Slade

What’s your domain of mastery and why did you choose it?

34 posts in this topic

My domain of mastery is piano performance / composition and writing. 

I like this idea of 'sage mode'. I'm just imagining, after 50 years of consciousness work and piano mastery, would it be possible to enter 'sage mode' during a performance, and play with a level creativity never seen before? That touches people like none other? Only one way to find out. And then writing mastery to be able to share the journey there through blog posts, stories and novels, much like Leo is sharing his journey through videos. 

Edited by St Clair

describing spiritual artworks and music with Mathematics. I am striving towards making people's lives more magical, mysterious and peaceful through creating artworks and music with mathematics. Following the route that shamans, Sufis, and Indian sages, where they would alter people's consciousness with materialistic items. I envision one day, capturing, using mathematics, intuition, and meditation, the beautiful and elegant designs of temples like the Al-Mulk Mosque in Iran, and using it to give people a more beautiful life. Whether that happens doesn't matter, as long as I'm doing it I'm happy. 

Edited by electroBeam

On 28. Jänner 2018 at 7:47 AM, Max_V said:

@phoenix666 Fuck it being far fetched, let’s become sages! 

hahah, you're right, fuck it. let's become sages. love that! how is your journey going? <3

whatever arises, love that

Does riding my bicycle count ?

Edited by Soulbass

@phoenix666 Pretty good I'd say! Although having some trouble here and there

What I'm working on at the moment:

• conquering my anxiety and fear
  • doing consciousness work (meditating and self inquiring)
  • Reading books.  
  • working hard for school
  • Finding my life purpose
  • Eating clean, finding vegan meals and working out

I do have a bit of trouble with reading every day, I find that the Book of Not Knowing --which I'm reading atm-- is not a book I can read when my family is close by. I really need to go and sit alone to contemplate this stuff, which is quite difficult sometimes since I meditate and self inquire every day + work for school too every day, so I sometimes I get really short of time.

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

@Max_V wow, sounds incredible what you're able to juggle. you're still pretty young if you go to school, so chapeau! imagine your life 5-10-20 or even 30 years from now. incredible!

I'm pretty much working on the same stuff. self love and loneliness are big ones for me. I agree, it's hard to do all of this. it sometimes interferes with my studies for university. it's also hard doing all those things whilst mostly living with my parents9_9 I guess you know the struggle ;)

but hey - we're young. we're lucky we've found the path this young. ready for Leo's sage university <3

@phoenix666 Yes, I feel so blessed. 

I really have a vision for my life and start to get more insight into it, wheras before I just assumed that these things can’t be known and if I feel depressed or whatever, it’s not fixable.

But I still feel quite confused sometimes as to what to do, how much meditation I should do to have maximum effectiveness in 10 years, which steps to take.

This journey and looking into the future can be really overwhelming sometimes?

In the depths of winter,

- Albert Camus

@Max_V yeah, I feel you there. 

I've been running around with this question in my head 'what am i actually doing? what am I doing in life?' the last months. I still am. I've always been one to think about what my purpose is and what meaning I give to life. but an AL-LAD trip 2 months ago really took this question to its pinnacle. I seriously considered not knowing for the first time. not who I am, not what I am doing and not what I am here for. it was very powerful. like someone took away the floor under my feet.

it is overwhelming sometimes, you're so right, Max. that's why we need a powerful vision <3 I like Leo's approach so much because it's so broad, rich. it takes the best bits of everything, it's meta. a real sage university ;)

for me its is:

• unconditional love towards who ever stands in front of me and also for myself
  • health and wellbeing
  • gardening
  • living off the grid (-ish), and being more or less independent from society
  • romantic relationships
  • being

i have some interests in more "practical stuff" that actually earns money, but i wouldnt say it is an area that i really feel like mastering. i just want to be happy, cause the least amount of harm, live a simple life and help those who cross my path

@Shroomdoctor

Taking baby steps is something I really have a hard time with. When I want results, I want them fast, and I'm willing to work my ass off for them. 

That's one of my weak points I'd say, always neurotically striving for results, results, results.

@phoenix666

I wish I could do psychedelics too sometime. I'd really love to break through some of the crap that's blinding my view, it's something that I'm aware of every day, but I can't do anything about it. Can be quite frustrating sometimes.

I'm not in a place to do psychedelics though, first I want to become very grounded and imperturbable emotionally. If I'd take a psychedelic now, I would probably crash so hard, it would make me unstable. Emotionally I can't take much at the moment since for the first time, I'm gradually exposing all my weaknesses and working on them.

I guess I have to deepen my vision and find my purpose as soon as possible, so that neurotic striving for results can cease and I can start to become more trusting in my vision and learn to be okay with baby steps.

Edited by Max_V

In the depths of winter,

- Albert Camus

@Max_V yeah, baby steps are frustrating for me too, know that too well 9_9 I've always been very result-oriented. it's something that has been imprinted on me by my parents and society, specially at school and sports. very hard to unwire. spiritual work helps to change. it forces you to give up striving because the more neurotically you want things, the less it gives you. 

do them when they feel right to you. you seem really wise ;) exactly that's what's up. shrooms show you your weaknesses, fears and mistakes. and they show no mercy. they tell you exactly what you do wrong. at least, that was my experience. they are very direct, unmerciful teachers.