AlwaysBeNice

For those still worried about the brain/matter vs consciousness debate

40 posts in this topic

A brain damage cannot make a person unenlightened... I don't think so

I will tell you why.. First of all, matter vs consciousness problem doesn't matter here...

During our spiritual progress, we are kind of deprogramming ourselves.. The work is like unwinding the knots, undoing certain associations and going back to the source by digging in. When we do spiritual practice, the effects of the practice can be observed in brain.. But that doesn't mean that a brain damage will take away all this.. 

The reason is: A brain damage is not capable of redoing those knots.... 

Our mind before enlightenment:

knot1.jpg?w=338&h=159

A brain damage cannot do this all over again.

Spiritual enlightenment is already a losing matter. It is not gaining something but losing something.. Losing the illusion and going back to the innocence of non-duality which is your true nature.. It is like peeling the layers of onion.

Edited by Shanmugam

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

37 minutes ago, egoless said:

I don't care about peace and being calm ultimately the only thing I care on this regard is the Truth with the capital letter! 

Inner peace isn't about being calm,  it's contentment, as in being at peace regardless of the amount  of activity going on in life. A lack of inner peace is the source of turmoil that leads to the self caused suffering.

The truth with a capital T is just another religion right next to all the others that claim to bring the capital T.

46 minutes ago, egoless said:

Than what do you think about that one. 

You have your eyes perfectly closed, you have ear plugs and your hearing is perfectly sealed as well ... and etc. your all perception channels are perfectly sealed. Then huge truck with an auto pilot run over you. What would happen? Nobody watches this experiment imagine it happens in the closed environment and then the scientists walk in after everything is done.

All the matter still exists as an electromagnetic field of feeling, everything is experienced on some level.

14 minutes ago, AlwaysBeNice said:

All the matter still exists as an electromagnetic field of feeling, everything is experienced on some level.

Yeah but imagine they have done double slit experiment on you being there instead of that black board. And instead of electrons there would be heavy object.

Just now, egoless said:

Yeah but imagine they have done double slit experiment on you being there instead of that black board. And instead of electrons there would be heavy object.

What the experiments show is that the possibility of a 'knowing of the which path information' collapses the matter, so the matter it self is part of intelligence. 

There's no person there anymore after enlightenment.

And... SPOILER!... there never was. (if you know what I mean ;))

Thoughts like "Is he still enlightened after a motor bike accident?" and "Can brain damage make a person unenlightened?" come from a place of not understanding of what the concept of enlightenment points to. There's no "he" and "person". Those are labels you create/were taught. It's time to realize there's something more than labels to life.

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

@SOUL it does when it moves from the belief category to the experience category.

... but it moves back into  belief when it's told to someone else.

@AlwaysBeNice  While the post-materialist scientific search for experimental evidence may well someday validate the primacy of consciousness, it all became inescapably evident, while during an OBE I perceived consensus construct phenomena, as the body/brain laid on a couch in a house located far away from the event being perceived. Being an indoctrinated materialist at the time, I was determined to come up with an explanation that would fit that paradigm ... and never did. I eventually just had to accept that consciousness had the capacity to go non-local, which has only been reinforced by other such events, and countless similar reports which make my experience seem insignificant in comparison. For materialist science to simply disregard this evidence as hearsay and fantasy is just willful, closed-minded ignorance. A shift in the paradigm is so long overdue, what is most astounding is how it has been avoided for as long as it has.

Edited by snowleopard

@Nahm It sure does because it goes from experience into a concept that forms a paradigm which is believed by the mind then told to another.

We experience in awareness without  concepts or words but the mind tries to understand through concepts and communicate with words so it falls from the genuine nature.

Edited by SOUL

12 minutes ago, Vitamine Water said:

Rupert is the greatest! I resonate with him the most. He has utterly down to earth and clear explanations. This man is a genius!

Here is another one very important:

In the past there was the double slit experiment, which seemed to prove beyond any doubt that by simply observing matter, it could change the way it is expressed (going from particle to wave behavior). Take a minute to think about what this means: if you observe matter, it might change just because you observed it.

@SOUL it’s the truth of what you are, what we all are. You can say it’s a jovial belief, but then, you still wouldn’t know what you are. Once you know, you could tell anyone and they can believe it or not, do their own discovery or not, but it doesn’t change that you know what you are. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

.@Nahm  All these concepts and words being used are filtered through the prism of the mind. So even to know it is still the mind trying to grasp it in understanding.

This is the mind trusting it's own  perception which is why as soon as it changes from  pure experience in awareness to 'knowing' it becomes belief.

@Nahm  Yes and as soon as it is filtered through the mind in any way,  shape or form of idea, concept or word in an attempt to understand or know it is belief and ceases to be it's genuine nature.

Both brain and matter exist but they only exist through the limitation of the mind. Everything these ultimately exist in infinite consciousness which has no other “substance” than knowing.

Edited by egoless