egoless

Magic Truffles For Beginners

29 posts in this topic

I want to try psychedelics but don't really want to start with heavy ones. What is the real difference between magic truffles and mushrooms and can truffles be used for some serious insights? It seems like it is nice idea to try truffles first before shrooms. There are different types of truffles for example: Tampanensis, Mexicana, Fantasia, Mokum, Atlantis and strongest ones: Pandora, Holandia, Utopia. all of them have different scores for different effects for example: visuals, creativity, philosophical. I want to ask experienced people here which type do you suggest me to start with and how much is optimal in the beginning. Can truffles replace the shrooms?

Makes no difference, 15 gram truffles are about 3 grams dried mushrooms, it's about the psilocybin.

It depends on how much stability and wisdom you have about your mind, your emotions and consciousness on how much you can take.

Given most people do sort of fine on these things even when they are unspiritual, having some understanding of this ordeal and some meditative experience should make it fine, but do not underestimate.

-

The most important thing is the wisdom/stability, aside from that a good guide(+friend) can be really helpful of course, but they maybe rare to find.

After that I would say, just make sure you are in a place where you feel comfortable, in the sense that you probably won't be bothered and can feel free to be emotional and make sound.

But you've got nothing to lose and nothing that can hurt you ultimately.

Remember also you can only really think craziness, see 'craziness' but your being always remains balanced no matter what.

19 minutes ago, AlwaysBeNice said:

Makes no difference, 15 gram truffles are about 3 grams dried mushrooms, it's about the psilocybin.

It depends on how much stability and wisdom you have about your mind, your emotions and consciousness on how much you can take.

Given most people do sort of fine on these things even when they are unspiritual, having some understanding of this ordeal and some meditative experience should make it fine, but do not underestimate.

-

The most important thing is the wisdom/stability, aside from that a good guide(+friend) can be really helpful of course, but they maybe rare to find.

After that I would say, just make sure you are in a place where you feel comfortable, in the sense that you probably won't be bothered and can feel free to be emotional and make sound.

But you've got nothing to lose and nothing that can hurt you ultimately.

Remember also you can only really think craziness, see 'craziness' but your being always remains balanced no matter what.

Thanks for tips. I am going to experience it alone. I am abroad and don't really trust anybody that much here. Is 15 grams a good starting point or should I lower to probably 10 grams? What about names I listed because it seems like they have different kinds of effects.

@egoless Be careful with doing psychedelics around people that give off negative vibes or in a situation where there could be negative vibes.  Don't listen to dark music either.  I had one of my worst mushroom trips listening to "The Wall" by Pink Floyd.  That album has a lot of angst in it.  I was also with a couple of people who gave off negative vibes.  It triggered me into a state of panic.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Just now, Joseph Maynor said:

@egoless Be careful with doing psychedelics around people that give off negative vibes or in a situation where there could be negative vibes.  Don't listen to dark music either.  I had one of my worst mushroom trips listening to "The Wall" by Pink Floyd.  That album has a lot of angst in it.

I'm not going to listen to music for my first trip. And I am going to do it alone in my room. Any tips about how to make my trip more powerful to experiences of non duality? 

3 minutes ago, egoless said:

Thanks for tips. I am going to experience it alone. I am abroad and don't really trust anybody that much here. Is 15 grams a good starting point or should I lower to probably 10 grams? What about names I listed because it seems like they have different kinds of effects.

Maybe 10 if you want to be sure it's pretty light, but 15 should be fine.

Also ultimately there are no bad vibes though, it's all one energy, only contraction (fear) creates disharmony and suffering (but not even for the real self). But paradoxically there are more harmonious vibes yeah, but it's got to know ultimately you are good what ever occurs.

2 minutes ago, egoless said:

I'm not going to listen to music for my first trip. And I am going to do it alone in my room. Any tips about how to make my trip more powerful to experiences of non duality? 

Practice self-inquiry/do nothing.

It will stir up fear/thoughts, see it, observe it (and thus know that you are not it, you are beyond it), and just be as you are.

And remember, as long as something is only true as long as you think it, it's not really true. ;)

18 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

@egoless Be careful with doing psychedelics around people that give off negative vibes or in a situation where there could be negative vibes.  Don't listen to dark music either.  I had one of my worst mushroom trips listening to "The Wall" by Pink Floyd.  That album has a lot of angst in it.  I was also with a people that gave off negative vibes.  It triggered me into a state of panic.

That reminds me of my first 'bad' trip, back when I was young. Saucerful of Secrets by Pink Floyd was playing, which is like a 12 minute piece of random frightening noises. Completely fucked me up, and I didn't even think of the possibility of putting on a different song, weirdly enough. :P 

But yeah, I can see how the Wall could do that. It's not a positive story I guess.

Guys I also study abroad right now will it interfere with my future study process? Does it make me unproductive or depressed over the period?

I want to start with truffles but want to get sure that everything does not go wrong. On the internet some people say that there were reports when people were committing suicide because of shrooms. Can this happen on small doses and with truffles? Also I want your advise about environment:

Is it better to be in a dark room or light?

Do I need sitter for a first time? (I don't have one)

What is the worst possibility for 15 g truffles?

Is there any possible way to stop trip if it goes bad?

any tips of how to use the trip time? (techniques, meditation, inquiry..)

Those scores on the labels are complete horse shit by the way.  Take 3 grams first, 2 if you're a bit of a pussy.  Nothing wrong with being a pussy on your first time, sometimes it's a good idea.  

7 hours ago, egoless said:

I want to start with truffles but want to get sure that everything does not go wrong. On the internet some people say that there were reports when people were committing suicide because of shrooms. Can this happen on small doses and with truffles? Also I want your advise about environment:

You're overthinking a mild mushroom trip me thinks.  I'd say, yes to trip sitter, but for all other things you may want to acclimate yourself with the psychedelic experience first before you start making too many plans.  Because if you actually go into even mildly deep water your plan will go bye bye.  

Edited by Heart of Space

@egoless Don't worry too much about it. Just start with a tiny dose in a comfortable setting on an empty stomach.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

9 hours ago, egoless said:

You're focussing on all the negatives. It's gonna be a lot of fun actually. You'll see :)

Honestly though, if it were me doing my first trip, I'd probably just use this trip to get get comfortable with the thing. Enjoy it. And then return for a second trip to dive deep with meditation/inquiry. But you'll know what to do when it happens.

2 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

You're focussing on all the negatives. It's gonna be a lot of fun actually. You'll see :)

Honestly though, if it were me doing my first trip, I'd probably just use this trip to get get comfortable with the thing. Enjoy it. And then return for a second trip to dive deep with meditation/inquiry. But you'll know what to do when it happens.

As suggested I researched a lot about shooms and maybe that was a bad idea. I am now really overthinking because of that... I read many negative feed backs about possible long term effects like these: 

Flashbacks that may be pleasant or a living nightmare; may be caused by using other drugs or by engaging in physical exercise; have appeared weeks, months, and even years after the use of mushrooms

Sustained depression

Lack of motivation

Panic attacks

Compromised memory

Inability to concentate

Severe mental disturbances

Psychosis

Delusions

@Leo Gura In this video you mention these words: - "this is it! This is the deepest point! I am fully Enlightened!" while describing your trip on mushrooms. So my question is - is a real ego death and Enlightenment experience possible on Mushrooms and truffels as well as you get from 5-Meo-Dmt? 

Edited by egoless

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 1:37 PM, DoubleYou said:

That reminds me of my first 'bad' trip, back when I was young. Saucerful of Secrets by Pink Floyd was playing, which is like a 12 minute piece of random frightening noises.

@DoubleYou @Joseph Maynor Here's a good one by Santana. Something about it really messes with the ego. It sounds.......primordial or something. Maybe Joe can play this one on his horn?:D

23 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

Opps! What happened?

Idk maybe shroom happened haha