egoless

Where did consciousness come from?

88 posts in this topic

What is the source of consciousness? People usually ask where did god come from? Why same question is not applicable to consciousness? Yes we can know our nature as consciousness. Yes maybe everything is appearing in it. But since consciousness can be considered as the god where did it come from then? Is not it more logical that even consciousness would not exist? Why anything even exists? Don't tell me the consciousness is nothing. It is definitely something since we are all here... 

@egoless We figure it’s like other “things” that “come from somewhere”, but it just isn’t. Like a lepton to Canis Majoris. It’s really out there.... or in there...and both....... but of course more specifically, neither. Lol. It Is! 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

24 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@egoless We figure it’s like other “things” that “come from somewhere”, but it just isn’t. Like a lepton to Canis Majoris. It’s really out there.... or in there...and both....... but of course more specifically, neither. Lol. It Is! 

But this is theory. How do you check it in your own experience? Otherwise it becomes the belief... yes In my experience I am pure awareness which does not have limitations of the body/mind. But answering where did consciousness come from is beyond what I can check in my experience...

1 hour ago, egoless said:

What is the source of consciousness? People usually ask where did god come from? Why same question is not applicable to consciousness? Yes we can know our nature as consciousness. Yes maybe everything is appearing in it. But since consciousness can be considered as the god where did it come from then? Is not it more logical that even consciousness would not exist? Why anything even exists? Don't tell me the consciousness is nothing. It is definitely something since we are all here... 

This is all mental masturbation.  What is true?  There's awareness and what is happening.  

Watch:

Edited by Joseph Maynor

4 minutes ago, Will Bigger said:

Stop asking us and start asking yourself. 

I found no answers there. And I doubt there is one on this question.

Stop asking and contemplate for yourself. Don’t be lazy. Whatever answer you’re given is just more stories, heresay, and beliefs. Even if you are given “the answer” what is telling you going to do?

34 minutes ago, egoless said:

I found no answers there. And I doubt there is one on this question.

Your doubt is well-founded. Where could the only thing which is come from?

@egoless I did daily practices for 20 years, med, fitness, learning everyday, I never gave up on anything or anyone wether I knew them or not, and took maybe 20 trips. Hope that helps. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Where do questions come from?  Whose questions are they?  Whose answers are they?  How do the answers compare to truth?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

ABSOLUTE INFINITY!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura @egoless

So, You guys want to know the Secret.

I can share with you the Mind Of god(Consciousness). Experience. Thought. Intellect. Dimensions. The Relative Absolute

I can share with you the Intellect OF GOD(Source Of Consciousness). Consciousness Itself. The Absolute Absolute

I can share with you The Intellect Of The INTELLECT OF GOD. The Absolute Beyond All Absolutes

Consciousness within Thought. Thought WIthin CONSCIOUSNESS. INFINITY(beyond the word infinity) BEYOND TRUE CONSCIOUSNESS

That Is The SECRET.

Now There is much More Within The Secret. The SECRET WITHIN THE SECRET. The Secret Of Truth.

This Will Not Be Explained.

CHEERS.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

ABSOLUTE INFINITY!

What is the origin of absolute infinity? Are you saying that absolute zero equals to absolute infinity?

@egoless Hi Friend,

You do See that Your Idea Of Infinity Is Simply A Finite Concept.

Absolute ZERO And Absolute Nothingness Are One And The Same. If You Get What the Word Means.

Absolute Infinity Is Beyond The Concept Of Intellectual Understanding. It Is Even Beyond The Nature Of The Intellect.

It's the TRUTH Which Is Truly EVERYTHING Beyond Everything. So Now Is That Clear To You??

RIN. RIN. RIN.

@egoless In ontology, at some point, one has to draw the line at further reduction, otherwise it just becomes a problem of infinite regression.  Even if the model is materialism, there has to be some baseline, some principle source that doesn't come from some other source -- although materialist physicists really have no idea what that is exactly, having reduced it to a wave function within a quantum vacuum, nothing more than a mathematical deduction.  In Idealism, that principle source is Mind at large, or Cosmic Consciousness.  It is called the ontological primitive. In spiritual/religious terms, this then becomes the principle Being, which goes by various names of choice. It then depends on which metaphysics is preferred. However, again, no name can really suffice here, except insofar as it must be named to talk about it.  

@egoless If you glimpse the Absolute, you'd understand perfectly. Until then, not a chance.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Leo Gura If you glimpse the Absolute, you'd understand perfectly. Until then, not a chance.

curious to know based on your own research etc how many masters, enlightened people you think have actually got access to the absolute?

@Greatnestwithin Many, many of them.

Although it's really hard to gauge how deep their penetration was.

@Leo Gura I have glampsed it and it just was. There was no answer why or where did it come from. It just is.