MarkusSweden

Spiritual leader with first hand experience of raising a child

15 posts in this topic

I have always been very spiritual without even knowing about spiritual communities, enlightenment, gurus and such. I have no conceptual knowledge. But I always felt life is mysterious and magical. I often feel existential bliss. I feel deep connection with existential matters beyond what words describe. 

However, words and conceptual knowledge doesn't hurt. And now as a father I like to consume some teaching, since I don't want them to be bohemians yet not too adopted to mainstream society with all its toxic priorities and conventional way of living. 

But I find it hard to find a spiritual teacher that has children and therefore firsthand experience of upbringing. 

Leo has told us he has no children(yet) and Osho, Sadhguru, Tolle, Adyashanti and Mooji... none of them have have their own families, right ? 

Is there any teacher/guru that is a father? 

Might be a stupid question, but I am novice and all of this talk about "infinity" and "pure consciousness" doesn't appeal to me. Maybe later if I continue with teachings. As for now, I would love some pragmatic teachings for helping me out family wise. 

Thanks!

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

Edited by Vingger

One’s center is not one’s center, it is the center of the whole. 

And the ego-center is one’s center.

That is the only difference, but that is a vast difference.- 

Teach them about all these things we learn and share here, they are more than capable of understanding possibly even more than we can especially if we don't limit them or introduce them to systems that limit their full potential. I don't have kids but if i did i would home school them 100%.

The most free-open-minded children i know are all home schooled or never went to school or partake in many social systems. Introduce them to books you enjoy and teach them to meditate and observe how they respond, give them a lot of free access to nature/sunlight, the more the better. Gardening or any means of working with nature will also keep them connected to source.

Try to keep electronics away from them as long as you possibly can. Especially when young their minds need to exercise and electronics/devices/tv ect.. dismantle/re-shape/limit imagination and the brains ability to exercise and grow optimally.

Try to keep them away from artificial substances too, pharmaceuticals, vaccines, chemicals, lotions, creams ect.. at least look for (certified organic) if you have to use something anything that's unnatural in nature, if you want to build their immune system, allow them to be breastfed as long as possible, and allow them to play in the mud/dirt with pets, animals ect.. The healthiest adults today that never or rarely get sick had these similar lifestyles when they were younger.

Allow them to decide what they wanna eat and how they wanna live, don't force them with meat/dairy/wheat and processed foods, introduce fruit first then vegetables and see where they wanna go with that, their inner-wisdom will guide them to what they need if they are raised freely. All we have to do is simply be their guide as their energy is still very pure and unconditioned the energy is basically source purity. All parents have to do is guide them through day to day life that we are familiar with and they will teach us about spirituality/source.

Don't force any cultural or religious beliefs instead simply teach them to question everything and allow what makes most sense for them. Through meditation and connecting with nature they will naturally understand how things work and what is true and what is not. Let their imagination run wild, allow nature to be nature. 

These come to me naturally, from these you can add many other tree-points. The fundamentals are important, the rest will fall in place naturally.

B R E A T H E

I have always been very spiritual without even knowing about spiritual communities, enlightenment, gurus and such. I have no conceptual knowledge. But I always felt life is mysterious and magical. I often feel existential bliss. I feel deep connection with existential matters beyond what words describe. 

Um, I believe you are already there, Markus❤︎!! You know, some people are already born knowing~ and you seem very close indeed. The real teacher is already inside your heart of hearts. That is the absolute fact.

Otherwise, look into the classical Tibetan lineage. I say that only because Milarepa's teacher was married and had children.

Might be a stupid question, but I am novice and all of this talk about "infinity" and "pure consciousness" doesn't appeal to me. Maybe later if I continue with teachings. As for now, I would love some pragmatic teachings for helping me out family wise. 

That stuff that doesn't appeal to you is utterly trivial in that those elements become self-evident as one enters to that particular degree into the inconceivable. It really is not worth considering. The experiences that bear this out are what they are and have no intrinsic value outside of the subtle lessons you may very well be beyond in term of your subtlety of consciousness.

I have never had a family nor have I been married. It's neither good nor bad, but doing such as you have~ is your predilection. May I suggest that you might be more than ready to appreciate a certain translation of the Tao te Ching in that you may be able to penetrate its subtleties beyond the treatment it gets both by many writers and by the vast majority of readers whose approach is limited to culturally based humanity studies or perhaps recreational philosophy. 

While it could very well be considered a tome on psychology, the effect of the TTC, not to mention the thrust of all authentic awareness-based teachings spanning globally into pre-history pre-dating the classical periods of Greece and Rome basically ARE what Freudians consider their progeny— that is, deep psychology (sans the baggage).

The Tao te Ching is a profoundly deep revelation of what ancient taoists call "the celestial mechanism". I can usually gauge the overall bent of a TTC volume by reading the 16th chapter. To be sure, the TTC, properly transmitted, is a touchstone into the elemental vagaries of what taoism calls non-psychological awareness.

There are others, but you might consider the one translated by Red Pine, ISBN 1-56279-085-4 because not only is it a fine volume (to the satisfaction of my spare disposition), but as well, it is the only english translation with quotes of variously attributable Chinese commentary spanning some two thousand years.

ed note: add last five paragraphs

Edited by deci belle

Nana i ke kumu  Ka imi loa

Peter Ralston has a daughter.

I've met quite a few enlightened peeps who were married and had children.

Don't let your limiting beliefs stop you.

And watch out for your assumptions. Sadhguru has a daughter.

The founder of Kriya yoga was a householder with a family. (I don't mean yogananda but his master's master.)

Gandhi had like 5 children. Although I don't know how enlightened he was. Probably not very.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@MarkusSweden I just watched ‘How to raise rockstar kids’ last night. It’s fantastic! Check it out. Also, Ester Hicks is a mom and has lots of videos on YouTube about kids. My youngest is in kindergarten, my oldest is 23, and a chemist. I really don’t even remember not being a dad. I’m very lucky that way. Always see them blooming.     @Leo Gura, for what’s it’s worth, one guy’s vote here, have kids. You’d be a wonderful dad, and it opens the heart in it’s own unique way.   Remember....   the answer’s often.....both! ☺️

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@MarkusSweden I think Sadhguru has a daughter, and to be honest talks in depth about raising kids. A month ago I watched this talk and would recommend for you as well :

Definitely moving speech. He has some great insights. If you cant afford an hour watching this talk there are many more shorter videos on youtube. I feel like general message of his is this: do not pour garbage (basically anything) into the child's brain, as the intelligence within him/her will find its own authentic way of how to navigate through life. Best way to help kids is by being an example yourself of joy love and health :) Hope this helps

27 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Leo Gura, for what’s it’s worth, one guy’s vote here, have kids. You’d be a wonderful dad, and it opens the heart in it’s own unique way.   Remember....   the answer’s often.....both!

I already have you rascals to wrangle every day. Some of you here need a good belt-whipping :P

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Peter Ralston has a daughter.

I've met quite a few enlightened peeps who were married and had children.

Don't let your limiting beliefs stop you.

And watch out for your assumptions. Sadhguru has a daughter.

The founder of Kriya yoga was a householder with a family. (I don't mean yogananda but his master's master.)

Gandhi had like 5 children. Although I don't know how enlightened he was. Probably not very.

Thank you! I didn't know about Sadhguru. Just saw a you tube episode with Peter, really like him. You can say many bad things about internet, but you can indeed find some profound wisdom there as well. Thanks again!

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

1 hour ago, Vytas said:

@MarkusSweden I think Sadhguru has a daughter, and to be honest talks in depth about raising kids. A month ago I watched this talk and would recommend for you as well :

Definitely moving speech. He has some great insights. If you cant afford an hour watching this talk there are many more shorter videos on youtube. I feel like general message of his is this: do not pour garbage (basically anything) into the child's brain, as the intelligence within him/her will find its own authentic way of how to navigate through life. Best way to help kids is by being an example yourself of joy love and health :) Hope this helps

Thank you Vytas! I'll look into it when I have 1.5 hours over!

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I already have you rascals to wrangle every day. Some of you here need a good belt-whipping :P

Hehehe.....you should name your belt "Michael" and play the Michael Jackson song "Beat It" when you spank them.