Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seed

Meditation, mindfulness, self awareness and managing emotions for kids (sub forum?)

Anyone who works alongside or has children...   13 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have a 'consciousness and awareness for kids' subforum?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 posts in this topic

A question for @Leo Gura... and a poll for everyone else!

I know that a lot of us are parents and / or work closely alongside children.

I often have queries and questions about parenting in order to minimise the impact of society and culture on my nearly 4 year old, to try and keep her as free from it all as possible. Obviously living in the UK, it's no easy task, but I know there are ways which can help. And I would love to discuss with others how they deal with bringing up their kids to be mindful and conscious, as well as embodying this within themselves. 

Also, my life purpose is leading me towards creating workshops and classes for children to be used in schools, weekend groups, hospitals, youth clubs or anywhere that will have me!  These sessions will focus on  different developmental themes such as trusting instincts; managing emotions; self‑esteem; compassion for others; truthful communication; intuition and imagination; self‑awareness and spiritual connection.

I would love to gather more information from parents, teachers, therapists  etc on the difficulties / issues that come up for  children today.  to give me more of an insight into their minds so i can ensure the classes are as effective as possible. I will start with age group 5 - 8 years, but want to develop one for preschoolers and 8 - 12 years and eventually teenagers. 

Thank you in advance. 

Edited by Seed

That's too niche for us.

Topics about kids and awareness you can post in this sub-forum. Topics about general parenting you can post in the Self-Actualization sub-forum.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Haha clearly !!! Hopefully niche enough to work well for my LP though... ;) I want do this so badly that my bones hurt !! Im still just 25% through the course though..  

@Seed Although it is really important for kids to get in touch with consciousness and awareness, I don't think we have the manpower for a whole subforum.

You could make a post specifically for parents and people that interact with kids to get some answers you want.

I appreciate your concern for kids.  I wish I had a life coach as a kid — I would have had a much tighter life in terms of having my shit together much earlier. 

There is breathing buddies mindfulness for kids. I know very little about it other than it may already be similar to what your life purpose plans are so check them out.

@Seed Your life purpose/vision sounds amazing. No one teaches those things, not even most parents. I hope it works out for you, goodluck!

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

Kids don't need actualized.org but actualized.org needs kids to help us remember source :D

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

Edited by SFRL

Kids watch there parents very closely and pick up habits and such from them. 

How you express yourself will have an effect on your kids. 

Its very difficult for kids who’s parents are not conscious. Also for the fact that the cultural norm is to throw them in standardized education. This along with family relationship is perhaps the most critical aspect to preventing unconscious habits from being taken up. 

My girlfriend had a 10 year old boy and he is already very caught in the chaos of ego. This started when he was put in kindergarten. The first day. It was dramatic. 

I have a 2year old now and I am looking for a school that doesn't cram all the various conditioning down the kids throat. For me I am glad I never went to school. I might have been caught in the rat race indefinitely. 

So my goal is to make sure my boy is incapable of being hurt psychologically. That’s my purpose. 

Edited by Faceless