Evilwave Heddy

Online Games/mmorpgs

77 posts in this topic

@DizIzMikey No shame what so ever, eh?

"It's better to light a candle than curse the darkness"

Presence.  Acceptance.  Purpose.

18 hours ago, A way to Actualize said:

The life purpose game would be an interesting mmo that doesn't get boring, even after 25 years. I will put here a link:

http://www.actualized.org/life-purpose-course

He is a mere human, only a man after all. You expect him to resist mmos?

I've actually been thinking about this topic myself recently. I grew up playing games all the time but now I just don't have the time to get addicted to anything, not just gaming.

I think there's nothing wrong with recreation, but there's a time for it. If I complete all my work and my habits and I still have the time and the desire to play a game or watch a TV show for 30 minutes then so be it. But integrating core habits and life projects into your day isn't just about doing a bunch of stuff you have to do, it should be about creating a life that makes you happy.

A principle I always keep in mind is never to get addicted to anything. If you can't game without getting addicted to it then best not to do it at all. 

On 2/26/2016 at 7:43 AM, Simon Zackrisson said:

@AHappyTeddyBear i dont wanna shoot up with u ty 

3k single

I had a good laugh from this post.

On 2/28/2016 at 1:11 PM, A way to Actualize said:

The life purpose game would be an interesting mmo that doesn't get boring, even after 25 years. I will put here a link:

http://www.actualized.org/life-purpose-course

Relating MMORPG's to the MMORPG of life is a good way to move on from it. Imagine if you're playing some MMORPG, for example, lets say World of Warcraft. Now imagine if you're in the game and you stop your character to utilize some item called "Game Boy" where he can channel the item endlessly. Now while the item channels, you see your character engaged in a game boy device, and that's the only benefit to the item—you just see him playing on a game boy. You probably wouldn't do this for long, as you would realize it doesn't help you level up your WoW character, and you would quickly get back on to slaying mobs and completing quests. Sitting on your computer playing World of Warcraft is a parallel concept to having your WoW character stand still in the game and endlessly channel a useless item.

There are lessons to be learned from everything. I used to reflect on the time "wasted" on Runescape and felt bad about all my lost opportunities. After trying to see everything in a different perspective I realized how much real world knowledge I gained. I learned Market analysis/trade, efficiency, adaptability, and character development which I like to compare to personal development.

Then there was the Wilderness... It was an area where you can fight and kill other players. This was mainly what I was addicted to. You can bring whatever you want but if you die you loose it all. That sense of risk was thrilling! It pushed me to get better, make changes, R&D, and even study war strategies. I'm a scientist so the fact that I could get instant results to my theories and hypotheses was what fulfilled my curiosity. Eventually they changed the game and the only way I would be able to continue was to start over (after I've invested years into my character). I haven't played in over 7 years but still reaping the benefits!

When things go wrong in your perspective, remember it's not about you ?

I'm addicted to Pokemon showdown. Today is March 1st and I'm challenging myself to not play this whole month; I'm creating a new habit for myself. 

The way I'm avoiding this... I posted a picture of a homeless drug addict on my wall. If I continue to play games mindlessly, I'll end up like that guy on my wall in the near future. So, I'm associating as much pain as possible to Pokemon Showdown. It's very challenging but discipline is important. 

But yeah... That's working for me... Associate so much pain with that addiction and eventually your brain is going to refuse it and find new forms of pleasure. Be careful tho. Right now my new hobby is studying human relations. I need accountability partners. Good luck everyone. :) 

11 hours ago, Argue said:

I'm addicted to Pokemon showdown. Today is March 1st and I'm challenging myself to not play this whole month; I'm creating a new habit for myself. 

The way I'm avoiding this... I posted a picture of a homeless drug addict on my wall. If I continue to play games mindlessly, I'll end up like that guy on my wall in the near future. So, I'm associating as much pain as possible to Pokemon Showdown. It's very challenging but discipline is important. 

But yeah... That's working for me... Associate so much pain with that addiction and eventually your brain is going to refuse it and find new forms of pleasure. Be careful tho. Right now my new hobby is studying human relations. I need accountability partners. Good luck everyone.  

I don't think you'll end up like that guy on your wall from playing games mindlessly, but good strategy otherwise. xD

Edited by Evilwave Heddy

What is so wrong with videos? Everything is vain glory anyways... personally dont think will stop even after enlightenment. 

4 minutes ago, DizIzMikey said:

What is so wrong with videos? Everything is vain glory anyways... personally dont think will stop even after enlightenment. 

Yep, everything is vain glory and everything is pointless. You might just as well play WoW all day and nothing would change, no one gives a fuck. The universe doesn't care and you'll be dead soon enough anyway.

@The Alchemist

6 minutes ago, The Alchemist said:

Yep, everything is vain glory and everything is pointless. You might just as well play WoW all day and nothing would change, no one gives a fuck. The universe doesn't care and you'll be dead soon enough anyway.

Not pointless, the experience is great man, got games to play tomorrow, whoever the perceiver is which one cannot identify with probably does give a fuck, experience.

So in a sense.. one does gove a fuck... me whatever that is.

1 minute ago, DizIzMikey said:

@The Alchemist

Not pointless, the experience is great man, got games to play tomorrow, whoever the perceiver is which one cannot identify with probably does give a fuck, experience.

So in a sense.. one does gove a fuck... me whatever that is.

I don't think you even care man :D You ego makes up stories, the truth that you are just exists, it does no give a flying fuck. You just exist

2 minutes ago, The Alchemist said:

I don't think you even care man :D You ego makes up stories, the truth that you are just exists, it does no give a flying fuck. You just exist

If the law of attraction is true, than the universe was designed to give me what I ask for, so whoever designed the universe loves me because it never denies me! Law of attraction, if its true.

Edited by DizIzMikey

3 minutes ago, DizIzMikey said:

If the law of attraction is true, than the universe waa designed to give me what I ask for, so whoever designed the universe loves me because it never denies me! Law of attraction, if its true.

The Law is true...all the laws are true! The law of attraction is only a part of the bigger Law of Vibration. You get what you ask for...or rather, you get what you are. The laws never fail.

2 hours ago, The Alchemist said:

This nihilistic talk is blasphemy!

@Leo Gura I summon thee!

Edited by Clay Curl

1 minute ago, Clay Curl said:

This nihilistic talk is blasphemy! @Leo Gura I summon thee!

Do you think you can defeat me by summoning my very own master? I am a mere minion of this Lord, only acting as he commands. And just so you know, that was not nihilistic at all. Actually it's very liberating and positive. It give you complete freedom to do whatever you want. I'm a good student.

On 2/28/2016 at 10:07 AM, DizIzMikey said:

Anyone recommend a good new mmo that is actually fun, because I have not found one that does not get boring fast in like, a year or two.

eve online is the best mmo out there.

Reading trough this going... What? :S

I spent thousands of hours playing various video games, WoW included. Eve included.

When I was a kid, I didn't know any better. Now, I see it as a neurotic escape to a fantasy world.

We can argue about benefits, but if you put it on a scale against what you're paying it's not worth it, not by a long shot. It's very destructive. 

To each his own, but there're far better things out there then small hits of dopamine.

:ph34r: