Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gabriel Antonio

My Experience With Kambô, The Amazonian Frog Poison [traumatic]

15 posts in this topic

My Experience with Kambô, the Amazonian Frog Poison [Traumatic]

Sapo+9.jpg

Hello, all!

Even though I have been going pretty well on the personal development journey, I still stumble upon hurdles that I could have easily avoided. This last Saturday -- 11-6-2017 -- I decided to try out a poison from a Toad called: "Kambô." It seems as though it has become quite popular in the Bay Area. Here in Brazil it is technically prohibited, but it is very easy to find a place that does this job.

If you want to read more about the general effects and benefits, you can search them online. The main principle is that this poison enters your your body, and your immune system has to work to reestablish homeostasis. Result? Boost your immune system by brute force, similarly to taking cold showers. You force your system to strengthen.

But never would I think that it would be so disastarous. Prior to applying it, I had drunk more than 3 liters of water (which is the top recommendtation for having a "quick" trip). The effects were supposed to be intense but quick, only 15 minutes. But it fucking lasted for 1 day, with 2 days of after-affects. It was hell.

The feeling I got was similar to what my friend was telling me about Ibugaina. Low pressure, severe fever, hypothermia, death-like feeling, and delirium. At some point, I felt as if that was a 5-MeO-DMT trip because I can't imagine anything more terryfying than that. I felt like I was going utterly mad. Lobotomy or something like that.

And the worst part was that the so-called Shaman wouldn't shut up telling me that I was filled with "entities." He totally overdosed  me. And the biggest problem is that, even though I was sick out of my mind, he reapplied the goddamn Kambô, saying, "I am doing this because I like you."

Seriously?????? And then when that happen it was complete hell once again. I was not aware that there have been deaths related to Kambo, so I didn't panic even though I took the biggest dump of my life. Seriously, it was scary. I felt like there was an alien in my belly. And it was moving. I think this is called the peristaltic movements. Crazy-ass shit.

Another problem was while I was taking a shit, I also felt like vomiting. So it was a pretty messed up situation. And you know the worst part? The fucking "Shaman" was bitching because I was staying too much in the fucking toilet. For goodness sake's, I can't stop vomiting! But anyway...

I have to admit that I am feeling very sane and healthy right now. But the experience was completely traumatic and never will I repeat it. The usual dosage are 5 points. The guy gave me 7. And I am extrasensitive for everything (including yopo. I hate that shit.).

In a way, this experience was good to remove my existential fear of dying. I kinda went through the process, so I feel prepared to try 5-MeO out. It can't be worse than Kambo.

Technically, Kambo is not a psychedelic. But dude... it cleans the shit out of you. You feel so fragile. It is as if you got totally detoxed. Feels weird. I kinda feel sick... But very healthy in a way.

Kambo is known for treating depression, cancer, addiction-recovery, panema ("bad spirits"), aids, etc.

It was way more intense that I could ever imagine. Leo always warns us about these powerful substances. "You'll get your ass kicked." I wish I had heard him. START SMALL!!!

But if I could sum up the whole experience would be Malaise. I hadn't felt sick like that ever since I was a child. You remember when you had the horrible fever? Well, I do.

Meet this guy:

Herp3.jpg

This little guy will make you go down.

Holy shit, I've never heard of this before. Sounds sketchy as hell, and it's hard to believe this could possibly be healthy, but I'll try to keep an open mind. Glad you survived and are able to tell the tale.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

As Terrence McKenna said: you have the kind of shamanism where the shamans had no psychedelics and did stupid shit get insanely sick, almost die, to get back indeed in a different shape.. And then you have the shamanism cultures where they just tripped.

To each their own of course, but I see this not as generally something useful at all or worthwhile and see it more as symptom of a culture that's still filled with self hate, it's always a terrible time, yet plenty of people do it, without really big benefits.

Yeah... don't seem too pleasant. I would stick to regular psychedelics.

Putting yourself through hell isn't necessary.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I did this once before with my ex girlfriend in Israel. He gave us the usual dose of 5 points. Everyone reacts differently to it. For me, it gave me a really strong fever, I turned beet red, and I felt intense pressure in my head like it was about to explode. This was somewhat unpleasant, but was oddly relaxing and also felt good at times. Definitely a weird experience.

On the other hand, my girlfriend at the time was vomiting profusely. I can tell you from knowing her personally, she has had tons of emotional baggage to deal with - this could be why. For me the effects subsided by the following morning and I felt mostly normal. My ex swears she doesn't get sick for the 3-4 months following a Kambo session. I didn't pay much attention to whether my immune system was immensely boosted or not afterwards. I generally don't get sick often, and didn't feel like it did too much for me. For my ex, it was immensely helpful. 

Go figure. Just goes to show you how everyone is different. 

@Leo Gura Would you consider 5-Meo-Dmt a "regular psychedelic"? I've done a variety of RCs (4-ACOs and LSD derivatives) and Aya. I've gone through the "ego death" process and losing control at times has involved struggle and anxiety (yet, I think it's getting easier with experience). I feel a calling toward 5-Meo, yet also feel a sense of caution.

I feel sick in a clean way on the tail end of being sick anyways.  It's how your body recovers from sickness, gets rid of bad shit, you fast, and by the time you're recovering you usually feel really fresh and good.  I doubt that kambo did anything but poison your ass.  

And it without a doubt DOES NOT heal AIDS or cancer.  That's horrible misinfo.  

1 hour ago, Serotoninluv said:

@Leo Gura Would you consider 5-Meo-Dmt a "regular psychedelic"? I've done a variety of RCs (4-ACOs and LSD derivatives) and Aya. I've gone through the "ego death" process and losing control at times has involved struggle and anxiety (yet, I think it's getting easier with experience). I feel a calling toward 5-Meo, yet also feel a sense of caution.

5-MeO-DMT is very much a "regular psychedelic" in this sense. It's very different from the 4-AcOs and lysergamides, but it still falls in the same class. It's a tryptamine, and it works primarily on the serotonin receptor system.

This Kambo frog poison seems to be mainly toxic peptides, and has nothing to do with 5-MeO-DMT. 

I hope people aren't confusing this kind of frog with Bufo Alvarius, the Sonoran Toad that secretes 5-MeO-DMT, because their secretions have nothing to do with one another.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

3 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

Would you consider 5-Meo-Dmt a "regular psychedelic"?

In the context of this discussion about this freaky frog, yes.

This reminds of another Vice documentary about a guy who injected himself with cobra venom every week for 10 years. Now that's fucking hardcore. He makes the craziest psychonuat looks like a pansy.

26 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

In the context of this discussion about this freaky frog, yes.

This reminds of another Vice documentary about a guy who injected himself with Cobra venom every week for 10 years. Now that's fucking hardcore. He makes the craziest psychonuat looks like a pansy.

what the actual fuck

unborn Truth

@ajasatya The crazy thing is, for a guy in his 40's, he looks ridiculously young and healthy. So maybe he found the elixir of life!

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

@ajasatya The crazy thing is, for a guy in his 40's, he looks ridiculously young and healthy. So maybe he found the elixir of life!

did you listen to what he said about his kidneys and liver, though?

unborn Truth

@Gabriel Antonio Sorry to hear you have had a bad experience on Kambo. I also did 7 dots (the general dosage for men is 7 dots, for women it's 5) and puked my brains out, my impressive toilet visit could have attracted more tourists in a day than Yellowstone national park would attract in a month.

Anyway, I'm going to be an ass and tell you that you probably didn't prepare yourself well enough. From my experience it wasn't that bad, as long as you fully surrender and take plenty of rest during and after the session. Maybe it's easy for me to say since my diet isn't unhealthy much in the first place. Have you ever done psychedelics? Because your comparison to 5MeO is quite ridiculous:S

Just to clarify some stuff about Kambo:

• usually the strong negative effects last for only around 30 to 60 minutes
  • it is definitely not a psychedelic. Because of the strong physical reaction it can make you a bit emotional, but still.. 2 completely different worlds.
  • it is 100% worth it

@Bas No, I didn't prepare at all. In fact, I ate a bunch of pizza the day before. The "shaman" told me all was needed was 3 hours of fasting and 4L of water.

My woman friend also didn't prepare at all and had a pretty tranquil experience compared to mine. I don't know why that happened to me... They said I might have a disease and am unaware of it.

But this is day 4th, and I am feeling very peaceful. Finally. Feels like I am in summer vacation in my childhood because I feel very relaxed in my body. It feels like someone pressed the "Reset" button in me. Hehe...