sgn

No Existential Death = Relief? Why?

14 posts in this topic

I hear some say when you truly realize there's no real death, there's relief.
I just wonder why it's a relief?
Who knows how much suffering awaits...

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

If you're already dead, nothing can harm you.

That's presently the case. But you're not aware of it. You believe you have something to lose.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I mean. Yes nothing can harm awareness. But still it is aware of suffering in this body.
After this body dies. Who knows what more suffering there will be an awareness of? Do you get what I mean?

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

@sgn Yes, it sure seems that way when you've not awoken yet.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Ok

@Leo Gura when the student is ready, the master will appear

thank you Leo.

"Move and the way will open."
– Zen Proverb

It gives you a relief because you realize whatever you do here is really cheap, it doesn't matter.  It's a freebie.  It's a simulation.  You're already dead.  The Ego warps this though and makes it seem like what we are doing here is really serious and important.  You are immortal.  This place is just a movie.  Karma is still an issue though, see.  When you die, you wanna feel good, not like a piece of shit.  Also, I'm not sure how Karma carries over into how Being feels in the post-death experiences.  I got the sense that you don't want to carry any negative shit with you if possible.  Best to be clean and positive.  Be aware and be charitable.  It's all part of your movie.  Don't piss where you drink.  You are Being.  Being doesn't die.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I mean after the body dies. If this awareness which is aware of suffering in this body will be aware of it again and again in new ones to come...
I can also see that it already is. Aware of  everything already in other bodies.

15 hours ago, sgn said:

I hear some say when you truly realize there's no real death, there's relief.
I just wonder why it's a relief?
Who knows how much suffering awaits...

@sgn 'No one is dying because no one is being born'  Nisargadatta

I know that sounds very far out. And it is. The mind can't comprehend it, it's so deep. As Leo calls it 'radical openness' is needed.

It's all illusion arising in consciousness. All of it. You, me, everyone, everything, birth, death, existence. It's all an amazing illusion. Enjoy it while your aware of it but never forget that you where 'born' into a dream state. Consciousness creates the dreamscape and the mind adds to it. When you 'die' consciousness and mind will come to it's end and so will this dream.  You could awaken before the death of the body/mind. Seeing this would be awakening or enlightenment. Something in you knows the sleeper must awaken.

Edit: That would suggest that everything in existence is one. But not in a way you may have thought.

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

If you're already dead, nothing can harm you.

That's presently the case. But you're not aware of it. You believe you have something to lose.

Death has been knocking on my door the past few months and it's been both frightening and liberating. I've been told to just let go and surrender. Easier said than done for me. I'm safe in my head, yet the times when it *really* comes down to giving up control, I struggle and experience high anxiety, fear and even terror one time. Does the death come all at once for good? Or can there be a process of dying?

14 hours ago, sgn said:

I mean after the body dies. If this awareness which is aware of suffering in this body will be aware of it again and again in new ones to come...
I can also see that it already is. Aware of  everything already in other bodies.

At some point, perhaps, if you want to.

But Look at near death experiences and how people experience the bliss of subtle realms.

Look at ego death.

Look at natural life.

Only emotionally suppressed humans experience the greatest deal of suffering.

AND STILL life is generally experienced as beautiful here for a large part. And this is just one phase in our evolution as a species.

And awakened beings speak about how much better life is, so much grander than the best unawake moments.

So trust yourself, trust life, you know you are good at heart. And can you honestly say life hasn't been beautiful for you too?

39 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Death has been knocking on my door the past few months and it's been both frightening and liberating. I've been told to just let go and surrender. Easier said than done for me. I'm safe in my head, yet the times when it *really* comes down to giving up control, I struggle and experience high anxiety, fear and even terror one time. Does the death come all at once for good? Or can there be a process of dying?

I hope you may find this as useful as I find it, it's epic

48 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

@Serotoninluv There is no rush to do anything.. This all takes time. It took years to build the 'you' that exists now.

Remember when you where very young? Life was uncomplicated because you where. There was only a sense of presents or 'I Am' at the core of your being. Learn to dwell in that again. That is your guiding light. It was there to guide you into this world. It's never left your side.

On 9/19/2017 at 2:28 PM, Serotoninluv said:

For me, a good analogy is to imagine myself as a daredevil. Your ego makes death (or whatever else) feel terrifying but I can guarantee you it's a bluff. The ego acts like it has you in checkmate, or that it has a full house against you. Intuitively see though that shit. Dare greatly, and you can push the envelope. A daredevil follows his intuition, his feelings.