Ether

How Do You Get A Silent Mind While\after Meditating?

16 posts in this topic

Understand that awareness needs zero effort from the mind. Awareness is aware of the mind actually.

The mind tricks you that it is in control of the awareness and thus meditation, while it's also observed like sounds, vision, smell etc.

Get into very deep concentration states, aka the jhanas. If you want to carry that level of silence into daily life, start by doing graded exercises. See if you can cultivate those states first by sitting, then standing, walking etc...

Edited by onacloudynight

@Ether

Extend the silence that is always present between your thoughts. How? Expand your awareness. Awareness of the sound and light that is present in this now moment. Be aware of the sounds hitting your body, acknowledge them without labeling them and stay grounded in the experience of light. Be aware of the breathing mechanism and sensations in the body. Be aware not only when meditating, but ALWAYS.

Practice this exercise.

Also I have made a thread with some insights to extend the inner silence here.

How do you get muscles during/after strength training? 

Amazing things come without our sound, without our effort. If you want to experience samadhi 24/7 the exchange is simple, not easy, but simple. Just give yourself up. Gone. Not coming back. Tempted to figure something out? Then you didn’t really exchange. From now on you are this, and nothing else-

Diaphragmatic breathing, or deep breathing, is breathing that is done by contracting the diaphragm, a muscle located horizontally between the thoracic cavity and abdominal cavity. Air enters the lungs and the chest rises and the belly expands during this type of breathing.

Thoughts still coming? 

It’s simple, not easy. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@AleksM Trust me i have expanded my awareness. I have been giving thoughts no attention 24\7 for a year now. Not controling, no manipulating. Pure mindfulness. I meditate for 20 minutes and i still have thoughts. Its whathever. Maybe its because i make a goal of a silent mind?

@Ether I was going to leave this forum for good, but you asked a compelling question, so I don't want to leave you in the dark. I'm going to be honest with you so don't take it personally. 

The short answer is: with great difficulty. 

The long answer is: you can't hold the mind still through meditation alone, if your daily life is not disciplined. In Hinduism we have a spiritual experiment called Raj Yoga. Yoga means to join. It is designed to dissolve the ego and help the mind hold still. It says before you sit down to meditate you have to master certain disciplines. There are 10 disciplines just like the Christian 10 commandments. These disciplines are a lot tougher than the Christian ones. Most people fail including most Hindus. Out of millions maybe 1 would succeed. You can read about it at www.sacred-texts.com > Hinduism> Yoga Sutras of Patanjali. It's only like 3-4 pages long. 

Here are some video resources: 

Before embarking on this journey you have to ask yourself a few questions. Are you ready to impose this kind of discipline onto yourself? If you're on this forum you're probably not ready for it, just like the rest of us. Are you ready to give up everything as you know it? It's not a hunky dory process it changes everything about your reality. It's the most difficult thing anyone can take on. If you're not ready, just forget about it and enjoy your life. 

The unborn Lord has many incarnations. BPHS 

@Deep You might not be aware but there is a much quicker way to enlightnment. Disbelieving thoughts.

22 minutes ago, Ether said:

@Deep You might not be aware but there is a much quicker way to enlightnment. Disbelieving thoughts.

I don't agree with that definition of enlightenment. Enlightenment can't be thrown around that easily. There are 1000s of clowns who would claim to be enlightened but I wouldn't believe them. 

The unborn Lord has many incarnations. BPHS 

Just meditated for 33, still not silent mind

First of all, why the fuck do you want a silent mind? Ok, I experienced it, feels nice, but I had more beautiful experiences just only being conscious with thoughts still lying around.

On 11/10/2017 at 4:56 PM, Ether said:

You might not be aware but there is a much quicker way to enlightnment. Disbelieving thoughts.

Notice that disbelieving is another thought. Not to mention disbelieving the disbelieving thought. If you want to work with thoughts, accept them, notice and get a deep, non-neurotic sense that thoughts aren't really a part of reality. Notice the depth of the "deception". When you are reading this, you are projecting thoughts onto pixels on a screen. And even these labels are just thoughts.

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

@Ether The answer to your question is mindfulness. Only concentrate on what you are doing at the time in the present moment  . When the monkey mind throws a pink elephant as a distraction this could be a emotion a appointment or just a stray thought  . Just acknowledge it yep that's a nice pink elephant. Then go back to your mindfulness . Just do not ignore or push off other thoughts as it will make the problem worse. Just a acknowledge them  then move back to you mindfulness . The frequency of stray thoughts or monkey wrenches as I call them becomes fewer and fewer.

This  technique sounds easy and it is but the longer you do it in your every day life the harder it seems. I have had phenomenal results with it myself as a matter of fact need to get back to a more regular practice of it myself.  This post acted as a reminder.

Thank  you and good luck

I no longer advocate, participate, condone, or support  actualized.org or Leo Gura in anyway. The reasons are left in the few post I left behind. 

17 minutes ago, Source_Mystic said:

@Ether The answer to your question is mindfulness. Only concentrate on what you are doing at the time in the present moment  . When the monkey mind throws a pink elephant as a distraction this could be a emotion a appointment or just a stray thought  . Just acknowledge it yep that's a nice pink elephant. Then go back to your mindfulness . Just do not ignore or push off other thoughts as it will make the problem worse. Just a acknowledge them  then move back to you mindfulness . The frequency of stray thoughts or monkey wrenches as I call them becomes fewer and fewer.

This  technique sounds easy and it is but the longer you do it in your every day life the harder it seems. I have had phenomenal results with it myself as a matter of fact need to get back to a more regular practice of it myself.  This post acted as a reminder.

Thank  you and good luck

Yeah, i just meditated, reduced 90% mind activity