LRyan

DREAMS ---Do they have great meaning?

21 posts in this topic

I was going to ask the question...how much significance do people place on their dreams?  They say that when a person dreams, their soul or spirit leaves their physical body to interact with the infinite.....you leave the limitation of your body behind and it is the true self/spirit that is in control.  It is to receive messages from those that are no longer limited by a body....

So are the dreams messages to us ....for us to interpret and learn from in our daily life? 

Personally, my mother passed away recently and I dream of her every night.  Most of my dreams involve catching her as she is falling down, sometimes my sister is close by but does not help me....... but last night the content of the dream has made me feel like I failed her in something that happened in the last week.  It had to do with dispensing her possessions.  She was telling me in my dream what to do with certain items and I was crying uncontrollably.  I'm interpreting this to mean that she is disappointed in me because most of her personal belongings, clothing, items that I had wanted donated, was picked up by my sister and brother in law and brought back to their home.  The items were supposed to be donated......... but they brought them to their garage and called his family who picked through her things like vultures.  My mother disliked my sisters husband very much and knew his family from many years ago when they stole from our family cottage.  My sister ended up marrying one of them and my mother never ever accepted him.  She said he was a con artist.  She never accepted him and said he brought my sister down through her life.

My agony is that I feel guilty that I let them pick her stuff up and then disperse it to his family.  My sister told me they were going to bring it in to different charitable organizations.  When it was all in her garage, she finally told me that they were going to call all his family to come and get what they wanted.  My mother was not close to my sister because of her husband so I'm wondering if that is what the meaning of the dream was....I felt dread the moment she told me what she had done with my mothers things....

Examine what you believe to be impossible, and then change your beliefs.

Dreams are a continuation of ones state of mind in there daily life. If there is psychological order in ones life dreams are a reflection of that therefore generally quiet, peascful, or from what I experience generally non existent. Yet if there is psychological disorder in ones life dreams are at times chaotic, sorrowful, stressful, frustrating, scary, and so on. Also if one is in a constant state of seeking various desires, gratification, pleasures, and so on this will lead to dreams that reflect those ambitions and so on. 

This is quite obvious to me. 

For a time I couldn't remember any dreams at all.  Now I wake up with anxiety over the dreams I'm having...

It makes sense what you're saying..

Dreams are a mirror of the mind's illusions. Quite powerful when you actively start to notice this. It can pinpoint blind spots within your consciousness that you would have otherwise overlooked. 

Just don't make it too big. Don't get lost in detailed analysis. It's not about the content of the dream, but your reaction to it. Simply when you wake up and remember the dream, start noticing the feelings/emotions that come up with it and completely allow these to be. In this way dreams can help you accept these areas of your life. You say that in your dreams you feel like you might have failed your mother. That's fine. Allow that too. It doesn't matter if you actually did or didn't. What matters is that you're fighting it. See, it's just putting a spotlight on those particular attachments of the ego. In the end, this will only help you grow. 

@DoubleYou Thanks so much for your input.  You put it in context for me and it is very helpful.   I see what you are getting at the main point is to allow what comes up and accept it.  It doesn't matter like you're saying IF i fell short in my mind's view or not.  I did what I did and that was the way it was supposed to happen....I believe now.

Thanks because I was creating suffering by only looking at this through the ego and the mind.  :)

Many people I consider to be high-conscious put forth the notion that our waking life is also a dream. I can conceptualize the idea, yet I still don't "get it" at a deeper level.

17 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Is that notion a conceptualization? 

Perhaps it's better to say I understand the English words, yet don't "get it" beyond the words. It is not my direct experience that my waking life is a dream. I experience it as if it was real. Similar to the phrase "You are not the body". I understand the words, yet my direct experience is still that the body is part of "I". I have had a few glimpses of the deeper meaning, yet it hasn't stuck.

@SerotoninluvNot seeing that the i is a fragment of thought is kinda like not being awake to the fact or that which is truth. Realty if not seen in its actual nature is like a dream world. Dream world of thought.

I Just try to keep everything simple and not fill “my” conciousness with anything of little or no Benefit. Simplicity is essential. ?

Edited by Faceless

dreams are hella fun though... especially if you can gain some bit of control

Oh yeah, dreams can be a window into the subconscious mind.  I’ve learned a lot about my fears and limiting beliefs by seeing patterns in my dreams basically recur over and over again.

@Faceless

On 2018-01-18 at 4:41 PM, Faceless said:

Dreams are a continuation of ones state of mind in there daily life. If there is psychological order in ones life dreams are a reflection of that therefore generally quiet, peascful, or from what I experience generally non existent. Yet if there is psychological disorder in ones life dreams are at times chaotic, sorrowful, stressful, frustrating, scary, and so on...

In my case I tend to have the most chaotic dreams BUT they are also always really pleasant. For example once I had a dream where I found a bloated corpse underwater in a tiny dark room in a rusty ship. Somehow it was still a good dream and I went on solving some puzzle by rotating the corpse and enjoyed myself, not noticing that this was supposed to be a bad thing.

Does this kind of dreaming say anything about my psychologial state? Would it mean that I'm bad or good at dealing with emotions? 

@OctafishLol crazy weird dream friend...

i wouldn’t say that. Mostly just not being aware of thoughts throughout the day. Whatever disorder of thought there is in the day just transfers over when asleep. I would say the pattern of disorderly thought just continues. 

Imagination just seems to be moving?

so I wouldn’t worry about the content of the dream necessarily. Just be more aware of thought throughout the day. Knowing when thought is moving and when it is not. Example, being aware of intervals between would be a start. 

If that makes sense. If you haven’t already investigate into what thought is. It’s cricial to know when thought is in motion and not. 

Edited by Faceless

@Faceless Thanks. I wasn't really worried, I enjoy my dreams a lot. I was mostly interested to see if you had some special dream knowledge haha

But when you mention it I don't think that I've really ever contemplated thought properly. That's a fun self deception trap, getting so impressed by learning that thought is something else than you thought that you just skip the personal investigation entierly. It's like something being so not obvious that it seems obvious that you take it for granted.

@LRyan I wonder about this. There is the ultimate no meaning, but meaning assigned, or meaning relative to the person dreaming and matter? I wonder. I had one dream in recent years, and it was about @egoless. Weird and funny right? The dream was like one of those rare immediate action inspirations, where you think about it after you do it. I woke up directly from the dream and sent a message to him. So, he’s in a position to weigh in on your topic I think. Perhaps it was a profound experience, perhaps it was meaningless. I do wonder. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@LRyan The Rinteraction is the Remedy of the Protective Mechanism in the Mind, and you must be Able to Cope with them Easily Otherwise They are put to a period of AFterShock that tampers with the timing of the LoADING OF RATIONAL MECHANISM OF Conscious Thinking and this can Make Your Thoughts Very Disempowering to you. In Order For Them To Relay Back The Bright REALIZATIONS Concealing it's true Material is a very Complicated Re-actinG ACtion To The Powers That might RAttle The Brain. ANYWAYS. You Will Reinspect Your Stories According To Yourself.

REEE...

Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's questions. - Edgar Cayce

B R E A T H E

@Kserkkj I don't really follow what you are saying here lol!