m not being cocky. I’m simply sharing something of value. You seem to assume there is knowone on this forum with anything insightful to offer. You also seem to not have a capacity to go beyond your own bias and prejudices which is a sign that you aren’t as “advanced” as you think. It’s not about being a master, expert, or whatever. It’s about living in truth. Beauty, joy, compassion, love. There are no masters/methods where there is truth. Where there is truth there is no you and I. 

Learning never ends friend. The only thing we need to go deep into is ourselves/thought. And that is what I want to share. Has nothing to do with you or I. It’s not a competition. Only those who are slave to measure play that game. 

I hope you see that getting caught in the reactionary process of measure only prevents  freedom from the self. 

Every method is bound/slave by limits of volition/will/thought. 

1 hour ago, Faceless said:

It’s not about being a master, expert, or whatever. It’s about living in truth. Beauty, joy, compassion, love. There are no masters/methods where there is truth. Where there is truth there is no you and I. 

You can't say it any better than this.  This is what almost every advanced student in this work is not getting.  They don't want to give up the Egoic life.  They want to be spiritual egos, which is a very well-known, well-studied, and well-talked-about trap.  But again, people are falling into this trap and not even conscious of it.  That's because the Ego doesn't really want to die.  Surprise!  It will do various kinds of deception in order to to stay alive.  We know this but don't really practice it.  We are spiritual egos not enlightened people by any stretch of the word.  Sometimes I wonder if the most enlightened people on here are the ones that almost never speak, never comment.  They're here, but rarely post.  They're the true Manta rays.  I like to believe that anyway, whether it's true or not -- it sounds good to me.  Maybe the most awake people are the ones who are the loudmouths, who knows.  Maybe its a mixture of both, none and either, etc.  Thought haha.  Language haha.  Certainty haha.  Need to know haha.  See?  Reality doesn't follow our silly little mental assumptions.  It's a gnarly trap to assume otherwise.  It's idealism in the true sense of the word: theoretical-idealism -- living in a thought-dream, not reality.  Almost all of use are not practicing right in this work, despite the back-slapping that our Ego likes to do.  We are screwing it up, not really doing it, not ever going to really do it either.  We don't want to surrender and give up the Ego.  It hurts too much.  So, let's not bullshit ourselves anymore please.  No more fantasies about this work.  Let's face facts.  Most people will never transcend the Ego -- THEY DON'T REALLY WANT TO.   What they want to do is be spiritual egos.  That should be deeply investigated and made peace with if it's something that is functioning for you.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

This is a thread about staying blissful surrounded by unpleasant realities....oh the irony.

Laughter can work.... haha

In my experience,

You have to ground yourself in consciousness. Clarity allows one to see the bigger picture. Ego Life is about growth and moving to a place in the world that resonates with your inner Being, physically, mentally, and spiritually. Unpleasant realities can be part of this growth process. I think during these unpleasant realities, we have to continue having hope and look for solutions to current circumstances, understand that nature is in constant motion.

Change is happening every moment. 

Some people get discouraged by difficult circumstances and this could lead to what Psychologists call "learned helplessness" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Learned_helplessness). If we are in bad circumstances, the best way to get through is to be positive, change the way you look at things, see the bigger picture, have hope, focus, grow, and best of all, meditate.

In addition, I think psychedelics can be a powerful tool to break people out of any mental patterns. It destroys ego and then builds it up again. 

@Kevin Dunlop  As long as there persists a exclusive self-identification as someone subject to 'bad times' from 'out there' then this will seem problematic. As that self-identity reactor is dispelled, so will its interpretation of 'bad times' from 'out there'.

On 6/2/2018 at 10:39 PM, Joseph Maynor said:

When you let go, paradoxically that’s where you’ll find the discipline.  Accept reality in the present moment.  Trying to control things is an illusion of the Mind.  Let go and just trust what happens.  Your biggest problem is getting in your own way -- like the sh*ttiest backseat driver.  Realizing this and practicing it is the end of seeking and the start of true awakening.  Just let go.  Don't identify with thoughts and emotions anymore.  Just don't.  You keep talking about it, but you never do it.  It takes a lot of surrender and acceptance of reality as it is to do it.  The Ego hates this and would rather spiritually-bypass in this work through more seeking.  You gotta have the balls to stop that!  Just stop it.  Now.

Video on point to watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbj4nLOPN8o

THanks, I am really glad for this advice. I just picked up on one of these points in a video and here again you mentioned it - things are as they are that is how they have to be - dont want it to be different. When I heard this I felt like laughing at the way I reacted to peoples criticisms etc. They are not going to stop and they shouldnt - Everything.. just go for it, I dont need to change a thing. Iam just laughing at my self :)