sleeperstakes

Spiral Dynamics: Do Turquoises exist?

49 posts in this topic

@Aquarius @Nahm

Did you guys start to see auras all of sudden or did you somehow develop this superpower? Also do you think it's learnable? Thank you!

On 18/12/2017 at 9:41 PM, Shin said:

Leo is already turquoise.

You don't need to be self-realized to be turquoise, just to devote all your life to "others" without expecting anything in return.

If I've dedicated my life to helping animal welfare, am I also turquoise? 

Just asking ??

how did this thread get onto auras...

@Charlotte that seems like a "GREEN" trait. though you cant really say just from that

generally my interpretation is that most people in turquoise use the systems from stage YELLOW to form a holistic view of the world, everything is connected etc.

I'd imagine a stage TURQUOISE would have a large amount of academic knowledge, while also having a spiritual view, as they essentially merge together at that point.

@sleeperstakes Yeah, such vague overviews I've seen. Again, there's no detailed descriptions of the highest stages (or not even of any stage in this case). 

@RossE It's been recommended to me several times, but if I'm informed correctly, it stops at Turquoise, which is only vaguely described. What I'd like to know is where this talk about Coral and even higher stages comes from.

On 1/12/2018 at 4:13 AM, HII said:

@RossE It's been recommended to me several times, but if I'm informed correctly, it stops at Turquoise, which is only vaguely described. What I'd like to know is where this talk about Coral and even higher stages comes from.

It's all based on Ken Wilber's work.  In his original schema his Centaur (Vision/Logic) stage equates to Yellow and Turquoise (2nd Tier), while his 3rd tier stages were the Psychic [Coral it would seem], Subtle [Teal, I think...], Causal, and finally of course NonDual.

On 1/10/2018 at 0:16 PM, HII said:

@sleeperstakes Yeah, such vague overviews I've seen. Again, there's no detailed descriptions of the highest stages (or not even of any stage in this case). 

It really helps to meet a Turquoise person face to face. It's a rather inspiring thing. Most people have never met such a person and don't even know such a person is possible.

Imagine, if you will, that you met Jesus face to face. That's what it's sorta like. Their presence alone awes you.

And don't confuse Spiral Dynamics stages with enlightenment. Spiral Dynamics isn't mapping out a path towards enlightenment. It's measuring other aspects of growth.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 minutes ago, Mighty Mouse said:

You get over it...

Sure, you can acclimate to anything: being a billionaire, or being in a concentration camp, or meeting Jesus.

@Mighty Mouse Sure

But stunting growth is a tricky issue. Growth isn't always linear, and maximum truth doesn't always grow people as might be expected. The wrong pace of growth will backfire and lead to regression or stunting. Skipping stages often backfires.

A crack addict is not ready to hear about Enlightenment.

The Spiral Dynamics stages are a useful model. Not Absolute Truth. And it's important for people not get ahead of themselves. Seeing a stage Turquoise person face to face can be an important step towards ultimately realizing the Absolute. It's a motivational thing more than anything. It's inspiring. It shows you who you can become, and what the possibilities are.

Of course all models have their limitations and will ultimately be abandoned after they've served their purpose.

39 minutes ago, Mighty Mouse said:

The manta ray thing also strikes me as very turqoise btw...

Watch for the pendulum to swing back some time in the future when he's ready to hit coral. :P

Don’t get to caught up in thinking you are higher up on the spiral dynamics levels than you really are.  That’s just another way to feed the Ego.  All this levels stuff is really just a model.  You can’t fake real growth.  The Ego is what wants to try to fake growth by labeling itself as one of the higher levels.  That implies others are at lower levels. This shit can be just another way of trying to feel significant.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

12 minutes ago, Mighty Mouse said:

I like feeling significant, especially when I'm not. It's bloody hilarious :D

(as I'm sure you know)

Well, you’re only stunting yourself then.  Is your aim growth or amusement?  Spiral Dynamics is limited just as much as it is not.  It takes a wise person to know how to use these various tools and not to lose sight of the ball in this work. The ball is your ability to be keenly-aware of reality in the present moment.  That’s it. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor

19 minutes ago, Mighty Mouse said:

The cool thing about infinite intelligence is that it knows exactly what you need and when you need it. Could be somneone needs to come face to face with a stage turquoise at some point, and if so, it will happen. No models required or even knowledge about the true nature or intent of the event.

"The universe is on a need-to-know basis, and for the most part we don't need to know." -- David Carse

It's what got you this far, in spite of yourself. You can't improve upon it, you can only obstruct it by holding on to the tiller.

I think it’s best just to work on being keenly aware of reality in the moment, and everything you need will be added unto you.  Trying to chase some levels is not the way, although as Leo points out it can reveal ways that you might still grow.  But don’t cling to that shit.  You already have everything you need in you.  The Truth is inside you.  I think a lot of people are confused about what Enlightenment is all about.  They are trying to chase something instead of just becoming more aware of the Truth.  Stop trying to control reality.  That’s feeding the Ego.  Just be keenly-aware of reality in the moment.  That’s it.  Turn that Monkey-Mind off and just open your eyes.  Your ideas are blocking your vision.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

39 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

A crack addict is not ready to hear about Enlightenment.

Why?

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all of the barriers within yourself that you have built against it 

- A Course in Miracles

I’ve said before that I think this video “How to Change the World” (linked below) sums up Turquoise.  Follow that life purpose.  Plug up the Swiss cheese holes in your Maslow’s Pyramid.  Practice your Enlightenment work.  And maybe one day you will be so abundant that you can give love to reality very unconditionally.  It’s all about building your life so well and so authentically that you can be a conduit of love to the whole world.  That’s Turquoise.  See how high of a level this is?  And you guys are worried about Coral!  Live it, don’t just fantasize about it.  Use it to fascilitate your authentic growth, don’t let these ideas get in the way of that.  That’s my main point.  If you focus on honoring the Authentic-Self by maintaining keen-awareness of reality in the present moment, all things else will be added unto you.  Don’t try to chase these stages.  

///

Another good video to watch 

Edited by Joseph Maynor

On 12/18/2017 at 6:13 AM, Spiral said:

@Ayilton noo he seems very green and yellow these days

Do you guys see the ridiculousness of type-casting reality into these cubbyholes yet?  The Mind is a tricky bastard.  I’m blue, he’s orange.  Bullshit!  I’m starting to worry that this material is harming people more than it is helping them.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor