asgard94

What Would You Do If Someone Spit In Your Face? Practice Compassion Or Beat The *ck Out Of Them?

69 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, David1 said:

What if Mike Tyson spits you in the face?

Sorry to be in your way sir..!!xD

15 hours ago, Simon Zackrisson said:

JK, this is what I really wanted to write to you @FindingPeace :

DONT FUCKING TELL ME WHAT TO DO FINDING . UR WRONG. FUCK UR DELUSIONAL SHIT ABOUT HOW THE WORLD WORKS, IF U WANNA DIE CUS U PRIORITIZE GOOD FEELINGS OVER ACTUAL CRITIAL THINKING GO AHEAD FAGGET GO DIE LOL IDC BUT DONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO FUCK U KTHXBYE

Wow. Just..wow :o

Don't panic Simon. I wasn't having a dig at you. I was taking your comment as a cue for further thought. No offense intended.

“If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place.”  - Lao Tzu

15 hours ago, Simon Zackrisson said:

DONT FUCKING TELL ME WHAT TO DO FINDING . UR WRONG. FUCK UR DELUSIONAL SHIT ABOUT HOW THE WORLD WORKS, IF U WANNA DIE CUS U PRIORITIZE GOOD FEELINGS OVER ACTUAL CRITIAL THINKING GO AHEAD FAGGET GO DIE LOL IDC BUT DONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO FUCK U KTHXBYE

@FindingPeace , This is a more naughty way in which consciousness manifests, but I don't think it was directed at you....treat it like thoughts during mediation: do NOT engage ;)

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

@Ayla AYLA WTF ARE U TALKING ABOUT OMG LOL WAT SHUT THE FU... 

Hihiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii no.

Have a great day peeps <3

Endless nuance

@Simon Zackrisson

Caps off please ;) 

PS: Maybe one day, I'd like to try whateva it is you're smokin there 

LOL

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

18 hours ago, David1 said:

What if Mike Tyson spits you in the face?

Oh, excuse me sir, it seems I walked into your spit, I'm terribly sorry for that. Will not happen again..

Jk id just pull up ma gun and threaten a mf;; STRONGEST EGO WIN lol get rekt.  @Ayla i can still rage and write like lil kid without caps by the way u noob lol too easy to get around ur demands too ez lol wtf bro and ik u love being called mah bro so ur my bro forever now, ilu bro

Endless nuance

I think if a guy spitting in my face then the only person in trauma is him not me. He is the one who made himself so angry and did this highly humiliating act. For me there is some salvia on my face, what a tissue and water can clean up, but he is the one who needs serious help with his mental problems....

@Simon Zackrisson Wtf are you on? O.o lol

I think this self-actualization has driven you nuts..

1 hour ago, Simon Zackrisson said:

I was just kidding my friend

Good job I wan't taking it seriously then..

Somehow I think this thread has gone off on a random tangent..

“If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place.”  - Lao Tzu

53 minutes ago, FindingPeace said:

@Simon Zackrisson Wtf are you on? O.o lol

I think this self-actualization has driven you nuts..

I really can't care less about what your judgements are. 

53 minutes ago, FindingPeace said:

Good job I wan't taking it seriously then..

Somehow I think this thread has gone off on a random tangent..

You didn't take what I said seriously and yet this is your response?

2 hours ago, FindingPeace said:

Wow. Just..wow :o

Don't panic Simon.

Wtf are you on @FindingPeaceO.o

Edited by Simon Zackrisson
Typo

Endless nuance

You're somehow assuming in your question that the enlightened person would have to repress his emotions or hold himself back. This is a misunderstanding. A masterful enlightened person would: A) Fully feel into whatever emotion arose, be it anger or the desire for violence, B) Respond spontaneously and appropriately depending on the situation, without a set of rigid morals or SHOULDs.

Enlightenment is really totally independent of violence. You could be enlightened and murder somebody if it felt appropriate to you. Of course in practice, it would almost never feel appropriate and you would be so emotionally unreactive that very few things would be able to provoke you into it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

18 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You're somehow assuming in your question that the enlightened person would have to repress his emotions or hold himself back. This is a misunderstanding. A masterful enlightened person would: A) Fully feel into whatever emotion arose, be it anger or the desire for violence, B) Respond spontaneously and appropriately depending on the situation, without a set of rigid morals or SHOULDs.

Enlightenment is really totally independent of violence. You could be enlightened and murder somebody if it felt appropriate to you. Of course in practice, it would almost never feel appropriate and you would be so emotionally unreactive that very few things would be able to provoke you into it.

Depends on which side the enlightened person choose - the ego (emotions) or no-ego (peace).

2 minutes ago, Key Elements said:

Depends on which side the enlightened person choose - the ego (emotions) or no-ego (peace).

A lot depends on how enlightened the person is and how much self-mastery he's bothered to develop. Enlightenment alone yields little self-mastery. But lots of enlightenments + 1000s of hours of additional inner work = Jedi master

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Depends on where the spit hits you. Does it hit your ego or does it just hit some clothes and maybe some of your skin? If you dig deep into the meaning of spitting+reaction and realize how much of it isn't personal but just a stupid routine of behaviours that we absorbed by society. Does spit hurt you? It is so much better than a punch in your face. A punch might reshape your life in a very negative way. The only thing that should go through your mind is: I am thankful that even though there are really aggressive people out there I had the honor to just recieve some spit.

I once got hit in the face because I was afraid that a dude would hurt a woman so I asked if everything was okay, he came at me and punched me. After a week I felt 100% fine. I didn't feel anger but only satisfaction that he didn't beat the shit out of me.

Just now, wasabelll said:

After a week I felt 100% fine. I didn't feel anger but only satisfaction that he didn't beat the shit out of me.

Oh, can I punch you too? Just once! please. We are all one, come on. One more punch of oneness wouldn't hurt..:) 

3 minutes ago, asgard94 said:

Oh, can I punch you too? Just once! please. We are all one, come on. One more punch of oneness wouldn't hurt..:) 

Nah. The first rule of fight club is we do not talk about it xD

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

A lot depends on how enlightened the person is and how much self-mastery he's bothered to develop. Enlightenment alone yields little self-mastery. But lots of enlightenments + 1000s of hours of additional inner work = Jedi master

Yes, understood, but it took me a long time to understand this...up until I ran into your enlightenment clips. If I didn't have experiences, I wouldn't have understood it at all. That's why I said it in a very simple way. We only have one emotion, and that is peace. The rest of our emotions are all made-up by us (our ego).

This concept is not easy to grasp even if the person is enlightened. They will just pass the whole thing off as dreams.

Edited by Key Elements

23 hours ago, Catanio said:

True nonviolence is actually a position of tremendous strength.  The easy thing is to answer violence with more violence.  It takes courage to turn the other cheek.  

23 hours ago, Fishy said:

Well if you are really scared of people it don't take courage to turn the other cheek because then you would be afraid to hit back even if you wanted to. 

You can use your enemies to humble yourself if you're early on the journey and need to let go of your anger, then you can just be super nice to the dude, if you're instead a pussy who can't stand up for yourself here's your chance, face your fears.

Someone enlightened would probably do what Fishy said earlier (unless they're really weak physically lol)

On 2016-02-25 at 3:11 PM, Fishy said:

Punch them out of compassion, and tell them to observe the feelings of anger rising mindfully and accept themxD

Straight learning.

That's the spirit! :D 

Edited by Keyblade Viking

9 minutes ago, Keyblade Viking said:

You can use your enemies to humble yourself if you're early on the journey and need to let go of your anger, then you can just be super nice to the dude, if you're instead a pussy who can't stand up for yourself here's your chance, face your fears.

Yes totally agree with this, use any opportunity to advance yourself according to what you need to learn. :)