How to be wise

How To Live Life Without Any Thoughts.

36 posts in this topic

I know that there have been some people in the past who have managed to stop all their thoughts and they lived their whole lives from that state. It's a pretty extraordinary thing to achieve, and I was wondering if anyone knew how to achieve that. Are there any practical ways to do it? 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Just now, Nahm said:

@How to be wise daily meditation and patience.

Really? I mean everyone meditates and virtually nobody reached it. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

4 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

Really? I mean everyone meditates and virtually nobody reached it. 

I don't know about no thoughts at all... but about the end of suffering and living your live in complete bliss 24/7 there are plenty of sages that have reached that state.

17 minutes ago, Blissout said:

I don't know about no thoughts at all... but about the end of suffering and living your live in complete bliss 24/7 there are plenty of sages that have reached that state.

There have been sages in the past who have managed to turn off their thoughts and live in bliss. You can't live in bliss 24/7 without turning them off.

"How To Live Life Without Any Thoughts."

You can either be mindful (aware) or lost/immersed in the world (of thought). There is no other alternative.

Why would you want that? what about funny thoughts? 

is there humor without thoughts?

You mean you don't want chronic fear/emotional suppression (and the fearful thought streams it creates).

Thinking in and of itself is no problem, but it usually is because thinking is used to avoid certain feelings.

16 hours ago, Toby said:

Never heard of anyone who managed to live without thoughts.

"Meditation is your true nature. You call it meditation now because there are thoughts distracting you. When these thoughts are dispelled, you alone will remain, in the state free from thoughts. And that is your real nature." - Ramana Maharshi. 

nobody stops their thoughts, but some maintain their focus on their breathing consistently enough that they are without any attachment to thoughts.  blissful. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Toby I don't know about that, but the quote I just mentioned made my case. And anyways, I asked if you had any practical tips. If you don't believe that someone can stop their thoughts, please don't post here. 

15 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

@Toby I don't know about that, but the quote I just mentioned made my case. And anyways, I asked if you had any practical tips. If you don't believe that someone can stop their thoughts, please don't post here. 

I think you are to stuck on the idea of thoughts. You can be enlightned and have no suffering and be in a 24/7 bliss state with thoughts. What more do you want? 

@Toby practical tips. Understand or no?

You want practical tips? get your ass off this forum and start meditating on the I-feeling.

No one is going to do it for you.

Edited by Blissout

On 10/22/2017 at 5:44 PM, Steph1988 said:

Why would you want that? what about funny thoughts? 

is there humor without thoughts?

Plenty.  Behold! *farts*

Edited by MiracleMan

Grace