Viking

Due To Lack Of Time, Can Self Inquiry Replace Meditaiton?

20 posts in this topic

or should I keep at least a 10 minute habit of meditating?

What are you doing that's so important that you can't meditate? I'm a full time student and have just started doing 2 hrs of meditation practice every day, because I get more and more convinced of how profound this is to my life. Even if that means getting poorer grades now the first semester I think it in the long run will make me a much better student, and give me better total grades in the end. And that's just one of the reasons that I meditate.

@Edvard lol im also a student but i dont have time to such an extent for now that im barely managing to do the homework assignments, which are a must , let alone to understand the lectures better, in which case its not about getting poorer grades but failing.

And im doing the life purpose course, which is more important than meditation because its temporary and will have to be done , because im aimless currently.

@Ilya maybe spend a couple days getting ready to be ready. Just try to pick nice perspective, that meditation is good, that self inquiry is good. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Ilya Eckhart Tolle has some decent tips in regards to your situation. He advices to practice being conscious, or present, whenever the opportunity presents itself. Become mindful of reality, or you mind whenever you are waiting, which we actually spend most of our lives doing anyway. Make tasks interpreted to be a means to an end an end in itself, he also advices. Anyway, good luck!

Edited by Edvard

@Adam M lol I think you got me wrong, I meditate 30 min every day, I wondered if I could change that into self inquiry and still be ok

If you think you don't have time for meditation,

Double the time of your meditation.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin Ye when I asked you a while back if I should meditate less because I was in some existential crisis at the time you gave me the same tip

I went from 40 minutes to 90 minutes per day so I guess it worked haha

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

@Max_V Everybody got time for meditation. Even in jail you got all the time for yourself.

did u have more times of silent mind?

@Ether Ye the barrier between meditation and my normal every day life is starting to fade.

I switched to the Do Nothing technique and in between all the shit that is coming out, there are periods were my mind gets slower and just stops all together. That's hard for my ego to grasp though, it instantly wants to control, keep the silence, etc.

In the depths of winter,

- Albert Camus

The best kind of contemplation is meditation.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Ether True, but that doesn’t make it any less real if that’s my experience. 

In the depths of winter,

- Albert Camus

@Ether My thoughts are part of reality, otherwise how could they exist?  

How can something exist outside of reality?

In the depths of winter,

- Albert Camus

@Max_V because they dont exist in reality. Can you see them with your 5 senses? No? Can you see others thoughts? Then they only exist in your mind

@Ilya That's what I do. Self-inquiry > meditation. Distinction between them isn't sharp for me, it feels really like I am (not)doing both at the same time. Maybe you can relate.

I think self-inquiry IS meditation, it's just more demanding than mindfulness, so it's hard to do it 8 hours straight, that's why I believe there are other techniques. 1 hour Strong Determination Sitting is easier than 30 minutes of Self-inquiry IMO.