Shakazulu

Zestful Actualized Life

11 posts in this topic

Ever since I lost internet and television for a year, sitting down and gaming or watching TV doesn't intrigue me anymore. Actualizing has brought my disinterest of gaming/TV to another extreme. Going out and " chilling " with friends doesn't seem to excite me as much as before. I feel it sucks because I'm 19 and a lot of what teens and others consider fun isn't as fun for me anymore. When I was younger I was an extreme extrovert, talkative, open to anyone. I still posses these traits, although after learning about human psycology, my interactions are more human analysis and I'm somewhat cautious of my words. Now adays I spend most of my days learning and building myself for my life purpose. On my free time I'm not even interested in watching shows or any non-sense. I find myself constantly learning. Sometimes I wanna just enjoy the little things like I used to. However knowing  a lot of it is meaningless holds me back.... 

How do I get back to enjoying going out, gaming, watching TV and embracing the little things.....

You cant force to like things. You eitheir like them or not. Who says you got to do those things? Its just opinions.

Do what feel natural to you.

I have created a monster :P

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Feeding your inner child once in a while is very healthy imo. So maybe that's also a necessary part of growth. Overdooing it is something else of course.

@Shakazulu
Maybe you are just closer to your authentic self then you were ever before, this authentic self just doesen't enjoy such things.

Well I went through a phrase where I would just want to talk about the deep stuff mostly as almost a spite against how little people were taking hold of their lives let alone their reality. As time went on, I just appreciated people for being people and can just enjoy talking to them about more "mundane" things. It also helped to develope a talent for getting others to talk about their real thoughts and feelings. Theres only really three ways you should go about socializing- Do you appreciate either the topic, the person, or people.

I wouldn't force myself to like all these little things as they are, but I would look for a way to make them more interesting. You know, like breaking out of your comfort zone and actually talking to strangers when going out, instead of sticking to friends. Do only a stuff that is wortwhile in your opinion.

If you were truly self-actualized you would've enjoyed everything even looking at a white wall let alone other stuff because there is beauty in everything and that makes it enjoyable.

@sarapr that's what I'm trying to understand. I'm putting work into actualizing so why can't I enjoy the little things if all is beautiful 

@Shakazulu well maybe that's the phase you're in right now and as you grow you might have this realization that you've been missing a lot of joy in this life because you were labeling things as a waste of time but it's all right not to want to do certain things and the things you're not doing are helpful so don't push youself