egoless

Law of attraction requires belief?

25 posts in this topic

I want to see the big picture analysis here. So basically for the consciousness work we are encouraged to burn our beliefs away. Beliefs need to go away like the layers of the onion to discover your core true nature. But what about law of attraction. According to it you need to strongly believe in manifestation, envision your success and goals. How do those two tie together. I want to fully tap into the potential of law of attraction. Soneone who has seen the profound benefits of loa can shine some insights on this? So is the belief a good thing or a barrier to self realization?!

It's a barrier, law of attraction is also a belief. Be honest; it is as it is. You leave everything and let everything be as it is. For example does God exist? You can say it is for itself what is true. It's that simple, now do that with all beliefs. Only I exist, the rest is for itself. You exist, and you perceive a world trough your senses, that's it. But why believe anything? Leave it.  Whatever is true is true, whatever is false is false. No matter what belief it is, if it is not in your direct experience it is false. Leave it. It doesn't exist. All beliefs are illusions, supported by mere language and logic.

Edited by Highest

2 minutes ago, Highest said:

It's a barrier, law of attraction is also a belief. Be honest; it is as it is. You leave everything and let everything be as it is. For example does God exist? You can say it is for itself what is true. It's that simple, now do that with all beliefs. Only I exist, the rest is for itself. You exist, and you perceive a world trough your senses, that's it. But why believe anything? Leave it.  Whatever is true is true, whatever is false is false. No matter what belief it is, if it not in your direct experience it is false. Leave it. It doesn't exist. 

Can’t agree on that. Law of attraction and visualization both work very profoundly. I see them as the way to tap into your true unlimited nature and shape your own reality. It certainly works in my experience. Seems like you are not experienced with this topic. Check tony robbins videos on it. 

I just wanted to clearify wether all beliefs are obstacles.

@egoless If it is in your experience then it works, but it doesn't exist in my experience. A belief is a belief, different from direct experience or what works for you or not. It's a difference to Believe and to Know.

35 minutes ago, egoless said:

I want to see the big picture analysis here. So basically for the consciousness work we are encouraged to burn our beliefs away. Beliefs need to go away like the layers of the onion to discover your core true nature. But what about law of attraction. According to it you need to strongly believe in manifestation, envision your success and goals. How do those two tie together. I want to fully tap into the potential of law of attraction. Soneone who has seen the profound benefits of loa can shine some insights on this? So is the belief a good thing or a barrier to self realization?!

Your belief in the truth does not make it true, the truth is true even if you don't believe in it. 

The law of attraction could very well be a fact that does not require belief. Someone who claims not to believe in the law of attractions is probably believing so from the negative side - they cannot use this law of attractions to help themselves. Ironically they end up believing no good could be attracted to them by not believing the good could come to them and then well.....no good comes to them

edit: now that I think about it everyone believes in it, they believe it works or they believe it doesn't, those that believe it does see the results of their belief and the others see the results of their opposite belief. Both come true

Edited by star ark
clarification

Just now, Highest said:

@egoless If it is in your experience then it works, but it doesn't exist in my experience. A belief is a belief, different from direct experience or what works for you or not. It's a difference to Believe and to Know.

But I’m saying that LoA requires you to imprint yourself with belief for it to manifest in reality. I know that LOA works because everything is informed by the same consciousness...

LoA gives you what you need or are destined for underneath the ego, so it does not work for egoic pursuits unfortunately.

giphy.gif

Let whatever unfold but as a second thought, and hold it loosely in your fingers.

Just be.  

And feel deeply whatever comes up.

And just be.  

Give LoA a quick glance, it's there right now.

But once you look back it's no longer at your fingertips.  You see?

Just be. ❤

FD20131025_134612.gif

Feel this song deep into your chest as you breath.  A feeling of determined truth. Soul! ?

Edited by Annetta

50 minutes ago, Annetta said:

LoA gives you what you need or are destined for underneath the ego, so it does not work for egoic pursuits unfortunately.

Given that LOA is the law responsible for the total of everyone's experience, that's not strictly true.

That would imply that egoic pursuits somehow aren't governed by the LoA. But the LoA doesn't judge ego as bad.

If someone is being run by ego, they'll get egoic experiences. That's what most of our culture is.

But if someone decides they want to move up and be driven by something more, they'll get that. It's all your choice.

@egoless

Yup, just another friendly paradox.

More open-mindedness and seeing through your belief structure actually leads to more confidence.

Understand that lack of confidence ultimately comes from not understanding your true connection to Source / The universe. When you still think you're this isolated person, everything seems uncertain and like it couldn't work out for you.

The more you burn away the delusion of ego (your current belief structure) and connect with Source, the more you realize at a deep level you are the total creator of your experience.

So then when you say "I want X" or "I am Y", there's no wavering or doubt that will happen. What couldn't you manifest when you have a direct line to God?

Think about Jesus walking on water. Whether or not you believe that happened, the point is that Jesus KNEW so deeply he was one with God that he didn't hesitate to think he could walk on water.

People who don't get this see it as being delusional. How could anyone have that much faith in themselves?

But those people are still stuck in the egoic paradigm of the world where they think they have to do everything.

@aurum Interesting.  I tried to convey this but couldn't really figure out how to word it and chucked the paragraph out.

"Given that LOA is the law responsible for the total of everyone's experience, that's not strictly true."

Yeah! That's still a major blindspot for me.  Researching that right now actually,  maybe that's LoA.

First of all, let’s organize things a bit.  Law of Attraction is a word that is associated with a number of loosely similar concepts that you have been exposed to.  Now, the question is, where do these concepts live in Enlightenment theory, such that they serve some kind of useful aim to you.  Well, recently I had an insight that might fit this bill.

I realized that there’s a Law of Attraction like effect with tightly held beliefs.  When you cling tightly to an Ego of beliefs, or a system of beliefs, judgments will happen as a result.  And those judgments will effect actions and also corroborate the beliefs.  So, there’s where the fox is chasing its own tail.  Do you see it?  That’s why loosening up beliefs is so critical in this work.  Strong beliefs, judgments, and Ego all feed off and reinforce each other.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

2 hours ago, aurum said:

@egoless

Yup, just another friendly paradox.

More open-mindedness and seeing through your belief structure actually leads to more confidence.

Understand that lack of confidence ultimately comes from not understanding your true connection to Source / The universe. When you still think you're this isolated person, everything seems uncertain and like it couldn't work out for you.

The more you burn away the delusion of ego (your current belief structure) and connect with Source, the more you realize at a deep level you are the total creator of your experience.

So then when you say "I want X" or "I am Y", there's no wavering or doubt that will happen. What couldn't you manifest when you have a direct line to God?

Think about Jesus walking on water. Whether or not you believe that happened, the point is that Jesus KNEW so deeply he was one with God that he didn't hesitate to think he could walk on water.

People who don't get this see it as being delusional. How could anyone have that much faith in themselves?

But those people are still stuck in the egoic paradigm of the world where they think they have to do everything.

Very nice explanation! I agree with what you have said. So you are saying that more conscious you become LOA becomes the knowledge for you - certainity not a belief. And when you visualize your success and intentions in the NOW (as if you already have them) it has no other “choice” than manifest itself. 

This thread is so filled with beliefs it amazes me that people proclaiming to be using their awareness are so unaware of it.

9 minutes ago, SOUL said:

This thread is so filled with beliefs it amazes me that people proclaiming to be using their awareness are so unaware of it.

So you proclaim that you know more about PD that tonny robbins? 

P.S. he demonstrates the simple practical example to see for yourself that LOA works...

@egoless I didn't make any such claim about that, the only one I did make was to the extent of unawareness of the beliefs in this thread and my amazement of it.

There’s no objective reality. It’s all belief. It’s ALL you. Loa is working on that level. Pure allowing. No resistance of the mind. No “other”.  No “thing”. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Source_Mystic thanks for sharing that insight! I completely agree with you. Many people here try to demonize ego and denounce it as if it was ultimate evil. No! everything is one! As you said more beneficial is to train and develop it so it can help you to manifest your own reality! We need to stop being so radical! Remember buddha! What did radicalism bring? He realized in the end that the balance is the key. I want to have the balanced life. Someone may call me delusional here but that’s his problem. What if he is deludedhimself with the radicalism?!

@Nahm nicely said! I agree with you. Reality is relative and as the one source we all have the ability to create and manifest our own reality.

@egoless hellz yeah man.   A thought on the original post as to requiring belief, Abeism states we can understand our vibration by how we feel (difference in proximity to source), and or by what we’re experiencing in life  (manifesting).  Neither observation requires any belief.  Perception is convoluted by beliefs. Maybe step 1 is a no-belief game? Belief would be step 2, as in, believing we can actually do what we want about how we feel / what we manifest. Quite useful, and exceptionally useful in helping realizations of present being filtered through the past. Love that present being. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

2 hours ago, egoless said:

nicely said! I agree with you. Reality is relative and as the one source we all have the ability to create and manifest our own reality.

But what if in my reality I throw a pie in your face? Can you manifest a reality where I didn't throw a pie in your face? Seems like my reality is your reality and the pie's reality