egoless

Magic Truffles For Beginners

29 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, egoless said:

I want to start with truffles but want to get sure that everything does not go wrong. On the internet some people say that there were reports when people were committing suicide because of shrooms. Can this happen on small doses and with truffles? Also I want your advise about environment:

Is it better to be in a dark room or light?

Do I need sitter for a first time? (I don't have one)

What is the worst possibility for 15 g truffles?

Is there any possible way to stop trip if it goes bad?

any tips of how to use the trip time? (techniques, meditation, inquiry..)

There have been studies showing that psychedelics are among the lowest risk for harm to oneself and others. There are precautions though, like don't mix them with SSRI medication.

Based on my reading a lot of message boards, it seems "bad trips" are often due to inexperienced people looking for a drug-induced high - taking too high of a dose and freaking out when they lose touch with reality. I generally trip solo.

For me, I would plan on tripping multiple times and starting with a small-moderate dose. If reality gets strange, sometimes it's cool and fun. Sometimes it can be unsettling and the mind can make up some freaky stories.  If I'm still in touch with reality, I can settle myself down by thinking "This isn't real, it will wear off in a few hours".

I've experienced some nondual sensations on high doses beyond the "ego death" zone. Yet, there is also confusion and thought loops. So, not my favorite place to go. With experience, I've been aware of nondual sensations on low doses, yet it took experience to let go and relax into it. There can be a strange feeling and sense of losing control - it can lead to anxiety of the unkown and what could happen. Losing contact with what you thought was real can be unsettling. One time, I felt like I was in a reality within a reality within in a reality. I didn't know which was real and the anxiety started building. Then I was like, "This is kinda like the movie Inception, it could be cool". That was enough to steer things in another direction.

Set and setting is really important. I get much more empathetic on shrooms and some things feel 10X intense. Like the bratty kid screaming outside sounds like he is being beaten and tortured by his parents. Yet, a touching scene of a surprise birthday party of TV can be the most beautiful thing ever and send me into tears, love and joy. . . I absolutely avoid all negative, violent, dark music or videos. It all gets amplified.  Dark or light isn't too important to me. The visuals are better in the dark and with closed eyes. I generally go with the flow. Sometimes I can experience music at another level and want to dance. Other times, I go for a walk and experience flowers, insects, animals, clouds and trees totally differently.

During the afterglow, I am still very empathetic and in tune with my surroundings. Yet, now I can interact with people now problem. I love to go for a walk in the neighborhood or nature during the after glow.

@Serotoninluv Do you control your decisions and movements on truffel trip? I mean can I unlock my room door and walk outside bothering other tenants in dormitory not even realizing what I'm doing?

@egoless That was one of my fears: that I would lose control and behave in bizarre ways and get in trouble.

What I have found is that I can get anxious in the sub-ego death zone as it feels like I am losing control and I don't know what "might happen". Yet, beyond that, nothing new takes over. It's not like there is some alter-ego dark side that takes the keys for joy ride. I let go of control to . . . just being. And with the higher doses beyond ego-death, I am lying in bed in a state of confusion or visualizations. I wouldn't even be able to enter the passcode to my phone at that point. I have had blackouts in this zone. Yet, I'm literally sitting in my room or laying in bed in another zone. Perhaps others are functional on high doses, but not me.

For low-medium doses, there can be some "mindfuck". For me it's only about 20 minutes and I can say "it's ok, not real, this is interesting, no one knows you are tripping, relax in a quite area for a bit". I am present and aware, the story of reality can get weird. For example, I was shrooming in Medellin, Colombia with a girl I just met the day before (she just smoked pot). We were at a restaurant for brunch during the comeup. At one point, the face of the waiter looked odd. There was an odd energy. We made eye contact and it was like "he knows" and I felt a connection. My mind starts telling a story how he seems like he's from a spirit world and he entered my life for some reason. Yet, I don't know why and get nervous. I look around the restaurant and people are eating and talking. It seems too perfect. Like a movie or a computer simulation. I don't know my role in the simulation or what will happen next. I get anxious that I may stand up and yell "what is going on? stop this!". I'm still present, yet it's like I'm on some foreign planet. That would make me anxious sober! I understand how this could spiral out of control for novices. I tried to talk myself down that it's all ok, yet the stimulation was too much. I told my friend I had to leave NOW. We boxed our food and left. I couldn't deal with people and asked if we could sit on a quiet bench in nature. After 10 min., life became so fascinating and beautiful! I was climbing trees and admiring insects and flowers. I was talking with street artists in Spanish about their life history.

I may have had some nondual awareness that seem foreign and scary. Looking back, the moment with the waiter may have been nondual. Yet, my mind created a weird story afterwards.

That's why I would suggest a low-medium dose the first time. So, you are still in touch with reality and can change your set and setting if there is a trouble spot.

5 hours ago, egoless said:

So my question is - is a real ego death and Enlightenment experience possible on Mushrooms and truffels as well as you get from 5-Meo-Dmt? 

Yes, at high doses you'll go fully nondual.

But mushrooms are twisted. So your mind will struggle to fully understand what is happening. 5-MeO is more clear and direct, and much deeper, much faster.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, egoless said:

@Serotoninluv Do you control your decisions and movements on truffel trip? I mean can I unlock my room door and walk outside bothering other tenants in dormitory not even realizing what I'm doing?

Yes, you still have lots of control. But your desires, fears, concerns, and inhibitions will change.

For example, you might decide to walk out the front door with your dick hanging out. Because you won't care, or think it's funny.

Under mushrooms, you will no longer be yourself. You will be much more authentic, childlike, and animal-like. You will start to move like a monkey. You will feel a pleasant but somewhat odd intoxication. It's a remarkable experience.

At higher doses, you will get so totally mindfucked you will forget that reality ever existed.

Mushrooms work in waves and they will temporary suck you into very deep hypnotic-like trances. They will fuck with you sense of time and memory.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes, you still have lots of control. But your desires, fears, concerns, and inhibitions will change.

For example, you might decide to walk out the front door with your dick hanging out. Because you won't care, or think it's funny.

Under mushrooms, you will no longer be yourself. You will be much more authentic, childlike, and animal-like. You will start to move like a monkey. You will feel a pleasant but somewhat odd intoxication. It's a remarkable experience.

At higher doses, you will get so totally mindfucked you will forget that reality ever existed.

Mushrooms work in waves and they will temporary suck you into very deep hypnotic-like trances. They will fuck with you sense of time and memory.

Haha that would be funny Leo! But thing is I live in dormitory in different country and definitely don't wanna go out in the garden with my dick hanging out! So as it appears shrooms really have potential to get you in trouble. I better lock my door really well. P.S I hope that kind of "insanity" only happens with very large dose like 30 grams of truffles or smth like that? 

Edited by egoless

18 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I did inappropiate stuff on mushrooms when I was younger, like pissing on a festival hang out are but contrary to doing it because I thought it was so fun (well maybe there was some part of that, definitely some curiosity), I actually was still mostly acting from a subconscious fear to prove myself being a bad ass to the machine elves or God.

But you're always lucid enough to think just fine in my experience, but just don't underestimate your subconscious bullshit attachments and ego you've build up which may sprout a lot of weird thinking/impulses (which of course, you can decide to follow or not), therefor I would say really stick to low doses if you want to go public. 

Psilocybin found in truffles can lead to powerful experiences. Although they can be very positive it is important to know which truffles to take as a beginner and how much of them to consume in order to gain the best trip possible. Magic truffles are a psychedelic delight, yet knowing where to start, especially if you are a beginner, can be tough.

I highly prefer the truffles of when I near Amsterdam than any mush I have had. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"