asgard94

What Would You Do If Someone Spit In Your Face? Practice Compassion Or Beat The *ck Out Of Them?

69 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, jcgiusto said:

@Leo Gura There are more than one enlightenments? I thought that it was like a one time event (you can have enlightenment experiences but there is only one and permanent enlightenment)

Oh yes! There's a handful of them possible. The first enlightenment is really just the start of a path.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Man... even acting with violence we'll never forget the pain of been hurted emotionally.

7 minutes ago, jcgiusto said:

@Leo Gura super interesting! Can people actually master the enlightenment stuff and at the same time make a nice living? Or the enlightenment path consumes most of your time? 

I believe a point needs to be reached where one does not prevent or separate the other. 

47 minutes ago, jcgiusto said:

@Leo Gura super interesting! Can people actually master the enlightenment stuff and at the same time make a nice living? Or the enlightenment path consumes most of your time? 

There's no reason why you couldn't.

Osho bought 91 Rolls Royces, lol.

It's just that once you get enlightened enough, you won't care too much about "a nice living". It will become trivial for you.

Which is why Osho blew all his money on 91 Rolls Royces.

Osho don't give a fuck ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

This is actually a good question. I don't want to be one-sided in answering this question. There's a saying, "There's always two sides to the same coin." It's one thing to forgive and forget and choose no-ego, but who's doing the spitting? A bully? Child, teen, or adult? It gets to be a big problem once the person becomes an adult.

I actually knew of someone who threw a big punch at someone else after 4 long yrs of bullying in high school and no one (no parents/teachers/etc) did anything about it. Sorry to say, but I know cases that are much worse.

Ok...let's look at this with no-ego (peace). It's also not easy to judge this situation.

Edited by Key Elements

1 hour ago, Key Elements said:

who's doing the spitting? A bully? Child, teen, or adult?

Let's say for the sake of our case that its a 25 year old spitting on another 25 year old. I believe 30+ people do not find spitting effective any longer.

9 hours ago, asgard94 said:

Let's say for the sake of our case that its a 25 year old spitting on another 25 year old. I believe 30+ people do not find spitting effective any longer.

I will try my best to answer your question in a well-rounded way without just taking the side of showing compassion/no-ego (peace).

First of all, from my knowledge and experience, enlightenment is an experience of peace (the no-ego). It could be easy to understand. You just have to understand that you don't have any emotions (no fear, no sadness, no lust, no anger, no excitement, etc.) other than peace. Any other emotions that you experience is the ego. Ego was taught and conditioned while you were growing up. 

Enlightenment, to my understanding, is also not simple.9_9 It's extreme peace! It's an outer body experience where you expand to the "no-self" aka "infinity" and then fall through a "blackhole" to yourself again facing backwards. It could also mean seeing a beloved family member who passed away, or if you had a near death experience and you're looking at your own body...etc. etc. etc. What does this mean in real life? It means you experience all these things in peace/no pain/no emotions/no ego. You're not human anymore; you're a spirit. Egos don't exist there.

Enlightenment could be gradual-through meditation or it could be sudden and unexpected. (They call it Kenzo in Zen when it's sudden.)

What does all this have to do with spitting? Nothing. You're still you. You could still punch back. Instead of punching back, you may want to tell others about what happened. No punching doesn't work well in bad neighborhoods. I know people who grew up in bad neighborhoods doing a lot of punching cause if you don't, it's a sign of weakness and vulnerability. They could even be enlightened too. I don't know. In such cases, an enlightened person could behave like Mike Tyson or worse.

You may not even realize that you've had enlightenment experiences and just passed them off as dreams.

However, if you decide to do enlightenment work (study enlightenment), all of that points out to peace in the end. The question is, do you want to change your lifestyle to make life peaceful? You may want to avoid people who spits. You may want to make peaceful friends. You may want to move out of a bad neighborhood if you're living in one-you know, education, good job of your liking..then go beyond..startup/entrepreneurship/passive income and use your money/free time to help others. You may decide to grow yourself using Graves model and other models as compasses along with a startup to help the world with a message of peace. It's completely your choice, but this is what it means for me when I looked into enlightenment work.

I believe that it's easier for an enlightened person who did enlightenment work or anyone who understands enlightenment (no-ego) to let go of the past and move on, then for a person who doesn't understand it.

Yes. It's easier to practice peace in a good neighborhood where there are others, security cameras, and guards, etc. etc.

To answer your question completely, the answer is yes...the enlightened person will have to do something (whatever it is) to prevent a spitting / punching / harassing bully from bothering him or her.

Wait..hold on..The point is not whether or not you had enlightenment experiences. The point is would the person want a better, more peaceful lifestyle (and avoid the spitting and punching)? This is the main point.

Edited by Key Elements